Post Split Fixtures

36 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Also nothings really changed, we were never going to get away with going to their midden and playing for a draw.

We always had to win the last 6 games so nothings changed.

Cant say I agree with the "nothings changed" theory mate.

However also disagree with the they are miles ahead of us chat.

Am I confident we can win at parkhead? No? Can we get a draw? More likely.

Its the other games that worry me after sunday. 

Just have to hope at the least we win our games and worst case scenario draw at their ground.

2nd last game we play Dundee at ibrox the tuesd then they play killie away the next day. Pressure ground they have struggled at.

Got to keep the faith and hope for luck to be with us.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Wait you think they are much better than us?

They have a weak back line (so do we) but any of their midfield 3 (the place where derby games are usually won and lost) would walk into our starting lineup and they have a striker that can feed off half chances when ours can’t score an open goal 

Mentally they are vastly superior and that’s the main difference, they might not be ‘much’ better than us ability wise but they destroy us in this department. Every one of their players hates us and they show it, in our whole squad who could you confidently say hates them and has ever actually shown that? Balogun and Cantwell is about all I can come up with. They’ll already be relishing doing us in a title decider in front of 60,000 of their fans, Goldson and Tav are probably already having nightmares about wee Japanese guys ripping the absolute piss out of them and rehearsing their ‘yeah obviously disappointed’ speeches 

Even at that it’s wishful thinking if you’re sure that these players won’t chuck it before we get to their midden so that the title isn’t on the line in that game never mind thinking we’ll get to that point, go into that pressured environment and actually win 

We need to do something different, maybe get a sports psychologist to convince them the scum aren’t Real Madrid or fuck maybe we should get a hypnotist to convince them the team in green and white is actually Hibs 

I’ll still watch every game in the hope that we finally at long last pull something off and best them but my expectations are absolutely zero for this team. People can say what I’ve said here is defeatist but it’s just realism. Massive respect to those trying to put a positive spin on things because you’ve more patience than I do  but I’m absolutely done with this team and done expecting them to do anything other than fail after their displays in the last 2 weeks

1 hour ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Also nothings really changed, we were never going to get away with going to their midden and playing for a draw.

We always had to win the last 6 games so nothings changed.

Nothings changed other than it going from us having the advantage and being favourites to the scum having the advantage and being favourites.

2 hours ago, watty. said:

You're on the spirits if you think we're winning 6 on the trot.

We won 9 on the trot in the league from the turn of the year.  Even if we were to draw against celtic it's entirely possible we could win the league by winning all the other games, they would only have to slip up once which seems entirely plausible vs Killie or Hearts.

9 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Even had we beaten county and beat dundee tomorrow night, given our howling record at the piggery id still not have us as favourites 

Far cry from pre admin when you thought "walters team will scud every cunt at this stage of the season" hell even helicopter sunday season, when we won at Pittodrie the day after hibs done them at the piggery, you had the thought "we can fucking do this" 

With this lot though, even if we came out the game at the piggery top of the league, id still have a dark thought that we'll somehow shit the bed

Me neither but bookies had us favourites.

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nothings changed other than it going from us having the advantage and being favourites to the scum having the advantage and being favourites.

Might aswell just surrender and give them the title just now then eh?

41 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

We won 9 on the trot in the league from the turn of the year.  Even if we were to draw against celtic it's entirely possible we could win the league by winning all the other games, they would only have to slip up once which seems entirely plausible vs Killie or Hearts.

Righto 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There's a huge difference between needing a win than a draw at a venue we have a horrendous record at. 

They have destroyed us on the transition when we attack them, it plays into their hands knowing we need to go for a victory.

A draw was always going to be a tough ask for us, nevermind a win.

To say nothing has changed, is factually incorrect.

Our three goals were scored against them when we started attacking and they sat back. They’re rotten at the back if you go at them - we’ve proved it as have others this season. 

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Our three goals were scored against them when we started attacking and they sat back. They’re rotten at the back if you go at them - we’ve proved it as have others this season. 

And yet you just know regardless of the situation we’ll sit off them in the next game 

5 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

I could be way off and if we don't beat Dundee ill join the misery but I didn't really fancy us defending a 2 point lead going to parkhead I fancy us more in this situation celtic will try to blow us away at start but if(big if) we don't concede they are in an awkward position in the game

I agree with this. atm if we both win our games before the OF somehow I prefer the fact the team knows we need to win. I’d hate to watch us draw a game for 88 mins or so and lose it late if a draw was all we needed. Teams who beat celtic attack them. 

6 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

I agree with this. atm if we both win our games before the OF somehow I prefer the fact the team knows we need to win. I’d hate to watch us draw a game for 88 mins or so and lose it late if a draw was all we needed. Teams who beat celtic attack them. 

That's actually a fair point. Trying to look for positives and the last 2 games against the scum have proven that we seem to do better and in turn they seem to do worse when it's us who need to score. While a draw definitely suited them better than us I would have been raging if it was us who failed to pick up all three points from the positions they were in during the game. 2-0 at half time then 3-2 up with only minutes of the game left. And people talk say they have a strong mentality?! It was a similar story in the game we lost in terms of how the game panned out. Even with us being down to 10 men the scum were panicking and were lucky to escape with the 3 points. Their mentality is completely overrated.

Like I said still trying to stay positive. Pick up maximum points over the next 3 games and see where we are after the scum game. 

In isolation the result at the weekend hasn’t really changed what I believed we needed to do. A win with that level performance against relegation fodder would have raised just as many question about the teams desire to win the title.

Prior to dropping points to County I was of the belief that if we want to win the league… then we needed to go to celtic Park and win. That’s still the case now, we just have to do it without our safety net.

Our players going into that game against the mhanks thinking a draw was good enough wasn’t something I was overly comfortable with… the temptation to set up to avoid defeat being forcefully removed might be a good thing. 

Regardless there’s 4 massive cup finals to be played prior to that match starting with Dundee tonight. Mon Rangers, time to wake the fuck up.

13 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Cant say I agree with the "nothings changed" theory mate.

However also disagree with the they are miles ahead of us chat.

Am I confident we can win at parkhead? No? Can we get a draw? More likely.

Its the other games that worry me after sunday. 

Just have to hope at the least we win our games and worst case scenario draw at their ground.

2nd last game we play Dundee at ibrox the tuesd then they play killie away the next day. Pressure ground they have struggled at.

Got to keep the faith and hope for luck to be with us.

If we win all games up to the piggery, I think we’ll beat them and they’ll lose at Kilmarnock to seal us the league.