Raskin

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Couldn’t find a dedicated thread for him so made this one.

Shite. Does basically nothing every single game he plays and for some unknown reason rarely gets called out for it by the support. Like the invisible man in that midfield 

Hope we offload 

He gets called out all the time.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Awk gave his own wee dedicated thread, just to take a shit on him 😂 

Agree though, very below expectations. We were sold a dream, we got a donkey.

Yes, I make no secret about the fact I like to take a shit on players I don’t think are good enough 

I don't think he's shown enough in the time he's been here. The "impact" he had last season was overblown, based on the fact Kamara had checked out. 

I did see some favourable stats for him recently (not goals and assists) but he doesn't pass the eye test. I do want to give him some time to get back up to speed after his injury but he's certainly not at the top of the midfield pecking order.

Think his "injuries" have totally hampered him. Looks unfit and uninterested, which is a pity as he has shown in glimpses that he could do good. A right back is doing far better than him, needs to buck up his ideas or he will be one of the first out the door in the summer. Can't afford to carry players in our squad.

My biggest concern about Raskin is he goes through the majority of games he plays without impacting it. When he arrived you could see what he could offer. Thought he pressed well and you could see he could pass through the lines. 
But this season pre and post injury he has regressed so much I’d argue he’s 5th or 6th choice in midfield right at the moment. Lundstram, Jack, Sterling, Lawrence and Diomande are all ahead of him in there just now. And I’d even suggest Dowell has shown more than him in there this season. 
I thought he’d pick up when Clement came in with him knowing him from Belgium but the injury hampered that. He looks overweight to me but don’t know if that’s just his body and face shape. 
With Diomande’s arrival I expect him to make that position his own beside Lundstram within the next month or so. Big few months ahead for him.

I posted it in the match thread yesterday, but he's flown under the radar because Lammers and Dessers haven't taken attention away from him. Unless he seriously ups his game he's going to become a target for the support now that we have options in midfield and the likes of Lammers is away. 

Tbh, I haven't really taken to him and he has no one to blame but himself if the fans do start giving him grief. Everyone knows that young players coming here will want to move onto the EPL, but talking about wanting to play for Chelsea when you haven't even kicked a ball for us is just fucking daft.

25 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Think his "injuries" have totally hampered him. Looks unfit and uninterested, which is a pity as he has shown in glimpses that he could do good. A right back is doing far better than him, needs to buck up his ideas or he will be one of the first out the door in the summer. Can't afford to carry players in our squad.

This isn’t in defence of Raskin as I agree with the criticism, but is it not about time we put to bed this right back patter?

It may not have been centre mid but he came in the door as a player who could play multiple positions.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Comments about Raskin being a ‘very poor footballer’ etc. are a bit wild.

He has underwhelmed but there’s a player there.

I remember when he first came in he was like a wee terrier in the middle of the park, breaking up play and then always getting his head up, looking to move the ball forward as his first option. I was genuinely quite excited, but his overall contribution at Rangers has been terrible. He's got no chance of a move to the EPL as things stand.

Plays in spells only, one paced during these spells with no real impact on our play.

So he is a player that looks average during our most dominant games. Then can look half decent when we are off it.

Again never really impacts either way.

Long way to go in terms of us and any future ambition.

22 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I remember when he first came in he was like a wee terrier in the middle of the park, breaking up play and then always getting his head up, looking to move the ball forward as his first option. I was genuinely quite excited, but his overall contribution at Rangers has been terrible. He's got no chance of a move to the EPL as things stand.

Agree with all of that.

I think it’s more form than his level but he has much to do to get back to anywhere near being a first choice pick.

Post his injury he’s reverted to taking the easy option. Usual back to goal, sideways pass. Sure doesn’t give the ball away much but doesn’t impact the game positively for us.

Lundstrum has been the opposite of late. He’s been brave, taking the ball on the turn and tries to play forward. Even if that risks losing the ball.

We need more Lundstrum and less of the Jack/Raskin safe stuff. Not saying Raskin can’t do it as he showed quality when he first arrived