***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Agree with the second part of the last sentence but fuck me, the league was gone when Clement came in. The fact it’ll go down to the wire is absolutely mental considering where we were 5 months ago. He won’t struggle to recover from it ffs

One thing that Clement can't legislate for is massive fuck ups from experienced players and the fact we are without doubt refereed to a different standard to the beasts. I go back and forward in my head about the latter part mainly (through disbelief more that anything) but today alongside the recent ref and VAR decisions around 'pens' against Killie and St J, the beast game have sharpened my focus. They all stink. Theres no way we're getting a fair crack of the whip.

Clement has worked wonders to get us where we are IMO. If we don't win the league this season I'm confident we will next.

1 minute ago, fourfourtwo said:

Disappointed we lost,,but i think the scum will drop more points than us.

They cunts just got a massive shot in the arm today.this title will be decided with the results of the 2 old firms.

22 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Just fuck off with that.

Clement has had ONE fucking window, the signings that were made have helped (can’t be helped that Cortes picks up a bad injury).

He has a lot of issues to sort out but don’t think the reason it hasn’t happened is because he isn’t aware of the issues.

You wouldn't tell me to fuck off to my face you little weasel

15 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The worst thing about that is 2-1 probably flatters us. They’ve hit the bar, Bair has ignored an easy square ball on 2/3 breaks they’ve had and we’ve actually conceded 2 while the only goal we scored was a penalty 

Screenshot_20240302_165750_bet365.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

We could be doing with more crosses into the box for a start.

Goldson and Souttar had great chances with crosses into the box... both of them couldn't get the ball between the sticks never mind making the keeper make a save.

And don't start me with Dessers, when a ball is put on his head...

Just now, fourfourtwo said:

Disappointed we lost,,but i think the scum will drop more points than us.

The biggest worry for me is it's our frontline that's decimated. Against the shite in this league you could get away with injuries at the back because we dominate pretty much every match. You need the quality in the forward areas to break through most teams being defensive. Our defence gives soft goal after soft goal away anyway so wouldn't be a massive difference.

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The tarriers didn't allow them to do it in the 2nd half last week. 

Rodgers made changes and they rightfully found a way through motherwell's game plan. We couldn't. 

They started playing it around and through their back line till they got the gaps and spaces. We lumped balls in and tried to force balls through bodies. 
A day when our attack and defence where having a competition to see which one could be the most shambolic 

From the best performance of the season to one on a with the aberdeen debacle under beale. Injuries are hammering us but its the lack of a quality centre half thats really fuckin us. The signs were there on wednesday with the chances we gave up and it came home to roost today. Whatever way this league finishes clement will know that at least one competent centre half is the priority in the summer.

Just now, Carnbroe Bear said:

Goldson and Souttar had great chances with crosses into the box... both of them couldn't get the ball between the sticks never mind making the keeper make a save.

And don't start me with Dessers, when a ball is put on his head...

We just love making a keeper look good, same against Ross County, the amount of times we fire a ball straight at a keeper is incredible, that's when we manage to get it on target.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

They won't , we had the chance to stamp our foot on their throats today and failed,  again. 

Don't trust this team to beat them at Ibrox either.

Today has fucking scunnered me. We NEVER take advantage it's a joke

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

For one we don't go 2 defensive mids at home to Motherwell, negative right from the off

McAusland, who has struggled in his actual positive getting put on the left & a defender at right wing...the whole setup today was wrong 

He's going to have to find something, either stick 2 up top & overload the midfield or find a big 6ft5 bastard in the u20s to get his head on our shitty crosses

Yeh I wouldn’t have had McCausland near the team. But even when we changed it we were still pretty pish.

He’ll have to find something but going two up top and packing the midfield isn’t going to get any better service.

It’s depressing as fuck. We need to squeeze out results until we get Matondo, Cantwell, Sima etc back.

2 minutes ago, NehruTheDamaja said:

It would have been miraculous to drop no more points this season. It’s fine. Even if the unwashed go top tomorrow (and chances are that they will), it’ll only be by one point.

Shouldn’t be dropping points at home to that pish though. We’ve handed celtic the initiative and if they take three points tomorrow we are right on the back foot. 
All that and the fact most of the players we have who can give us something different are out long term. 
A lot harder games than today coming up 

6 minutes ago, NehruTheDamaja said:

It would have been miraculous to drop no more points this season. It’s fine. Even if the unwashed go top tomorrow (and chances are that they will), it’ll only be by one point.

The manager and players all spoke about how big the results were last week and midweek.

Today they turned up with their slippers on thinking they’d done the hard work.

Just now, psb07158 said:

People can talk about Goldson and Souttar’s chances at the end all they want btw but that Silva miss, Diomande miss and Dessers multiple times in behind were the real criminal misses. Silva’s in particular was a fucking shocker. 

Zero ruthlessness up top.

Need someone you can rely on to score every week to win leagues. They have that Japanese boy and we have Dessers and Silva who are rank in the final third.