Glass half full or half empty?

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

How’s that relevant to what he’s said there?

They leave far unhappier than us :lol: Aye I’d be well raging after scoring 22 seconds in and getting a draw with no away fans and captain out, really unhappy I’d be…

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

They leave far unhappier than us :lol: Aye I’d be well raging after scoring 22 seconds in and getting a draw with no away fans and captain out, really unhappy I’d be…

I’d be fucking furious if we chucked a 2-0 lead and then again chucked going ahead with 8 mins to go 

You’d be happy in that scenario? Bizarre take 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I’d be fucking furious if we chucked a 2-0 lead and then again chucked going ahead with 8 mins to go 

You’d be happy in that scenario? Bizarre take 

You’d be furious drawing your last away OF with no fans and no captain, knowing the team you play in the next OF have won 1 in 10 against you and not beat you at your ground since 2019, essentially making you favourites for the title? 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

You’d be furious drawing your last away OF with no fans and no captain, knowing the team you play in the next OF have won 1 in 10 against you and not beat you at your ground since 2019, essentially making you favourites for the title? 

No I’ll be delighted if we draw our last old firm, it’ll mean we have won the league but that’s not what a draw did for them yesterday

How can they be favourites for the title when it’s us that’ll go top if we win on Wednesday and we can afford to just get a draw at their place to win it :lol:

Of the ones I know through work none of them are in any way happy with that result yesterday. 

Not the result anyone wanted going into that game yesterday but sitting there at half time I’d have taken your hand off to be offered a draw 

Before the match I said it's them that needed the points, we could be fine with a draw.  I could have lived without thrashing my nerves through a combine harvester, right enough, but it's more problematic for them than us.

On the glass front, I think I want it filled to the brim all the same, thanks. 

Mixed emotions. Their first goal was ridiculous. This lot will struggle at celtic Park. Dundee game will put us ahead but we needed this win at Ibrox to give another three points. It’s not impossible and we could have been totally done but we came back and came back again.  I said celtic would drop points and that’s still quite likely as well.  I can see Aberdeen giving a performance. It’s fairly open and we can possibly see some of the injuries coming back. Overall it’s got to be seen as all in our hands. Game against Dundee is all we should be thinking about for now. 

A good result considering circumstances on the day. 

But the big picture is we still can’t beat them even with everything in our favour. The mental block we have when playing them remains. Almost three years since we’ve beat them in a meaningful league game.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

But the big picture is we still can’t beat them even with everything in our favour. The mental block we have when playing them remains. Almost three years since we’ve beat them in a meaningful league game.

1 point out of 9 this season just doesn't cut it simple as that 

Was disappointed yesterday with the first half but happy the way we came back.

Enjoying their seethe now actually at a stonewall penalty and hearing them trip up over themselves over Beaton.

Against Hearts it was his fault cos he was Var and nothing to do with Don Robertson the onfield ref but suddenly yesterday it was nothing to do with var it was all Beaton the ref on the park!

We are in a strong position let’s not forget that.

Our form hasn’t been great recently but Sima and Matondo look like huge positives for the run in.

Metaphorically half full but actually empty. I had the last dram of Macallan 12 year old from my new year bottle.

A superb recovery from two nil down. We lost goals too easily however young Rabbi beat 7 players and a goalie to score a superb goal from the training ground so I'm pretty happy.

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

1 point out of 9 this season just doesn't cut it simple as that 

Coming from 2 down then behind again and coming back but feel deflated with yesterday. We made it incredibly easy for them in that first half again and they still look the better team. They’ll probably win at home - we’ll obviously make at least one defensive mistake again - and for me yesterday was our chance. Think we’ve fucked it. 1 point scraped from two Ibrox games against them isn’t good enough 

Hope to fuck I’m wrong 

19 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Don't think it was in our favour at all. Our starting line up was terrible because of injuries. We had our best midfielder playing at left back.

On another day we set up with Sima, Cantwell, Yilmaz and Matondo instead of Wright, Lawrence, Diomande and Silva which is a far more settled and balanced team.

We also conceded a freak goal within 2 minutes...hardly in our favour.

To still have the chance to go 2 clear with the same games played given our horrendous time with injuries is huge. We both will drop more points, won't come down to that game at the dump.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Don't think it was in our favour at all. Our starting line up was terrible because of injuries. We had our best midfielder playing at left back.

On another day we set up with Sima, Cantwell, Yilmaz and Matondo instead of Wright, Lawrence, Diomande and Silva which is a far more settled and balanced team.

To still have the chance to go 2 clear with the same games played given our horrendous time with injuries is huge. We both will drop more points, won't come down to that game at the dump.

I mean more, to be 2-0 down at half time and come away with a draw is a good result.

We loose yesterday league was over IMO.

Glass half full - done really well to get a point, scored some good goals (even the Dessers one which is chopped off not by his fault), showed spirit, stops them creating a gap and we go back top if we win the next game

Glass half empty - a win gives us the cushion to go and win the title, shocking displays from the usual suspects, failing to beat celtic again. 

19 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Don’t think they’ll drop anything. We have to look after ourselves but if we can go there with a fully fit Sima and Sterling in midfield I’d be more confident 

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Don’t think they’ll drop anything. We have to look after ourselves but if we can go there with a fully fit Sima and Sterling in midfield I’d be more confident 

They have dropped points against Hearts, Killie and more. They are terrible at the back just like we are. We scored 4 goals in 45 minutes against them...

I'd say I'm half full today but still disappointed.

The league is ours to lose. It's mental gymnastics from that lot to say the league is theirs to lose. We have the potential for more points than they do.

The first half gives no confidence that we can go to the midden and get any sort of result but the second half does. As @The Godfather says above, and I hadn't really thought about it, we scored 4 goals in one half yesterday.

It's definitely going to be a bumpy ride to the end.

They've got the better run in fixtures including the OF game at Parkheid.  I don't think they'll drop any points in their other games.

We most likely have 5 aways from our last 7 league games which is tough.  We simply need to go 2 points ahead on Wednesday to keep pressure on them.

Imo it'll come down to us getting something out of Parkheid. 

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We have Dundee and Ross County, and they have St Mirren who have fuck all to play for. Both teams should be getting maximum points. Next game will be 1st or 2nd game post split

Rugby Park could and I mean could potentially be trouble for them though.

29 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Rugby Park could and I mean could potentially be trouble for them though.

Kilmarnock are pushing for Europe and caused both of us bother this season, the other weird team in the split could be Motherwell if they can snatch 6th next weekend from Dundee and Hibs, they are dangerous to both of us as they will have fuck all to play for other than taking points to fuck up a title challenge.