*****Official Rangers vs Hearts Scottish Cup semi final thread*****

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Might get some goals from set pieces today.

Not like we haven’t found the man in recent weeks - just one particular man has completely lost his mojo in these situations.

And hopefully stop conceding any.

Balogun way more aggressive and on the front foot.

Wee need to sort this defence in the summer 

Not a fan of a sea change like dripping Goldson for a semi final.  Granted he's been poor this season but 1. there's players I'd drop ahead of him (Tav for one is much more of a defensive liability) & 2. Goldson didn't do much wrong in his last game where we kept a clean sheet.  

I don't really like how Clement seems to randomly pick out players to bench, first it was Cantwell, last week it was Dessers now it seems to be Goldson?  

Anyway, I expect a big performance today, we've got a big pitch and an opponent that won't park the bus, both those things should be in our favour and hopefully a good showing will bring back some much needed form to this side.

3 minutes ago, Finny said:

Put a bit of money on Dessers to have 2 shots on target in 90 minutes at even money. I know he's shite but fuck me surely he will get 2 shots on target. 

Lordy. That is embarrassing for him that even the bookies think that low of him. Pulling the piss really.

19 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Old firm touch and go Ridvan out again. Just wish to fuck the club were honest for once 

Hope to fuk we don’t get hit with the Connor has been playing with a niggle last few games & needs a rest pish !!

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Rumours at stadium that Lundstram and Tav have locked themselves in changing room and are refusing to come out until Goldson has been put back in team.

Hi mate x

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Phil had better have whipped them into shape.

See when he said in the build up video that Hearts have had a ‘better’ preparation for this game, alarm bells were sounding for me tbh.  

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I hope you are right. It's losing possession so easily that infuriates me with him.

He's a terrible footballer who struggles to do the absolute basics at the best of times. Like a poundland Theo Walcott. 

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

See when he said in the build up video that Hearts have had a ‘better’ preparation for this game, alarm bells were sounding for me tbh.  

I think hes sort of right though isnt he, certainly if preparation means recent form.

2 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Haven't heard it, but is he not just meaning they haven't had any issues with games being on/off. They haven't had to wait for pitch inspections a day before a game and knew when they can train etc

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I’m keen to see how Souttar gets on presumably back on his natural right hand side 

It will be interesting to see who plays left and right. Balogun is faster than Souttar so here's an agument for playing him on the right to use his pace when Tav is miles up field but I think you will be right and it will be Souttar on the right.

I've always found it odd that Goldson is ALWAYS on the right no matter who he partners in defence. I'm sure I heard years ago that coaches doing their badges are taught that basic tactics when you have two right footed centre halves is to play the better of the two out of position on the left allowing the weaker one to play on their more favoured side where they will be more comfortable. Goldson has allegedly been out strongest centre half for years but always gets played in his favoured side on the right 🤔

9 minutes ago, molesmole said:

And hopefully stop conceding any.

Balogun way more aggressive and on the front foot.

Wee need to sort this defence in the summer 

Indeed mate.

I’m hoping Balogun will make a difference.

As others have said, also see how Souttar gets on on his natural ‘side’.

(Assuming he’s moved across)

A much bigger rebuild job than we really need at this point.