Raskin

His play at the moment will attract criticism. Definitely no where near the levels he was showing last season. But I don't see how he can get back to full fitness and sharpness by sitting on the bench. Cantwell was equally poor when he was coming back from injury but after a run of games is starting to look more like the player we expect to see. For Raskin I think Clement is trying to manage his playing time and yesterday's game was a perfect opportunity to give him and one or two others and hour or so of competitive playing time.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Comments about Raskin being a ‘very poor footballer’ etc. are a bit wild.

He has underwhelmed but there’s a player there.

I still think he’ll come good.

Clement’s immediate priority was to turn the side around with the fit players available, not work on an injured player who wouldn’t be in the first team for a while.

Cifuentes is away, Jack won’t be renewed, Lawrence fitness is problematic so a core going forward of Lundstram, DioMande and Raskin is the way to go.

Looking to play in the premiership ? 

He’s a million miles away from that. Offers very very little. If he’s headed down south he should be pissing all over this league - fact is he’s a bench player at a push just now. Sterling the stand in right back is miles ahead of Raskin as it stands. 
Average at  very best 

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I still think he’ll come good.

Clement’s immediate priority was to turn the side around with the fit players available, not work on an injured player who wouldn’t be in the first team for a while.

Cifuentes is away, Jack won’t be renewed, Lawrence fitness is problematic so a core going forward of Lundstram, DioMande and Raskin is the way to go.

You've missed out Sterling there, so he'd be fourth choice at best.

That said, we don't know if Lundstram will be staying, so there's potentially still a place for Raskin.  But he has to show he wants it.

46 minutes ago, Southsider said:

You've missed out Sterling there, so he'd be fourth choice at best.

That said, we don't know if Lundstram will be staying, so there's potentially still a place for Raskin.  But he has to show he wants it.

Fair point but wasn’t Sterling seen as Tav’s long term replacement?

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's definitely a better player than the way he is playing because we have seen glimpses, but I just don't see where he breaks into that midfield. Suddenly, it has become an area of strength for us. 

Getting him match is obviously now what we’re working on.  

The volume of games & potential for injuries, fatigue or suspensions means he’ll likely be called upon as the season goes on. 

Think once he gets up to speed he’s a good option to fill in as & when required.  

So despite all our shite players were going top of this league, top of our Europa league, won the league cup and are in the quarters of the Scottish. 

just imagine what we could do if we had lots of great players just now - Well actually nothing more, or perhaps sitting top of the league with a few more points. But actually nothing more. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

So despite all our shite players were going top of this league, top of our Europa league, won the league cup and are in the quarters of the Scottish. 

just imagine what we could do if we had lots of great players just now - Well actually nothing more, or perhaps sitting top of the league with a few more points. But actually nothing more. 

Raskin and Dessers are absolutely shite, no amount of positive posting about league positions, European positions or cup wins will change this, I'm absolutely loving going to see Rangers just now but both are shite, shite. 

48 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Raskin and Dessers are absolutely shite, no amount of positive posting about league positions, European positions or cup wins will change this, I'm absolutely loving going to see Rangers just now but both are shite, shite. 

I agree Dessers is shite

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He's definitely a better player than the way he is playing because we have seen glimpses, but I just don't see where he breaks into that midfield. Suddenly, it has become an area of strength for us. 

That's what happens when we invest actual money in that midfield, accidentally stumble across a potential superb box to box player and bring back Thursday Night Lundstram on a permanent basis.