Done with the same old faces

the players seemed to only like jogging around the park tonight now they can jog on to some other club where mediocrity is acceptable.

As a true legend of the club once said “Do not enter unless you are ready to put yourself second – and that should be the one and only time second is good enough for you”

By fuck we are missing leaders of men at the club on and off the park and it makes me sick to the core.

The manager isn’t throwing the players under the bus as he has no one else to play until season end as I doubt he drops goldson for king, Tav for McKinnon, Fraser at left back, lundstram for rice alongside Sterling then play Lovelace and ishaka up top with sima and McAusland wide but honestly I wouldn’t mind if he did that even if we dropped further points. As long as those on the park give everything they have no some half arsed attempt as if they are superstars who don’t need to break a sweat.

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Just can’t fathom how they don’t have any professional pride or determination to prove anyone wrong. Just happy to accept people calling them losers and scum laughing at them 

The final whistle goes and they go home and don’t give a shit. They may say in interviews they’re hurting but they are just soundbites.

I guess it’s one reason we yearn for youth players to come through the ranks that support the club because they truly get it. Our values are being eroded by these fucking charlatans and they need to be removed this summer.

29 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Just can’t fathom how they don’t have any professional pride or determination to prove anyone wrong. Just happy to accept people calling them losers and scum laughing at them 

30k a week for the majority probably helps.

23 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The final whistle goes and they go home and don’t give a shit. They may say in interviews they’re hurting but they are just soundbites.

I guess it’s one reason we yearn for youth players to come through the ranks that support the club because they truly get it. Our values are being eroded by these fucking charlatans and they need to be removed this summer.

Send Tav out for the usual "disappointed ya'know" 😴

Just now, RFC55 said:

Swap Him For Devine mate 

That's as mental as the folk saying move him into midfield and play Sterling 😂 

I'm sure you're joking though. My point is, it's the same old script, same old reactions, and nothing ever changes.

Sure, we'll never see the likes of an attacking RB again at Rangers in our lifetimes,  but I'd swap all his goals for trophies.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

That's as mental as the folk saying move him into midfield and play Sterling 😂 

I'm sure you're joking though. My point is, it's the same old script, same old reactions, and nothing ever changes.

Sure, we'll never see the likes of an attacking RB again at Rangers in our lifetimes,  but I'd swap all his goals for trophies.

Tav is weak defensively but he’s involved in 1/4 of our goals in his time here:

Our rb is not our weak point there about 7 others that are 

Just now, RFC55 said:

Tav is weak defensively but he’s involved in 1/4 of our goals in his time here:

Our rb is not our weak point there about 7 others that are 

Whole defence is a weak point, we've known that for years, since we've had it for years. Tavernier is also on the decline, crossing, losing the ball, corners, free kicks even tonight, all utterly honking. 

Him, Goldson, Lundstram, Barisic, Ryan Jack, Kemar Roofe, Scott Wright ideally have reached the end of their cycle with Rangers.

Along with Lawrence, Cantwell, Dessers, Souttar we could improve upon easily too, Danilo, he's not exactly the answer up top either. I'd ship out McCausland I don't think he's good enough, Matondo meh sometimes he pulls off brilliance, but again easily replaceable.

If our scouting is done correctly and competent midfielders and attackers recruited, we won't miss James Tavernier's contribution.

Time to let it go. 

Done to death, same results, minimal success.

6 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Although I agree to a certain extent and some of our signings have been questionable even when we where in talks with them eyebrows where raised but I think the issue lies deeper here.

I genuinely believe the mindset in our playing squad right now can be so weak when facing adversity that it has an affect on other members of the playing squad and that goes for new signings also. New signings are coming in and being around that pish attitude and performances and joining in.

If any of us go to a new job and we are put in next to guys or girls with stinking attitudes and lack luster performances it's only a matter of time before we start dipping due to frustrations

The mentality of these signings and where we are signing them from is hand in hand for me, that list of players there is not a winner amongst them biggest honour you could say they have challenged for before joining us is the English Championship or play off final and it's pretty much the rule that you're never going to win every game and defeats aren't a big deal. When we know the mentality needed to play and succeed at Rangers that one defeat domestically is a disaster no matter when it occurs.

As many have said a refresh is needed starting with the captain he either needs punted or stripped of the captaincy and someone with the balls and determination to push this team over the line when the going gets tough put in his place. 

6 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I've only ever heard venom like that from the stands at full time once and that was Progres away.

Tonight was the end of a good few Rangers players careers.

Sad way to end it for them, they’ll never be in a better place. 

23 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Clement absolutely has to get them all to fuck because he wont see the winter window if he sticks with them.

The players don't have the mentality for it and they're again making a manager look like a idiot

Its down to the board not Clement

If we don't have a pot to piss in we won't do a squad overhaul

6 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Just can’t fathom how they don’t have any professional pride or determination to prove anyone wrong. Just 

I said it earlier, but its nothing to do with pride or anything like that. This is the best these players can give us. It's literally the best they've given us domestically, outwith one freak season. This is who they are. We're expecting something from them that they can't deliver. Asking them to win consistently is like asking the average man in the street to beat Usain Bolt's records. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Tav and Goldson will be here, though I dont think Goldson will want to be. I'm hopeful that we see sense with Lundstram.

Keeping these same old faces now feels like owning an old dog with health issues that can barely move and you’re questioning yourself whether to get it put down or not. You give them the benefit of the doubt for a while, but eventually the penny drops and you say, “Ok, it’s time”.

That’s my feelings towards the likes of Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Roofe, Jack, Davies, Wright etc. Thanks for the (few) memories lads, but time to go.

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not about money alone.

By lunchtime, I could pick you a team from “average SPFL players” that we could pick up for buttons and who would walk all over our usual suspects.

The effort shown by our opponents in the last 2 games says it all for me.

What sums like likes of Tav up is when we won the league cup, the talk from them about now having the treble of medals. While that lot have actually went and coasted real trebles year after year at the same time. Losers. 

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Not about money alone.

By lunchtime, I could pick you a team from “average SPFL players” that we could pick up for buttons and who would walk all over our usual suspects.

The effort shown by our opponents in the last 2 games says it all for me.

These players at this end of the season aye but the same players were scudding them months previous. 

A team full of spl jobbers is hardly what we need. Squads stagnated for years and full of guys who don't have the mentality for winning games every single week. 

We need millions upon millions or stay second best for many years to come. Its absolutely down to the board now

Some 15 years ago Rangers players had a fire in them as well as football quality. Imagine an OF and a brawl appearing... Ferguson, Weir, Thomson, Novo, Hutton, McCulloch, Bougherra were the first to jump in and defend their teammates. Recent times it was Arfield and Jack who had the balls. Now it seems that even our captain doesnt have it in him. Not only that, he goes publicly to say that when SPL dross puts his team under pressure, they cannot cope with it. Shambles.

GK - Butland is fine. Keep

RB - Tav 100% won't be going anywhere whether we like it or not. Scores goals and drags us through games at times but needs better players in front of him. Keep.

CB - Goldson. Times up. He's good when he wants to be but a fragile mentality in the face of pressure. Get rid.

CB - Souttar is good enough IMO. Play him on the right side and sign a left sided player to accompany. Keep.

LB - Ridvan. Has come onto a game. Far more positive than Barisic. Fitness issues though. Always seems to get injured. Would sign a solid cover for LB. Keep.

CM - Lundstram. Flashes of being good in between long spells of being absolutely bang average. Moves around with zero urgency and plays like he's dragging a ball and chain behind him. Get rid.

CM - Diomande. Already good enough for us with a high ceiling. Keep.

CAM - Cantwell. Great player, but needs better around him. Keep.

LW - Silva. Blows hot and cold. Will never be good enough for us to justify what Wolves would want. Get rid.

ST - Dessers. Less said the better. Get rid.

RW - Sima. Keep if possible.

Others who should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity: Barisic, Jack, Dowell, Roofe, Matondo, Davies, Lawrence.

22 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

GK - Butland is fine. Keep

RB - Tav 100% won't be going anywhere whether we like it or not. Scores goals and drags us through games at times but needs better players in front of him. Keep.

CB - Goldson. Times up. He's good when he wants to be but a fragile mentality in the face of pressure. Get rid.

CB - Souttar is good enough IMO. Play him on the right side and sign a left sided player to accompany. Keep.

LB - Ridvan. Has come onto a game. Far more positive than Barisic. Fitness issues though. Always seems to get injured. Would sign a solid cover for LB. Keep.

CM - Lundstram. Flashes of being good in between long spells of being absolutely bang average. Moves around with zero urgency and plays like he's dragging a ball and chain behind him. Get rid.

CM - Diomande. Already good enough for us with a high ceiling. Keep.

CAM - Cantwell. Great player, but needs better around him. Keep.

LW - Silva. Blows hot and cold. Will never be good enough for us to justify what Wolves would want. Get rid.

ST - Dessers. Less said the better. Get rid.

RW - Sima. Keep if possible.

Others who should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity: Barisic, Jack, Dowell, Roofe, Matondo, Davies, Lawrence.

Thinks that’s a pretty fair assessment. Clement and the board have to be bold in the summer. He strikes me as someone who will be. We may not bring in better. Who knows but we cannot start next season with some of these charlatans who have continually let the club down when needed. Doing the same thing on repeat and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. That is the story of our recent seasons.