***** The official Hibs v Rangers match thread *****

Madina

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

The amount of folk that still can't get their head around how VAR works after all this time is ridiculous. Got it in their heads that the technology is biased and is cheating is them. 

The lines are supposed to converge due to perspective. The technology uses the concept of vanishing points. The line would only correspond to any other line if it was literally on top of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_point

I think we all get that - however two parallel lines should still be spaced equally in vanishing point although at a smaller scale if further away.

49 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No, they shouldn't. That's the point. That's exactly what people aren't getting. Two parallel lines will eventually meet at the vanishing point. They will appear to get closer until they appear to meet.

If the left track was the 18 yard line and the right one the VAR line, folk would complain that they're not straight...

images.jpeg.5ebe55b951a3b31bb1fce4e95e025158.jpeg

The VAR system is calibrated for this. It's not MS Paint being used and nobody draws the line. It's tech calibrated to account for optical illusions, hence they're not parallel.

Don't come on here and start trying to prove things with facts

10 hours ago, goaaaal said:

Decent display last night in parts with three cracking goals in build up and finish.

However the now customary fuck about in defence with the ball even when we aren't really being pressed at that point always leads to  sloppy passes which Butland now seems happy to be part of and he himself had a few close shaves last night .

Cut that shit out more so when the press isn't there and find the forward pass.

The start of the second half was a prime example.of.hibs almost getting back in the game through our sloppy play and allowing them.a decent spell despite the two goal lead at that point.

The blatant dive on our left wing leading to a free kick and free header at goal was abysmal officiating as was the blatant double barge on Cantwell looked as if that went unpunished.

THIS 100%....and lets not forget Silva being brought down in the box and the ref gives them a freekick,are our players not asking for VAR checks,that was blatant.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

No, they shouldn't. That's the point. That's exactly what people aren't getting. Two parallel lines will eventually meet at the vanishing point. They will appear to get closer until they appear to meet.

If the left track was the 18 yard line and the right one the VAR line, folk would complain that they're not straight...

images.jpeg.5ebe55b951a3b31bb1fce4e95e025158.jpeg

The VAR system is calibrated for this. It's not MS Paint being used and nobody draws the line. It's tech calibrated to account for optical illusions, hence they're not parallel.

The Var lines crossover at approx 40 Yards at top of 18yard box.

Vanishing point should be Approx 200 yards away. So lines should never cross on 18 yard line

VAR is calibrated by Human beings who cheat.

Even a nats ball hair throws out, in favour of the corrupt. Thank god this country never has no corruption cheating or cover ups.

No one likes us we don't care.

12 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

The Var lines crossover at approx 40 Yards at top of 18yard box.

Vanishing point should be Approx 200 yards away. So lines should never cross on 18 yard line

VAR is calibrated by Human beings who cheat.

Even a nats ball hair throws out, in favour of the corrupt. Thank god this country never has no corruption cheating or cover ups.

No one likes us we don't care.

No they haven't. You can still see blue to the left and red to the right. They've met and merged completely when there is no individual colour viewable on either side.

It's calibrated pre season, mate. It's the same software for everyone. It's not adulterable (if that's a word) during the game. Computers decide how the lines are drawn. You're grasping for cheating software.

7 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

They were shit last night.

They weren't though on another day they'd have scored 3 or 4 Butland was brilliant and the team played well.

Hibs were far from shite until we scored the second then we just killed them off.

Make no mistake about it we've played better there and lost.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

No they haven't. You can still see blue to the left and red to the right. They've met and merged completely when there is no individual colour viewable on either side.

It's calibrated pre season, mate. It's the same software for everyone. It's not adulterable (if that's a word) during the game. Computers decide how the lines are drawn. You're grasping for cheating software.

Must be my blue tinted beer Goggles.

Just can't see any decisions against us as correct cant help it. 99.9% correct against is still wrong for me.

Bring it all on, bring them all on, big Phil as them on the ropes 

22 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Must be my blue tinted beer Goggles.

Just can't see any decisions against us as correct cant help it. 99.9% correct against is still wrong for me.

Bring it all on, bring them all on, big Phil as them on the ropes 

OK, fair enough. :lol:

14 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And it goes on and on and on and on
When me and you party together
I wish this night would last forever
'Cause I was feeling down and now I'm feeling better
And it goes on and on and on and on

When i heard it at cup final i thought last line said something about cyriel dessers 😂😂

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

Good explanation mate. He’s definitely off. Can see Lawrence’s left food is fully in the box. Whilst the Hibs player’s foot would be somewhat touching the 18 yard line if it extended across.

E8C624C5-3032-47E4-B08F-693396A8AAB1.png

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Good explanation mate. He’s definitely off. Can see Lawrence’s left food is fully in the box. Whilst the Hibs player’s foot would be somewhat touching the 18 yard line if it extended across.

E8C624C5-3032-47E4-B08F-693396A8AAB1.png

Yep.  You can do it with a ruler on your own, using that still frame.  Set the ruler in line with 18 yard box and slide towards the goal.  See what disappears from view first as you slide, the Hibs foot, or Lawrence's foot.  The answer is the Hibs foot, after it disappears behind the ruler, you can still see TLs foot - just.  

Offside.

13 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

When i heard it at cup final i thought last line said something about cyriel dessers 😂😂

Instead of 'cause I was feeling down and now I'm feeling better' it was 'up top we've got Cyriel Dessers' or something similar in Spain

On 24/01/2024 at 22:01, Rum Ham said:

Willing to give Raskin benefit of doubt.

Only really had a consistent run of games under Beale.

Hopefully will improve the more he plays under Clement.

Sterling has looked quality in cm though, so won’t be surprised if he keeps him out the team.

Disappointed in Raskin lately tbh.

Started well when we first signed him. Has had injury issues, but that aside, he isn't imposing himself in games the way he can.

Sterling has thrived in the midfield role, even though he is a defender.

His tracking back is outstanding. Uses his pace and clearly reads the game well.

Opposition midfielders would need Quadrophenia level mirrors to see him tracking them from behind!!!

ES6EindWkAADRiP?format=jpg&name=medium