*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

Celtic make police complaint over missile throwing

Celtic assistant manager John Kennedy (left) and other staff appeared to be targeted during the match at Ibrox

Celtic are to speak to Police Scotland after missiles appeared to be thrown at staff during Sunday's game against Rangers.

TV pictures showed assistant manager John Kennedy reacting after coins and other objects landed in the dugout area.

The incident came during a dramatic match in which Rangers scored in stoppage time to secure a 3-3 draw.

Celtic said it was "totally unacceptable that our staff have once again been targeted in this way".

A club spokesperson added: "We will be raising our serious concerns with Rangers and we understand that the matter is currently being investigated by Police Scotland."

Police officers spoke to Celtic staff after coins looked to be thrown from a section of the Ibrox crowd behind the technical area.

Rangers earn late draw in six-goal Old Firm classic

Ibrox violence unacceptable, says police chief

There has been a series of incidents of missile-throwing during recent clashes between the Glasgow sides.

In April 2022, a Celtic physiotherapist was hit on the head by a glass bottle and glass was removed from the Celtic penalty area during a match at Rangers' home ground.

The following month, Rangers said its supporters had been left "unprotected" and that elderly and disabled fans had been injured by bottles and other missiles thrown at Celtic Park.

At the time, Celtic said its supporters and stewards were also hit by debris, including seats ripped from the stands.

A Rangers spokesperson confirmed the club were assisting Police Scotland with their inquiries into the latest incident.

Police Scotland said: "We are aware of an object being thrown at Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow, during the Rangers v Celtic match on Sunday.

"One man was struck but did not require treatment and inquiries are ongoing."

26 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

With you on that however the luck we’ve had with injuries this season I reckon we’re gonna have to improvise right to the end.  

Aye no doubt one or two will get injured before the end:lol:

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Celtic make police complaint over missile throwing

Celtic assistant manager John Kennedy (left) and other staff appeared to be targeted during the match at Ibrox

Celtic are to speak to Police Scotland after missiles appeared to be thrown at staff during Sunday's game against Rangers.

TV pictures showed assistant manager John Kennedy reacting after coins and other objects landed in the dugout area.

The incident came during a dramatic match in which Rangers scored in stoppage time to secure a 3-3 draw.

Celtic said it was "totally unacceptable that our staff have once again been targeted in this way".

A club spokesperson added: "We will be raising our serious concerns with Rangers and we understand that the matter is currently being investigated by Police Scotland."

Police officers spoke to Celtic staff after coins looked to be thrown from a section of the Ibrox crowd behind the technical area.

There has been a series of incidents of missile-throwing during recent clashes between the Glasgow sides.

In April 2022, a Celtic physiotherapist was hit on the head by a glass bottle and glass was removed from the Celtic penalty area during a match at Rangers' home ground.

The following month, Rangers said its supporters had been left "unprotected" and that elderly and disabled fans had been injured by bottles and other missiles thrown at Celtic Park.

At the time, Celtic said its supporters and stewards were also hit by debris, including seats ripped from the stands.

A Rangers spokesperson confirmed the club were assisting Police Scotland with their inquiries into the latest incident.

Police Scotland said: "We are aware of an object being thrown at Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow, during the Rangers v Celtic match on Sunday.

They missed the bottle of Buckie thrown at the thing that scored the penalty for them😀

37 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Up until a few weeks back I was working in a bookies and had sky sports news on and ref watch was on. It was about their game at Tynecastle and Dermott Gallagher had said that Hearts' penalty was a penalty and a tim in the place called him a H** and a orange bastard so I think he's already on the list. :lol:

He's an ork fan isn't he?

4 hours ago, HG5 said:

And hopefully, that second half showing should help both supporters and players realise that we DO have the resource to get out of a tight spot, and calm the ‘bottle’ chat when it happens again.

:thumbup:

The Manager ... in his reaction interview after the game ... just about said the same thing mate ..... and would hope the support would pick up on this like they did in the second half and continue to back the team and realise that these players actually do have the power to fight to the very last second ... which they did do to their credit.

Personally I feel like we lost a bit of our momentum yesterday rather than kept our challenge alive ... but acknowledge that statistics will hopefully prove me wrong and after our games against Dundee and RossCounty we will sit top of the league and be on the forward foot again going into the split.

Win ... Lose ... or Draw  .... We Will Follow On ... it's what we always do mate.

🇬🇧

1 hour ago, RealWorldRich said:

I was gutted that got chopped, it was like the Edu goal.

You can see all of their players immediately throw their arms up and turn to Beaton. He was right on top of that incident in midfield and didn’t call it then, but only after the goal and their whinging does he decide to chalk off the goal. Complete bs but the usual pressure on refs to get things their way. Detest that rancid club. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:thumbup:

The Manager ... in his reaction interview after the game ... just about said the same thing mate ..... and would hope the support would pick up on this like they did in the second half and continue to back the team and realise that these players actually do have the power to fight to the very last second ... which they did do to their credit.

Personally I feel like we lost a bit of our momentum yesterday rather than kept our challenge alive ... but acknowledge that statistics will hopefully prove me wrong and after our games against Dundee and RossCounty we will sit top of the league and be on the forward foot again going into the split.

Win ... Lose ... or Draw  .... We Will Follow On ... it's what we always do mate.

🇬🇧

Exactly mate!

First things first, but I hope they remember that last 45 when the next game v them comes around!

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

55 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

celtic make police complaint over missile throwing

celtic assistant manager John Kennedy (left) and other staff appeared to be targeted during the match at Ibrox

celtic are to speak to Police Scotland after missiles appeared to be thrown at staff during Sunday's game against Rangers.

celtic said it was "totally unacceptable that our staff have once again been targeted in this way".

Police officers spoke to celtic staff after coins looked to be thrown from a section of the Ibrox crowd behind the technical area.

In April 2022, a celtic physiotherapist was hit on the head by a glass bottle and glass was removed from the celtic penalty area during a match at Rangers' home ground.

The following month, Rangers said its supporters had been left "unprotected" and that elderly and disabled fans had been injured by bottles and other missiles thrown at celtic Park.

At the time, celtic said its supporters and stewards were also hit by debris, including seats ripped from the stands.

Police Scotland said: "We are aware of an object being thrown at Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow, during the Rangers v celtic match on Sunday.

Strange the media are all over this but very little said about the Hobos fans chucking a blade at Shankland?  Have to say though, I cannot understand why anyone would throw anything onto a football pitch.  What are you going to gain from that?  If you hit an opposing player/staff then its all bad press for the club and supporters and even if you don't the media will ramp up the rhetoric as its the Old Firm.  Seriously, just don't do it and I'm sure you'll feel better for it.

2 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

First half was fuckin dreadful. Tav was getting roasted in the first half by that fucker because of his pace. We should have been aware of this and had someone with pace to help Tav when needed. 

I think the theory might have been that Wright would help.  Fuck knows why, he's dreadful. 

5 hours ago, RFC55 said:

I’m an idiot that much is a given but why is peoples comfort blanket and default position that it’s do with “bottle” and we “melt” etc?

People talk about bottle, the leagues basically gone at half time and we have a two goal deficit to turn around. We ended up not losing yesterday and the dessers goal by the letter of the law should stand. Teams who lack bottle or melt don’t come back from 2 goals down then concede a goal to go 3 2 down with about 2 minutes to go and still don’t lose.

i think it’s peoples way of coping is just shout bottles gone. We’ve lost 1 game domestically since December. Yesterday probably goes against those who are claiming it’s a bottle issue.

as I say I’m an idiot so maybe I just don’t see it and it’s staring me in the face 

For me it’s because bar the 55 season, since Gerrard came in we consistently fail to beat them when there’s real top tier pressure on (e.g. a trophy on the line) and the one that consistently contributes to that is Tav (and to a lesser degree Goldson).

He contributes hugely to the success of the team, and showed big balls to convert that pen to start the comeback, but he absolutely shat the bed at the start of the game yesterday. As he did at Ibrox under Beale in very similar circumstances in the 2-2, and as he has done more times that I care to count.

Might not be ‘bottle’, but however you want to describe it it’s him making an arse of it when there’s significant pressure on. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

For me it’s because bar the 55 season, since Gerrard came in we consistently fail to beat them when there’s real top tier pressure on (e.g. a trophy on the line) and the one that consistently contributes to that is Tav (and to a lesser degree Goldson).

He contributes hugely to the success of the team, and showed big balls to convert that pen to start the comeback, but he absolutely shat the bed at the start of the game yesterday. As he did at Ibrox under Beale in very similar circumstances in the 2-2, and as he has done more times that I care to count.

Might not be ‘bottle’, but however you want to describe it it’s him making an arse of it when there’s significant pressure on. 

He didn’t shite it, he had an absolute brain fart