"Serial Losers"

The Ibrox Derry

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Clement has inherited other managers problems.

We have improved a lot under him and it's becoming clear, if it wasn't already, the players are the problem.

We need to be saying goodbye to a good chunk of our core and rebuilding for a new era. Multiple managers have failed to get a consistent song out this bunch.

Yes and no! Stevie Wonder could see Sam Lammers isn’t a player yet he still plays, why? 

26 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Lose that and it’s the end of Tav , goldson etc career at Rangers for good

the fact before that we have to go to tynecastle , Betis etc and must win.  seen this movie too many times before from these losers. 

Not sure how the takeaway from tonight is the problem is Goldson tbf  (or Tav as average as he was).

That was almost entirely a new team tonight. 11 players on the field at some point signed since last Summer.

The defence looked worse without Goldson. And the communication and drive/leadership poorer.

Tav was poor but if he doesn’t show up our attack just doesn’t exist.

Our recruitment has been so bad that we still have to rely on Goldson or Tav to have outstanding games to bail us out. Or we just capitulate.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not sure how the takeaway from tonight is the problem is Goldson  (or Tav as average as he was).

That was almost entirely a new team tonight. 11 players on the field at some point signed since last Summer.

The defence looked worse without Goldson. And the communication and drive/leadership poorer.

Tav was poor but if he doesn’t show up our attack just doesn’t exist.

Our recruitment has been so bad that we still have to rely on Goldson or Tav to have outstanding games to bail us out. Or we just capitulate.

I wasn’t talking about tonight 

I said if we lose that final in a few weeks then it will be the nail in the coffin for many of the senior members of this squad and the whole mentality question  . Some big games before hand in the league and Europe before we even get to Hampden. Up to them to deliver 

Tynecastle

Seville 

Hampden 

Three games that will define our season before we have the taigs at their place. Genuinely struggle to see us come out of that with 3 wins! There’s been poor Rangers teams in the past who had an absolute swagger about them that would mean other teams had shat it before they even got on the pitch, teams genuinely believe they are taking something off us & there’s a serious lack of self belief in this squad to counter that! 

6 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Tynecastle

Seville 

Hampden 

Three games that will define our season before we have the taigs at their place. Genuinely struggle to see us come out of that with 3 wins! There’s been poor Rangers teams in the past who had an absolute swagger about them that would mean other teams had shat it before they even got on the pitch, teams genuinely believe they are taking something off us & there’s a serious lack of self belief in this squad to counter that! 

Would sacrifice Betis in a heartbeat for two wins in the other fixtures you mentioned 

getting through in the Europa to no doubt be out by feb/March anyway wouldn’t make up for a title challenge collapsing on its arse and a major opportunity of silverware being blown 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Would sacrifice Betis in a heartbeat for two wins in the other fixtures you mentioned 

getting through in Europe wouldn’t make up for a title challenge collapsing on its arse and a major opportunity of silverware being blown 

100% mate! 

Was saying earlier that the game in Seville is massive as it means QF of Europa. You’d never get away with it at Rangers but there defo would be something said for resting players ahead of the final.

We simply have to win that final! At least going into that game at PH 11 points behind can be put down to the success of having won the cup & you’ve got confidence on closing the gap to 2! Scary how the loser mentality could breed here if these games don’t go our way.. 14 behind and no League Cup 🤯

We look like a completely different side since the international break and Clement needs to get a grip of the situation very quickly or he will find himself under huge pressure. 

Players having babies has absolutely nothing to do with anything ffs 2 basic long balls in behind our defence =2 goals. 

We've got that mob at the end of this month if things don't improve we will get a tanking like the Warburton days. 

On 28/11/2023 at 14:00, Swagger said:

It’s mentality but there’s a lack of passion too. Too many of our players would have been happy with the late point and down the road on Sun. 

This is what annoys TF out of me. I can take a loss or a draw if I see that the effort has been put in, but time after time we see a limp first half or a sleepwalking team that doesn’t wake up until the defence is raped for a agonisingly sloppy goal. We almost never come out the traps with the jets firing, which is inexcusable for a supposedly professional team that makes up one out of the elite two in Scotland. 

8 hours ago, Badger said:

We have improved a lot under him and it's becoming clear, if it wasn't already, the players are the problem.

We need to be saying goodbye to a good chunk of our core and rebuilding for a new era. Multiple managers have failed to get a consistent song out this bunch.

We looked like we had improved when Beale came in. We looked like we had improved when Clement came in but it’s the same story all the time with these arseholes on the pitch.

Beale has completely fucked us and although Clement obviously needs time and his own players it’s a worry that he’s looking at Sam Lammers and thinking it’s a good idea to start him in must win games.

Lammers was his usual shite but Cifuentes was another level of pish and looks to be another Beale disaster. How the two stayed on the pitch the time they did is criminal 

It's the managers fault apparently that the same batch of guys and even the new players have resorted to the same thing they've done season after season, as soon as there's a opportunity to put on pressure and get a result for what we really need, they chuck it. Europe has been the outlier and even thats now becoming part of the problem. The core of the team is rotten and that works it's way out. Clement will be made to be another fall guy by picking the same shite. The only way he can save his own job is by changing the whole thing. 

We need a complete rebuild. I can only think of 2 players from last night that get any type of pass mark; Butland and McCausland. We all know that PC has a titanic struggle on his hands getting some kind of consistently good performance out of this shower as they have consistently showen that they are 2nd prizers. I have little hope for a up swing in performances but do hope that PC can get some of the shite moved on starting at the back and working forwards.

Clement said a week ago or a couple of weeks ago about having a vision and not implementing it all to soon? Or something very similar.

Maybe the last 2 games since the break he has introduced something else in his training or tactics that the players seem to be struggling with. Its the only thing i can think off for total Shitebag performances.  

I like Clement but how he keeps picking Lammers confuses the shite out of me. Anyone can see the man is a fucking empty jersey. He should have been hooked along with Cifuentes in that first half. I just knew when they both came out second half that this will be frustrating with Clement if he keeps being blind towards Lammers.

12 hours ago, Badger said:

The old guard like Tav and Goldson (to a lesser extent) have gone stale. We need root and branch change

12 hours ago, sRcFoCt said:

Wouldn't surpise me in the slightest if Philip Celment has probably told them there will be no Christmas night out because of the cup final and they've taken the huff

Wouldn't surprise me if players have took the huff when Clement didn't give them a week off during the international break. No coincidence the performances have been a fucking disgrace since and these players are extremely sensitive.

3 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

It's the managers fault apparently that the same batch of guys and even the new players have resorted to the same thing they've done season after season, as soon as there's a opportunity to put on pressure and get a result for what we really need, they chuck it. Europe has been the outlier and even thats now becoming part of the problem. The core of the team is rotten and that works it's way out. Clement will be made to be another fall guy by picking the same shite. The only way he can save his own job is by changing the whole thing. 

I honestly think Europe was so good for a while with some of these squads over last 5-6 years due to in earlier years being a bit of a underdog and punching above our weight at times .

It’s a completely different pressure, expectation and mentality that is  required to be a consistent,challenging and even dominating Rangers team on the domestic front which we have struggled at time and time again bar one season 

Whole squad needs gutting. I genuinely can't name 5 players I'd keep as part of a rebuild. Butland definitely, the rest, I honestly couldn't give a fuck about.

I think there are one or two players that will do better with better players around them, Danilo for example, but we're so far from that being a reality I'd sell him for the cash if we could.

It's true though, the squad is full of bottle merchants. Read in the paper midweek Tav saying "we will learn from this" (after the sheep draw). How many times has that line been trotted out and we havent "learned" from it? Same old shitty soundbites after every disappointing performance 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just me thats worried there's a race starting between Clement who's trying to clear the decks of the serial losers, and the players doing their standard to add him to the list of managers they got the sack?

Only by certain ones on here it looks like. No chance do we sack Clement because of the same players that have let manager after manager down. 

Time to clear that dressing room. Properly this time. Don't care who has to fund it but the board have to find a way and at least bring in a very competent DoF to complement the manager.

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Only by certain ones on here it looks like. No chance do we sack Clement because of the same players that have let manager after manager down. 

Time to clear that dressing room. Properly this time. Don't care who has to fund it but the board have to find a way and at least bring in a very competent DoF to complement the manager.

Your post was out of date within seconds mate :lol:

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just me thats worried there's a race starting between Clement who's trying to clear the decks of the serial losers, and the players doing their standard to add him to the list of managers they got the sack?

I would happily see every single one of them bar Butland out the door before Clement.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

We absolutely need to give him time and yet again overhaul the squad. PC absolutely has my personal backing.

But if we didn't win the cup, and the manager keeps picking duds like lammers, then the goodwill in him would plummet. 

I think the squad is quite a tight group, there's a risk that if they think he's acted unfairly to a popular one ie Cantwell that he then gets undermined.

Given we're likely to have no budget to overhaul it all quickly then I reckon we're in a pretty precarious place.