Why do our fans accept mediocrity?

psb07158

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

How are the fans accepting mediocrity?

Everyone knows where we are atm with these players, anyone that expected us to go there yesterday and run over them with Dessers up front, no decent lb, a young fella on the wing and a midfield put together because of injuries quite obviously has their head up their arse

Daft as fuck thread

We are struggling with injuries etc, they were missing Vickers there best centre half. I myself admit i got caught up on the hype aswell but fair play thought a draw  at best, then I seen the officials

I think the players continually getting beaten by these cunts would cause them professional embarrassment but I don’t see it, no real drive and I want to see these cunts treated with disdain not appearing to accept ‘ah fuck here we go again’. Acceptance rather than let’s get tore in. I think the fans, or some of them, seem to be in that frame of mind also.

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Had we a decent finisher, we'd have won yesterday.

It's ultimately been the difference between the two sides the last few seasons anyway. 

They've had Dembele, Edouard and now Kyogo that continually scores against us whilst we've been lumped with centre forwards and wingers etc that can't do it. 

We need a proper clear out of players that have stayed here too long, but we all know that anyway. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's ultimately been the difference between the two sides the last few seasons anyway. 

They've had Dembele, Edouard and now Kyogo that continually scores against us whilst we've been lumped with centre forwards and wingers etc that can't do it. 

We need a proper clear out of players that have stayed here too long, but we all know that anyway. 

Haven’t we had that?

Goldson, Tav and Lundstrum are the only 3 who played that have been here for any length of time.

Not really sure they were the problem. Lundstrum and Goldson were good. Tav wasn’t great but again stepped up with the free kick.

The problem was Cantwell, Sima, McCausland and Dessers who couldn’t do the business?

I know it’s fashionable to blame the old guard and imagine some Stockholm type syndrome.

But the difference was the final third quality - they’ve signed guys like Kyogo and O’Riley.

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'll keep saying it until he's gone but Connor Goldson has not and never will be good enough for us, a half decent centre back doesn't step off Kyogo to let him get that shot away yesterday.

As for the rest of them their time has been and gone. 

Yeh maybe - I’ve never played CB but didn’t think he did much wrong once we were put in that scenario.

If he dives in you likely give a foul away which is much more dangerous. 

Stay on your feet, you slow the play down hopefully and allow the team to recover.

He shifts him onto his weak foot. Finding the top bin with your weak foot to beat Butland is a 1 in 100 finish.

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'll keep saying it until he's gone but Connor Goldson has not and never will be good enough for us, a half decent centre back doesn't step off Kyogo to let him get that shot away yesterday.

As for the rest of them their time has been and gone. 

Apart from being our best defender in our best defensive season probably ever.

Balogun and Lundstram are to blame if anybody for the goal.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Apart from being our best defender in our best defensive season probably ever.

Balogun and Lundstram are to blame if anybody for the goal.

A flash in the pan season, he's never done it consistently enough and that's been the problem from day one, his pals included. 

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

How are the fans accepting mediocrity?

Everyone knows where we are atm with these players, anyone that expected us to go there yesterday and run over them with Dessers up front, no decent lb, a young fella on the wing and a midfield put together because of injuries quite obviously has their head up their arse

Daft as fuck thread

I actually agree with this. The problem is that it's the latest defeat and comes at the end of a long line of insipid performances and capitulations against them, so folk are understandably frustrated; myself included. 

44 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

A flash in the pan season, he's never done it consistently enough and that's been the problem from day one, his pals included. 

That's just not true. We found out just how valuable Goldson is to us when he got injured a season back. Goldson has the quality to play for us, but he is scarred against the filth.

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

That's just not true. We found out just how valuable Goldson is to us when he got injured a season back. Goldson has the quality to play for us, but he is scarred against the filth.

Goldson being our best CB is not a good endorsement, he stood off Kyogo for his goal, he passed the ball out of play and blamed Yilmaz. He is not good enough for us, got away with it because of the shite around him and Helander being crocked.

There is a gap in quality and numbers between the squads. They have forwards and sub forwards who score goals. I try to think every match who will score for us and think Tavenier with a penalty or free kick is the most likely. This should not be the case for a team our size. Front three are miss more than hit and midfield have not pulled their weight for years in the scoring dept. Even central defenders are below average in set piece goals.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tavernier posting yet another compilation of the year, after the shite show it’s been for the majority, including his goals against Celtic when we lost (again) at the Piggery, and in the final we lost, has annoyed me a helluva allot more than it should

Riddy

46 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Goldson being our best CB is not a good endorsement, he stood off Kyogo for his goal, he passed the ball out of play and blamed Yilmaz. He is not good enough for us, got away with it because of the shite around him and Helander being crocked.

Goldson is a good defender and over the course of his time here has showed he is good enough to play for us, by and large. As previously said, if people dint understand what he gives us after his injury and spell out, then they never will.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tavernier posting yet another compilation of the year, after the shite show it’s been for the majority, including his goals against Celtic when we lost (again) at the Piggery, and in the final we lost, has annoyed me a helluva allot more than it should

to me that is a accepting mediocrity, read the fkn room Tav ffs

56 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Goldson is a good defender and over the course of his time here has showed he is good enough to play for us, by and large. As previously said, if people dint understand what he gives us after his injury and spell out, then they never will.

Accepting mediocre defenders mate, gotta agree to disagree

6 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh maybe - I’ve never played CB but didn’t think he did much wrong once we were put in that scenario.

If he dives in you likely give a foul away which is much more dangerous. 

Stay on your feet, you slow the play down hopefully and allow the team to recover.

He shifts him onto his weak foot. Finding the top bin with your weak foot to beat Butland is a 1 in 100 finish.

Just before kyogo gets the ball Goldson is spinning around in panic stations, there is blame to go around and it is a brilliant finish but small margins costing us from the same players as always.

Can't say I have ever met a Rangers supporter who accepts mediocrity or doesn't want us to get better.

Social media is full of cunts who pass themselves off as Rangers supporters yet couldn't name 3 of our players.

Ther aren't Blue Noses, they are wee attention seeking trolls.

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

You know for a while I did believe that , but he's not dominant enough.  He's no Richard Gough or Terry Butcher or Graeme Roberts .