Welcome To Rangers, Connor Barron.

16 hours ago, Madina said:

Not a chance Ridvan is 5'8. I took my wee cousin to meet the players before a game last season and I was towering over Yilmaz 🤣

Are you over 5 8 tho

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

One of the few positives from pre-season so far.

He has been - but, are we a better team for it, or is it just that the quality has dropped that far that even a decent but quite limited young player looks good?

He looks tenacious and he’s keeping it neat and tidy but that’s really about it.

I like what I've seen.

His effort and application will make him a fans favourite pretty quickly. 

As things stand he's a starter, thought he tried to force things a bit too much today. We're currently relying too heavily on him as things stand.

24 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He has been - but, are we a better team for it, or is it just that the quality has dropped that far that even a decent but quite limited young player looks good?

He looks tenacious and he’s keeping it neat and tidy but that’s really about it.

We had neat and tidy without energy so yes.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

One of the few positives from pre-season so far.

The kid has no intention of being a back up, he's out to nail down a starting jersey. And on the preseason so far he's one of very few who's doing enough to do so.

I thought he was really good in patches but faded in and out of the game. Two great tackles and a few overstretched passes. Perhaps Man U caught on because Diomande faded a bit as well after a tremendous half an hour.

However, those two will be mainstays in the team and the least of our worries.

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought he was really good in patches but faded in and out of the game. Two great tackles and a few overstretched passes. Perhaps Man U caught on because Diomande faded a bit as well after a tremendous half an hour.

However, those two will be mainstays in the team and the least of our worries.

I thought him and Dio worked far better v ajax than today. Against them one went, the other covered, and vice versa and as a pairing they seemed to complement each other.

Today man utd 3rd string didn't need to try too hard and could have drove buses through our central midfield.

Actually think they're our best 2 in a 4231, just not convinced they're good enough against better savvier teams.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I thought him and Dio worked far better v ajax than today. Against them one went, the other covered, and vice versa and as a pairing they seemed to complement each other.

Today man utd 3rd string didn't need to try too hard and could have drove buses through our central midfield.

Actually think they're our best 2 in a 4231, just not convinced they're good enough against better savvier teams.

First 20 minutes Diomande was unplayable. Barron is the type of player I thought Raskin could become. I think he will be a star in the league - in the games you need to grind out. 

He's still young and learning and I'm sure he will.  Yes, he may struggle a bit in Europe.

However, I think both are great signings.

4 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I like what I've seen.

His effort and application will make him a fans favourite pretty quickly. 

As things stand he's a starter, thought he tried to force things a bit too much today. We're currently relying too heavily on him as things stand.

Adrenalin was probably pumping as it was his first Rangers game in front of a big ‘home’ crowd (57k) so I reckon he will have been (over) eager to please. 

One of the few to walk away with any credit today. I thought Yilmaz looked quite lively when he came on and Sterling was fairly solid.

The rest were utter shite.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2024 at 01:12, bluenoz said:

First 20 minutes Diomande was unplayable. Barron is the type of player I thought Raskin could become. I think he will be a star in the league - in the games you need to grind out. 

He's still young and learning and I'm sure he will.  Yes, he may struggle a bit in Europe.

However, I think both are great signings.

Didn’t see the game but going by the match thread do you mean unplayable as in shouldn’t be played?

Just makes it more frustrating we aren’t just going after some of the other best players in our league. I didn’t even think Barron was that special at Aberdeen and he’s looking our best player by a distance 

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Thought he did well. Best player we had on the park before Clement bizarrely subbed him for Dowell 

He was possibly tiring but aye that was a weird one considering Diomande was on a booking and had a couple of fouls afterwards running the risk of a second yellow. Bringing on Dowell for anybody is bizzare on its own as he's pish TBH. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

He was possibly tiring but aye that was a weird one considering Diomande was on a booking and had a couple of fouls afterwards running the risk of a second yellow. Bringing on Dowell for anybody is bizzare on its own as he's pish TBH. 

Aye it’s the fact Diomande was already booked and we were chasing a goal. Take Dessers off and bring on Danilo 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Aye it’s the fact Diomande was already booked and we were chasing a goal. Take Dessers off and bring on Danilo 

I know you're far from Dessers biggest fan but we were chasing a goal so I would have took off Lawrence and brought on Danilo to play alongside Dessers as a front two. Actually couldn't believe Lawrence lasted the full 90. Nothing to lose changing it up but our manager is so rigid in his tactics and formation. Warburton used to get slated for saying plan B is doing plan A better but back then we at least knew what plan A was. With Clement I haven't a clue what we're supposed to be doing apart from long balls up front and hoping for the best. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I know you're far from Dessers biggest fan but we were chasing a goal so I would have took off Lawrence and brought on Danilo to play alongside Dessers as a front two. Actually couldn't believe Lawrence lasted the full 90. Nothing to lose changing it up but our manager is so rigid in his tactics and formation. Warburton used to get slated for saying plan B is doing plan A better but back then we at least knew what plan A was. With Clement I haven't a clue what we're supposed to be doing apart from long balls up front and hoping for the best. 

That would have been alright too aye. Anything other than what he did. It was basically a wasted substitution 

We seem completely unable to play balls through the middle aswell. All of our build up play comes from out wide and anytime we have the ball central our players just seem to run head on into defenders