Why do our fans accept mediocrity?

psb07158

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Curious as to why you think the difference between Jack and McGregor is mentality and not quality.

McGregor is just a far far superior player to Jack. It’s not even close.

O’Riley is better than Cantwell.

Kyogo is far better than Dessers. 

Until we sign better players than they have we will continue to lose.

It’s why we beat Hearts. Not because we’re better mentally than them. Because we have better players.

No in that particular instance it’s certainly quality - but overall on a team level its mentality. We’ve went away from home and had transition opportunities and chances on goal I can’t recall in their stadium for a long, long time and still lost

At Ibrox in August we should have beat them and again, we lost against an atrocious back 4

In tight games, it’s mentality that gets you over the line - as we saw in Betis and against Aberdeen in the cup final. As @The Godfather posted earlier though, when we come up against them we just don’t believe we can win

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

No one laid a glove on kyogo either. Shitebag defenders. Butcher, Gough, Brown, Moore and Weir would be nailing him at least once each game. 

The dark arts have gone.

VAR has a lot to answer for 🤣.

I'd be getting involved in 50/50 with ORiley and taking it to the ground and "falling on his face' on my way up to my feet.

Too fucking nice.

Souness won't recognise this side.

Just now, psb07158 said:

No in that particular instance it’s certainly quality - but overall on a team level its mentality. We’ve went away from home and had transition opportunities and chances on goal I can’t recall in their stadium for a long, long time and still lost

At Ibrox in August we should have beat them and again, we lost against an atrocious back 4

In tight games, it’s mentality that gets you over the line - as we saw in Betis and against Aberdeen in the cup final. As @The Godfather posted earlier though, when we come up against them we just don’t believe we can win

We all hear about teams having a bogey team and ours is sadly them now. It's more shock than not when we don't get beat to outsiders watching on this past decade. 

It's nothing to do with ability because there team today especially in defence was as poor as ours in attack. We don't have the belief we can beat them, simple as that.

Because half our fans are wee guys who were not even a twinkle in their da’s eye when we were routinely skelping the bin dippers about.

They don’t know any better, half our ‘talisman’ wouldn’t get on a Rangers fucking bench back in the day. 

Probably wouldn’t start week in week out for the reserves.

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Curious as to why you think the difference between Jack and McGregor is mentality and not quality.

McGregor is just a far far superior player to Jack in every aspect of their games. 

O’Riley is better than Cantwell.

Kyogo is far better than Dessers. 

Until we sign better players than they have we will continue to lose.

It’s why we beat Hearts. Not because we’re better mentally than them. Because we have better players.

See I thought I was maybe just getting auld but I text my mate similar. Is it not just a case now of them having better footballers than us? Outweigh us financially and seem to be alot better at recruitment. 

When I was going to every game back in the day it was neck and neck but sometimes we had the financial edge. 

Look at that cunt that scored he's done more in one game than Cantwell has all season. 

I don’t think there’s any great amount of people accepting mediocrity. 

It always hurts to lose to celtic, particularly when we’ve been on the receiving end of so many beatings over the past decade. 

That said, you can still look at the game in a balanced fashion. 

It was a very even match decided by cutting edge and lack thereof at both ends of the park. Some of the refereeing was very poor also. 

Our performance was a world away from getting blown out by multiple goals as happened on a couple of occasions under Gio. 

You can say that all that matters is the three points, and I absolutely understand that viewpoint, but there’s context to football and the fact remains that it was a game that could have went either way today. 

Plenty to build upon, plenty to improve but I don’t feel particularly less optimistic about our prospects under Clement after this game than I did before. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It’s absolutely nothing about mentality. 

Skill with a ball is what it’s all about. We have zero creativity in midfield and a poor football player with very little skill as a no9. 

look at what Dessers said in his newspaper interview. Fuck me he was talking up his career and what it means. Yet he doesn’t actually play any better than a jnr football player on a Sunday. 

It’s funny man, all the experiences over the last few seasons, sometimes we seem to make real progress and it seems like we can stay a consistently good team - and it just seems  to unravel when we play celtic.

Trying to look at the positives with some players performances and our managers performances so far, but it’s hard not to feel like we are back to square 1 when we can’t get a result against the scum 

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

You have a Jelavic up front today your taking a draw atleast

All mentality talk goes out the window just get in better players.

41 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

I don't accept mediocrity, on a day like today I try to pick out the positive signs, ultimately a poor performance by us overall, however on chances created we should have at least took a point, probably even won the game.

Everyone has agreed Dessers isn't going to cut it, but it was our only real option. 

Correct that issue hopefully with Silva and bring in a competent attacking left back and we will be in a good place. This team creates plenty chances, we just don't have anyone to take them.

Also in the middle of the park Cantwell is lost in big games, we need to hope we can get players back from injury.

Ryan Jack would never have let MacGregor boss and bully the way he did, if nothing else, he'd have given us that.

That's absolute garbage. What about all the other times Jack has let McGregor run the show?

7 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I don’t think there’s any great amount of people accepting mediocrity. 

It always hurts to lose to celtic, particularly when we’ve been on the receiving end of so many beatings over the past decade. 

That said, you can still look at the game in a balanced fashion. 

It was a very even match decided by cutting edge and lack thereof at both ends of the park. Some of the refereeing was very poor also. 

Our performance was a world away from getting blown out by multiple goals as happened on a couple of occasions under Gio. 

You can say that all that matters is the three points, and I absolutely understand that viewpoint, but there’s context to football and the fact remains that it was a game that could have went either way today. 

Plenty to build upon, plenty to improve but I don’t feel particularly less optimistic about our prospects under Clement after this game than I did before. 

A very decent summary mate 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Exactly and Sima went off with probably a wee bruise 

If you cant convey your desire to represent the fans in your style of play you're fucked.

Not saying Sima, but in general, bust a gut for whatever amount of time you're on that field. 

Don’t think those saying there was a lack of mentality are actually that far off the mark! 

By all accounts, we lacked quality but a lot of these instances came from trying to rush things and not looking comfortable on the ball! Which ultimately comes down to mentality! Times as well when we sat off, which isn’t down to quality, that’s just showing too much respect!

We weren’t good enough at all but they also didn’t show much class!