"Serial Losers"

The Ibrox Derry

After every defeat or draw we get this title trotted out about certain members of our squad, mainly Goldson, Tav, Barasic etc etc.

Is it justified?

Isn't every game a must win for Rangers?

Yes, there has been some major fuck ups and poor results involving the above players over the last 5 years, but equally there has been some memorable victories aswell.

Are we now in a habit of crucifying certain players,when things don't go our way.

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

After every defeat or draw we get this title trotted out about certain members of our squad, mainly Goldson, Tav, Barasic etc etc.

Is it justified?

Yes, there has been some major fuck ups and poor results involving the above players over the last 5 years, but equally there has been some memorable victories aswell.

Are we now in a habit of crucifying certain players,when things don't go our way.

Their medal return is why these labels come out 

domestically their trophy return has been pish . Until that changes questions are always going to be asked

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Is it justified?

Completely justified.

I hate the term serial loser because sutton coined it for Tav (i think), but its somewhat true that they lack the killer mentality.  Goldson failing to make a block in the UEL final when any one of us wouldve given our right (and left) baw(s) to stop it always springs to mind.

16 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, it’s clearly Tav’s fault he isn’t playing alongside players the quality of Goram, Gough, Robertson, Ferguson, McCall, Miko, Steven, Durrant, McCoist and Hateley. I don’t think we’d have won any more trophies if we had Malcom, Ross and Murray in the squad. 

How many players of that quality were in the 04/05 side when Ross and Malcolm won it?

36 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, it’s clearly Tav’s fault he isn’t playing alongside players the quality of Goram, Gough, Robertson, Ferguson, McCall, Miko, Steven, Durrant, McCoist and Hateley. I don’t think we’d have won any more trophies if we had Malcom, Ross and Murray in the squad. 

I don’t agree with the comparing against arguably our pinaccle as a club in the 90s and using it as an excuse to justify our piss poor domestic trophy return as of late . Celtic aren’t operating at the same calibre of player they were twenty years ago either. They have just been allowed to hover up most trophies before them over the last 8 years because of our piss poor mentality in that time . There is no excuses for us not landing a couple of more league cups and Scottish cups from Gerrard’s arrival onwards. 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

I don’t agree with the comparing against arguably our pinaccle as a club in the 90s and using it as an excuse to justify our piss poor domestic trophy return as of late . Celtic aren’t operating at the same calibre of player they were twenty years ago either. They have just been allowed to hover up most trophies before them over the last 8 years because of our piss poor mentality in that time . There is no excuses for us not landing a couple of more league cups and Scottish cups from Gerrard’s arrival onwards. 

We got handed a potential treble on a plate in 20-21 and we blew it.

The league campaign was almost flawless but to also get knocked out of two cups in the same season after celtic had already been knocked out of them sums up the weak, shitebag mentality that has existed at the club for too long.

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

No, I’m using to highlight the difference in quality of player Tav, for example, plays alongside and how that has affected his trophy count. I don’t think a back four of Tav, Gough, Brown and Robertson would have been lacking in trophies. 

37 minutes ago, left winger said:

Aye cause Stevie May and Shaun Rooney had prime Goram, Gough and Hateley along side them too.

You just keep making excuses. It’s an extremely poor medal return for a Rangers player of 9 seasons.

No one can argue against the medal return but we have been hamstrung of real quality since been put down the leagues but I’m still of the mind that we can win this LC and im not writing us off in the league just yet. Maybe these players can deliver this and go one better but the reality facing us is we could end up with fk all and these players getting hounded out and labelled serial failures for decades. 

14 minutes ago, left winger said:

No, I’m using to highlight the difference in quality of player Tav, for example, plays alongside and how that has affected his trophy count. I don’t think a back four of Tav, Gough, Brown and Robertson would have been lacking in trophies. 

But has the quality Tav is surrounded by since 2018 and Gerrards arrival really been so bad compared to Celtic that it justifies their trophy return compared to ours and our overall dreadful Hampden record in the same time ? I don’t think it has 

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye cause Stevie May and Shaun Rooney had prime Goram, Gough and Hateley along side them too.

You just keep making excuses. It’s an extremely poor medal return for a Rangers player of 9 seasons.

One fluke season for St Johnstone. Let’s not kid ourselves on.

Call it making excuses if you want, but having a a relatively low quality of team mates can only have a detrimental effect. 

7 minutes ago, left winger said:

One fluke season for St Johnstone. Let’s not kid ourselves on.

Call it making excuses if you want, but having a a relatively low quality of team mates can only have a detrimental effect. 

But I don’t think it has been that much lower in quality than our main opposition since 2018. That’s the main point I am trying to make . We have outperformed them in Europe in just about every season in the same timescale so why have we failed to match them on the domestic front ? Why are we the ones who always seem to be playing catch up in the league  ?

I think it’s the context of the losses as much as anything else. When we were presented with a chance to narrow the gap this weekend, I’m sure a part of all of us was thinking ‘we’ll blow this’. That’s been the case with successive managers for years now - the obvious commonality being several senior players and, until recently, figures behind the scenes. It’s a stark contrast to our identity before 2012/13. When I was growing up watching teams under McLeish and Smith, I’d always have backed us to be the last team to blink when the pressure was on.