Why do our fans accept mediocrity?

psb07158

5 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Their players look like they relish these games whereas our players want them out the way 

After all these years still no one in a Rangers jersey has put a proper tackle on McGregor or gave him any of the hassle a wee cunt like that would get from them if he was on our team 

Or kyogo he's a wee boy but never been tackled

The gap in quality is obvious; they are faster, smarter and look fitter than us. They have strength in depth, players, especially upfront, who can come on and make an impact. We have Wright and Matondo!!
They have proactive midfielders, we have midfielders who always seem to be at full stretch just trying  to get the ball. They take quick set pieces which still seem to catch out our players.

We have a superior keeper and arguably a better back four but we really need to find money to do what has been needed for ages: clear out the deadwood, the permanently injured and the plodders, replacing them  with players who can play at pace and have the ability to pass  and control ball and game and strikers who can fulfil the description.

A hard ask following years of shoddy recruitment and criminal waste of money and I have no clue of how to fund what is needed. Maybe get rid of the youth setup which apart from 2 players in 20 years has only benefited other teams in our league and below.

Yes I am sick at what seems to be continual disappointment and heartbreak my grandkids feel when we fall down to them and worse teams when we think we have a chance.

15 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Online today I’ve read:

- Tav scoring was great and important because it will have scared them

- McAusland and Yilmaz played really well 

- it’s OK Sima was that bad because he’s been good this season

Another loss against them, think that’s our 30th odd loss against them in the last 35 games at their stadium. An absolutely appalling record to have against them 

The manager needs money in January and in the summer the likes of Goldson and Tavernier need to go (that will catch a lot of flak for me on here). I like Tav a lot, but we need to get rid of a core leadership group which is clearly psychologically scarred against them

Apart from his free kick Tav was pish today,

We need at least five or six winners on the park constantly,  the old guard are done, I agree Clement needs backed he has earned it

Called it before the game ,said the biggest worry is players shitting it playing there and it happened it was so obvious happens twice a season for as long as I’ve watched us.

cantwell : shite shot with just hart to beat, 3 v2 he plays the wrong pass

balogun: his touch for his sending off ,he’s never done that all season

dessers: bearing down on hart fucks it, last week ( the offside one) runs through sidesteps the keeper and puts it in from an acute angle.

theres 3 instances [could give another 5 at least) where against any other team these things don’t happen  . Down to nothing else other than shitting it their mentally weak can’t handle the pressure

49 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Called it before the game ,said the biggest worry is players shitting it playing there and it happened it was so obvious happens twice a season for as long as I’ve watched us.

cantwell : shite shot with just hart to beat, 3 v2 he plays the wrong pass

balogun: his touch for his sending off ,he’s never done that all season

dessers: bearing down on hart fucks it, last week ( the offside one) runs through sidesteps the keeper and puts it in from an acute angle.

theres 3 instances [could give another 5 at least) where against any other team these things don’t happen  . Down to nothing else other than shitting it their mentally weak can’t handle the pressure

Mentality is the biggest difference between the two teams. Don't think there's that big of a gap in ability with the majority of the squad.

Still not convinced the basic abilities on ball retention and passing are being drilled into this squad what was and has been displayed the last few weeks has been abysmal even factoring in the decimated squad it's taken a young raw talent in McCausland and latterly John Lundstram to drive this team the rest have bit parts and that isnt sustainable or good enough.

They still aren't convincing in the  passing or movement on and off the ball which invariably leads to the ineptitude leading to loss of possession far too often.

I don't expect Barca esque football but to not even display consistency in the basics is fucking chronic despite how poor the game is up here a lot of the on field decision making is utterly mind numbing and far too predictable to opposition players because of the one dimensional mindset of the majority of that squad.

Yesterday was yet another example of playing into and gifting another game because the performance in the main was fucking rubbish.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Mentality is the biggest difference between the two teams. Don't think there's that big of a gap in ability with the majority of the squad.

Across the squads I don't think there is a huge gap. They are stronger in some areas especially striker. They have one that's consistently scoring in these games and we would need to go back to find the last striker we had that did it consistently against them. 

Mentality but is the key here. They come into these games expecting to win after a lengthy run of winning the games that matter. You can see we've still got players that fall apart in these games and that's not changing until Clement can start to move them on. 

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I don’t think yesterday’s defeat came down to them having a stronger mentality. They took one more opportunity than we did, that was the difference. 
They had home advantage with the full stadium backing them, at one point 2 nil up against 10 men yet they still came close to blowing it, hanging on until the final whistle.

Considering how things had been going under Beale the league should have been all but over but here we are still very much in contention, we’ve won silverware and have reached the last 16 of Europe. Clement has installed the right mentality now all that’s needed is some quality to go along with it.

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I don’t think yesterday’s defeat came down to them having a stronger mentality. They took one more opportunity than we did, that was the difference. 
They had home advantage with the full stadium backing them, at one point 2 nil up against 10 men yet they still came close to blowing it, hanging on until the final whistle.

Considering how things had been going under Beale the league should have been all but over but here we are still very much in contention, we’ve won silverware and have reached the last 16 of Europe. Clement has installed the right mentality now all that’s needed is some quality to go along with it.

I think they still have a stronger mentality than us, but I do agree with the rest of your post, and looking at the last sentence, I think Clement has installed a better mentality, but it’s not quite there, as yet. A result like Betis away wouldn’t have happened under our previous manager. However, it still needs to improve. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

They’re ruthless and we aren’t. They always seem to have a player that only needs a half chance to find the net in these games or sometimes even create a chance out of nothing. On the other hand we seem to need 3/4/5 chances before we stick one away and it costs us every time.

23 minutes ago, Badger said:

For me it's not about accepting mediocrity, I question decisions made at boardroom level that have brought our playing squad to where it is - but denying the reality of the cards we are holding with our playing squad is a futile exercise.

Yesterday had an air of we can only piss with the cock we've got. We have little depth in attacking mindfield and forward players, and those not playing yesterday are either youths, shit or injured. The fact we are bringing on Scott Wright to try turn the game highlights the problem. Alternatively it was bring on Lammers or Matondo.......

celtic are not miles ahead, but they are ahead in terms of quality in depth in attack -  and it showed when it mattered.

I do believe that Clement has done a better job than Rodgers has this season, but Rodgers has started from a position of strength, Clement one on the back foot.

Recruitment is absolutely key.

That sums it up perfectly. Its alright saying its unacceptable, which it is, but at the same time you have to recognize exactly where we are. Unfortunately yesterday was all too predictable. Thats as good as this squad is . Thats the level they are at. Michael  beale has fucked us over big time and its gonna take a bit of time to sort this. Im quite confident that given time and resources that Clement will sort it.

35 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Another example of it is this virgin making this video:

Catch a grip. What are you expecting people to do? Hate everything about the club they support?

Chucking on here again, place is a mess. Most nauseating fanbase in the world after a defeat 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

How are the fans accepting mediocrity?

Everyone knows where we are atm with these players, anyone that expected us to go there yesterday and run over them with Dessers up front, no decent lb, a young fella on the wing and a midfield put together because of injuries quite obviously has their head up their arse

Daft as fuck thread

I'm in agreement mate, as apart from there first choice centre half and hatate (who was on the bench) they were at full strength yesterday, we were missing, Raskin, Barisic, Jack and Danilo,  chuck in Lawrence and roofe as well half the squad named doesn't make the bench for us. 

4 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

I'm going to contradict my post by agreeing with what you say , though I do think they have a stronger mentality than us . 

On a positive , I dont think we ' bottled ' it , as others have suggested - we have on plenty previous occasions - but this time we were more positive , we handled the volatile atmosphere relatively well and , to me , the difference were they have strikers that score when given the opportunity,  we , quite simply , don't.  

Having said that , we do have a fragility when playing them . We seem to lack that steely determination to win no matter how , which is puzzling given some of the European teams we have beaten the last few seasons . Hopefully PC , will instill this , he certainly seems capable of it . 

4 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

That sums it up perfectly. Its alright saying its unacceptable, which it is, but at the same time you have to recognize exactly where we are. Unfortunately yesterday was all too predictable. Thats as good as this squad is . Thats the level they are at. Michael  beale has fucked us over big time and its gonna take a bit of time to sort this. Im quite confident that given time and resources that Clement will sort it.

To the untrained eye it looks as if Beale  sabotaged us. The way he treated Sakala, the Gio debacle, his backroom staff of desperados