Calling Decisions Out

18 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He sees a hand ball on an outstretched arm. It's a shite rule but it's a penalty. We got a similar penalty in Dortmund.

The penalty given against Hearts yesterday for me was the same as the "foul" we had given against Dortmund.  When Morelos takes the ball of the boy, runs up and squares it to Kent for the goal.  Player kicks him and somehow foul given against. 🤦

6 minutes ago, Jelavic18 said:

The penalty given against Hearts yesterday for me was the same as the "foul" we had given against Dortmund.  When Morelos takes the ball of the boy, runs up and squares it to Kent for the goal.  Player kicks him and somehow foul given against. 🤦

Or the OF goal where Dessers gets in front and the boy kicks him. Short memories that lot

I don't even know how mental gymnastics can be applied to a high boot.

Is the boot high? Yes

Is it endangering an opponent? Yes

Red card, simple. 

If its either the former then you could simply say yellow, fair enough but this wasn't the case. And im brendas own words with the game 2 month ago when hart got a boot to the face (and that was lower down too) he said it was a red by his own logic.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

I don't even know how mental gymnastics can be applied to a high boot.

Is the boot high? Yes

Is it endangering an opponent? Yes

Red card, simple. 

If its either the former then you could simply say yellow, fair enough but this wasn't the case. And im brendas own words with the game 2 month ago when hart got a boot to the face (and that was lower down too) he said it was a red by his own logic.

I think the argument is that he didn't mean it is a legit point, but that doesn't mean it's not a red card.  The way football is refereed these days is too clinical, the intentions players and the context of certain situations is often lost among a string of slow-motion replays.  If you catch someone in the face with your studs at head height, there's no escaping VAR in that situation.  No referee is going to conclude "Ach he was just trying to control the ball after chesting it and probably didn't see the opponent approaching" when looking a replay of that incident.

They've a much stronger grievance for the handball penalty given against them, but they won an even softer penalty themselves earlier in the game, kind of makes a mockery of their same-old same-old bleating about cheats and conspiracies.

6 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Or the OF goal where Dessers gets in front and the boy kicks him. Short memories that lot

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The reason given, which I reluctantly accepted, and was the case with Morelos as well, was that Dessers didn't have control of the ball before the defender hit the back of his leg. 

I've just seen a short clip of the incident so I don't know if the scum player had control of the ball prior to the clip but it doesn't look like it. It looked like the two of them were running for a ball which neither of them had control over.

5 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I think the argument is that he didn't mean it is a legit point, but that doesn't mean it's not a red card.  The way football is refereed these days is too clinical, the intentions players and the context of certain situations is often lost among a string of slow-motion replays.  If you catch someone in the face with your studs at head height, there's no escaping VAR in that situation.  No referee is going to conclude "Ach he was just trying to control the ball after chesting it and probably didn't see the opponent approaching" when looking a replay of that incident.

They've a much stronger grievance for the handball penalty given against them, but they won an even softer penalty themselves earlier in the game, kind of makes a mockery of their same-old same-old bleating about cheats and conspiracies.

The problem with that is how do you know what's going through a players mind and how do you make it obvious it wasn't meant? 

If you ask any player "did you mean that?" They'll always say no to get off with what they know is a very strong contension for red card. 

6 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The reason given, which I reluctantly accepted, and was the case with Morelos as well, was that Dessers didn't have control of the ball before the defender hit the back of his leg. 

I've just seen a short clip of the incident so I don't know if the scum player had control of the ball prior to the clip but it doesn't look like it. It looked like the two of them were running for a ball which neither of them had control over.

It was never a foul in a million years, Lagerbielke is looking for a forward pass as Dessers is pressing, he panics when he sees there isn't one, I think he is trying to play it back to the keeper when Dessers nicks in between him and the ball.  He kicks Dessers in the calf and VAR chops our goal and gives them a foul for it.  It was unbelievable.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

The problem with that is how do you know what's going through a players mind and how do you make it obvious it wasn't meant? 

If you ask any player "did you mean that?" They'll always say no to get off with what they know is a very strong contension for red card. 

That in itself is a case to ref the game in a robotic and clinical way.  I don't really agree with it though, I think refs need some understanding of what players are trying to do.  The reality is that deliberate handballs and serious fouls are quite rare.  The most common types of "deliberate" cheating is diving, time wasting and professionals fouls to stop a break aways, I'd rather see those clamped down on 

11 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I think the argument is that he didn't mean it is a legit point, but that doesn't mean it's not a red card.  

It's not a legit point if it's not in the rules. 

Serious foul play: A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

It doesn't mention intent, malice, whataboutery etc the way Lennon and Rodgers have when trying to justify it.

It's a red card all day and one that should have been seen and administered by Robertson at the time without needing var stepping in.

9 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

It was never a foul in a million years, Lagerbielke is looking for a forward pass as Dessers is pressing, he panics when he sees there isn't one, I think he is trying to play it back to the keeper when Dessers nicks in between him and the ball.  He kicks Dessers in the calf and VAR chops our goal and gives them a foul for it.  It was unbelievable.

I agree. I think it's a bullshit rule but at least it was consistent - at least as applied to us - and I've had to make my peace with it, otherwise I'd burn up in rage.

28 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

That in itself is a case to ref the game in a robotic and clinical way.  I don't really agree with it though, I think refs need some understanding of what players are trying to do.  The reality is that deliberate handballs and serious fouls are quite rare.  The most common types of "deliberate" cheating is diving, time wasting and professionals fouls to stop a break aways, I'd rather see those clamped down on 

I completely get what you mean. There is 100% genuine accidents but again how do you differentiate them from hatchet men being cute in vicious tackles.

The thing that irks me most with refs is when they buy the tackle from behind, no pressure on the player foul. Like you're telling me a big thud of a defender goes down because wee Ridvan bumped into him? :lol: 

16 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

The thing that irks me most with refs is when they buy the tackle from behind, no pressure on the player foul. Like you're telling me a big thud of a defender goes down because wee Ridvan bumped into him? :lol: 

Keepers time wasting and cunts stealing 10 - 15 yards at throw ins boils my piss 😂.  There must be rules guidance for refs just to ignore both 😡

My bugbare with refs is them not acting to blatant time wasting, on saturday their goalie fucked about at every kick out and the ref wasnt fussed, then they had a throw in at the dug out and the prick walked about 6 paces forward so the ref told him to stop, then he ran about 4 paces before throwing it, he had gained about 10 yds and ref didnt care, they are absolutely hopeless.

Timing is everything lol, just saw above.

6 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

My bugbare with refs is them not acting to blatant time wasting, on saturday their goalie fucked about at every kick out and the ref wasnt fussed, then they had a throw in at the dug out and the prick walked about 6 paces forward so the ref told him to stop, then he ran about 4 paces before throwing it, he had gained about 10 yds and ref didnt care, they are absolutely hopeless.

Timing is everything lol, just saw above.

giphy.gif

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

We really should be making more of the red card tackle, we win that game if he walks. 

Not even a fucking foul 😡.

Worse, the kid was in obvious distress and the ref didn't give a fuck.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

We really should be making more of the red card tackle, we win that game if he walks. 

It really highlights the difference in the taigs and us, not only with how we react to referees but with how others react to us.

Celtic bitch and moan, the media and pundits feed into it

We do it and it's because we're being entitled or sore losers. 

I sit in CR3 and could see the incident at full speed that it was what Porteous used to do, win the ball but when the opponent is there for the taking then do it. Red card all day long, the ref’s view is blocked iirc but how the linesman doesn’t get involved is shocking, no idea why VAR didn’t recommend it for a red and give the ref the chance to see it from a better angle.

Edit just checked it again the ref isn’t blocked just fucking incompetent.

They are useless bastards each and every one of them. As a club we moan after the game and thats it, we should be battering down the door at SFA and asking why that

1) The ref didnt take any action.

2) The ref didnt go to see if the boy was ok.

3) Why the fuck did VAR not tell the ref he needs to look at the tackle again as it was a clear and obvious error on the refs part.

Fuckin sick of these twats refereeing not just our games but they fuck up in every game.