Goal difference

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

But my point is about Dessers where he clearly had very decent opportunities to increase his tally but couldn’t. 

opportunities where it was easier to score than miss. 

You could find highlights of every striker in the world missing sitters over the course of a season even the likes of Messi.

Fuck even mccoist was bad for missing sitters, people seem to forget the Ally Ally get to fuck chants when he first came to the club.

23 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

You could find highlights of every striker in the world missing sitters over the course of a season even the likes of Messi.

Fuck even mccoist was bad for missing sitters, people seem to forget the Ally Ally get to fuck chants when he first came to the club.

We all watch EPL and even at that level, a lot of the finishing is very bad.  Every miss I see makes me think, 'what if Dessers had missed that'?

Our chance of winning the league has gone and it is simply unrealistic for any of our fans to think otherwise.  Goal difference alone will only matter if we win all 4 remaining games one of which would be at Parkhead.   The truth is we need 2 shock results to occur and that just isn't going to happen.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think the different is guys like Lawrence, Cantwell, Matondo, Roofe, Lammers, Wright, McCausland contributing fuck all.

Dessers return is absolutely fine. 

This is how I see it now aswell. Can extend it to Lundstram and Goldson aswell. For all the games those two play their goal returns are pathetic

Goldson nearly every game has a couple of headers towards goal that go nowhere near the target 

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

This is the difference between a striker taking the majority of his chances and one who fucked up at the crucial time too many times 

OR the difference is ‘having all your wingers and other attacking options injured or shit meaning  you are relying on one guy scoring all the goals (2 guys if you include Tav).’

incidentally, there isn’t a striker in the world who scores the majority of their chances.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think the different is guys like Lawrence, Cantwell, Matondo, Roofe, Lammers, Wright, McCausland contributing fuck all.

I agree with you about not enough goals from all the other players but the main issue with Dessers misses is the importance of some of them. 

25 minutes ago, beararse said:

OR the difference is ‘having all your wingers and other attacking options injured or shit meaning  you are relying on one guy scoring all the goals (2 guys if you include Tav).’

incidentally, there isn’t a striker in the world who scores the majority of their chances.

But he has had clear cut chances, chances that he has missed that have been a bit embarrassing. 
Chances that SHOULD have been put away. 

again, I’m not talking about our other poor contributors. They should be chipping in, I’m talking about Dessers contribution. 

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I agree with you about not enough goals from all the other players but the main issue with Dessers misses is the importance of some of them. 

Which ‘important’ ones has he missed?

The old Firm when he was one on one with Hart springs to mind.

What other important misses have altered results?

Dessers has scored the only goal or defining goal in 3 league games this season so is directly responsible for 3 wins.

How many dropped points is he culpable for as a result of his poor finishing? 

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

14 league goals isn’t fine Graeme, considering he should have scored some absolute stick ons to add to his tally. 

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

All his misses -  especially when we might lose this league on goal difference 

How many times have you watched a match and said “for fuck sake Dessers” - it’s those ones. 

51 minutes ago, beararse said:

The old Firm when he was one on one with Hart springs to mind.

What other important misses have altered results?

Dessers has scored the only goal or defining goal in 3 league games this season so is directly responsible for 3 wins.

How many dropped points is he culpable for as a result of his poor finishing? 

County in the first half he had an opportunity to put us 2 up but blazed it over the bar. He also had a chance with only the keeper to beat but I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt as their keeper saved that shot 

Motherwell at home which we lost he had a couple of decent chances aswell, he had one from point blank range and put it right against their defender 

Seem to remember games against the likes of Killie at home where we won despite his misses because goals came from elsewhere 

Hope some of that helps 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I said it on the other mob post yesterday.

Forrest has scored more goals in the past week (3) than Lawrence, McCausland, Wright and Roofe have this season so far.

The lack of goals from the wing and midfield kills us every season. It’s embarrassing  tbh.

That's fucking mental 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

And?

I couldn’t give a fuck.

I think you do get it tbf. Most people have pointed it out to you but Dessers missing sitters isn't the sole reason our goal difference is negative. It's probably slightly harsh to criticise the guy who has actually contributed a half decent amount of goals and not put anything on the ones who have contributed fuck all.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

All his misses -  especially when we might lose this league on goal difference 

How many times have you watched a match and said “for fuck sake Dessers” - it’s those ones. 

Quite often so i I don’t disagree with the statement on bold.

My post was in relation to another member stating the ‘importance of some’ of the ones he’s missed.
You could equally argue the importance of the ones he’s scored, without which, GD wouldn’t even be coming into it. 

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I said it on the other mob post yesterday.

Forrest has scored more goals in the past week (3) than Lawrence, McCausland, Wright and Roofe have this season so far.

The lack of goals from the wing and midfield kills us every season. It’s embarrassing  tbh.

Spot on! Our goal return from midfield has been a disgrace for years and most teams have a decent return from central defenders as well from corners.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

14 league goals isn’t fine Graeme, considering he should have scored some absolute stick ons to add to his tally. 

It’s a fine return if others do their jobs.

Cantwell and Lawrence both missed absolute sitters yesterday, and Cantwell in particular it’s just ignored. If Dessers missed those he’d be slaughtered.

It’s been a problem for years, our team outside our CF and RB contribute next to nothing in goals.

Even assists, outside of those two the most is Lundstram on 7. 

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

County in the first half he had an opportunity to put us 2 up but blazed it over the bar. He also had a chance with only the keeper to beat but I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt as their keeper saved that shot 

Motherwell at home which we lost he had a couple of decent chances aswell, he had one from point blank range and put it right against their defender 

Seem to remember games against the likes of Killie at home where we won despite his misses because goals came from elsewhere 

Hope some of that helps 

The Motherwell game where Kelly had a stormer in goals for them, Souttar completely fucked it for the first, Tav failed to clear for their 2nd, and Silva missed a gilt edged chance?
As for point blank, it ricocheted back to Dessers, who was getting back on his feet at the time and had to control and hit the ball on the turn from 1 yard out with the keeper and defender right in front of him. Hardly a glaring miss. 

So in summary, one bad miss v County, and some other chances that didn’t impact on results?