Is Clement getting an easy ride?

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The sending off did have a massive effect but where are the goals coming from in this team?

goalkeeper, 4 defenders and then two sitting midfielders.

Basically leaving the goalscoring to a left back playing left wing, a right winger who’d struggle to get a game at Hearts and a 9 and 10 who can barely run.

That’s what I can’t understand ,are people blind to his tactics?

The Pros and cons( feel free to add)

Pros

He has absolute shite to work with player wise, bad attitudes and a Captain with a loser mentality who’s legs have now gone unfortunately.

The board haven’t given him much to spend.

Hasn’t had a great time with injuries.

Cons

How many players have improved under him, players now looking like they have regressed. 

Tactical not very good in my opinion 

What is his style of play? I don’t know.

He still picks the captain mentioned above.

Stubborn with Playing players that majority of fan base think are complete Garbage.

Man management maybe in question.

Players don’t look fit/taking too long to get fit.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I know people will say it’s sour grapes and whatever else, but I don’t think Ryan Jack will be the last person who’s been around him first hand to come out and say things that cast doubts about him, his tactics or his managerial ability and man management.

What else is it? This was the first manager who has managed to outlast them.

16 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Say we do bring a couple in before the deadline what’s the chances they won’t be ‘ready’ till mid October 

Now that we know there aren’t any windfalls by way of CL qualification, or even the €5m for getting put out in the next round, it will be interesting to see what, if any of the EL cash is made available for new players.

And how it gets spent.

A couple of good, solid buys could be transformative, but we’re in bother if what little we have goes on more of the same.

As said before, I don't think Clement turns this around now. I think he might be working his ticket. 

It was only March it really felt like we had a proper manager in charge, team looked organised and drilled, and despite a horrendous injury list - we were performing better than the sum of the parts. 

We had a very real possibility of the domestic treble and were favourites for the league........ 1x defeat by Motherwell back in March and the wheels came off. With absolutely everything still to play for, the team looked like they started downing tools, we started looking disorganised, etc. 

Clement will probably fall on his sword before October, but he has cleared out players that needed cleared out. Maybe a result of telling players they weren't needed he lost the dressing room - I dunno. 

29 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Now that we know there aren’t any windfalls by way of CL qualification, or even the €5m for getting put out in the next round, it will be interesting to see what, if any of the EL cash is made available for new players.

And how it gets spent.

A couple of good, solid buys could be transformative, but we’re in bother if what little we have goes on more of the same.

Would have assumed we were already working with the EL cash as it was a guaranteed minimum. Only way I see more EL money being made available is if we make the next round.

9 hours ago, King Jela said:

I honestly think talk of sacking him is absolutely wild.

This summer has been coming for years due to horrendous mismanagement from the board. 

We have no sellable assets and are in a position we have to post losses (so far) just to try and get players in. That's completely on the board. 

They fucked it after 55.

They fucked it after Seville. 

They fucked it falling for the pickup lines from a mole faced scumbag.

And we were fucked going into this summer as a result before Clement had even took the job. 

No manager is coming in and winning the league with this squad. The chance to properly rebuild is long gone after 3 chances of neglecting it and this is the consequences. 

We're back to pre-Gerrard in terms of size of job needing done.

Think it’s worse back to Pre Souness.

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

As said before, I don't think Clement turns this around now. I think he might be working his ticket. 

It was only March it really felt like we had a proper manager in charge, team looked organised and drilled, and despite a horrendous injury list - we were performing better than the sum of the parts. 

We had a very real possibility of the domestic treble and were favourites for the league........ 1x defeat by Motherwell back in March and the wheels came off. With absolutely everything still to play for, the team looked like they started downing tools, we started looking disorganised, etc. 

Clement will probably fall on his sword before October, but he has cleared out players that needed cleared out. Maybe a result of telling players they weren't needed he lost the dressing room - I dunno. 

Whatever it was something defo changed behind the scenes. That much is obvious. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Could just be a player calling it how he sees it. Nothing Jack said about Clement’s tactics, or lack of, was wrong. 

A player who was part of numerous squads who stopped 'performing' for multiple managers.

Can anyone actually see him going on a winning run? Absolutely no chance of that happening so we're stuck with him, change will only happen when we get shot of Bennett and his board, how and if that happens is the biggest issue for me.

6 minutes ago, Marco said:

Would have assumed we were already working with the EL cash as it was a guaranteed minimum. Only way I see more EL money being made available is if we make the next round.

Probably, certainly having a list of targets for either eventuality.

Just that, while there was the possibility of having a bigger budget, it would have been unfortunate to blow it on cheap list players.

And that’s if any at all will be available to the manager, or are we still working on a one out, one in basis?

1 hour ago, DT78 said:

The Pros and cons( feel free to add)

Pros

He has absolute shite to work with player wise, bad attitudes and a Captain with a loser mentality who’s legs have now gone unfortunately.

The board haven’t given him much to spend.

Hasn’t had a great time with injuries.

Cons

How many players have improved under him, players now looking like they have regressed. 

Tactical not very good in my opinion 

What is his style of play? I don’t know.

He still picks the captain mentioned above.

Stubborn with Playing players that majority of fan base think are complete Garbage.

Man management maybe in question.

Players don’t look fit/taking too long to get fit.

More cons than pros says it all fukin dud

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

A player who was part of numerous squads who stopped 'performing'.

He said on the podcast he expected to see a different Rangers team this season but hasn't. His tactics get the ball forward and into the box 😂A real basic outlook and it's showing on the park tbh. 

I admire your defence of the manager mate but he's no the one. 

I'm potentially easily pleased, but i've seen signs in the last 3 games that we won't be as poor as many seem to think we will be. 

The new players actually look alright amd we will see more from them the more they integrate into the squad. We've played well in flashes. First half against Motherwell was what we wanted to see from us. 2nd half was in contrast poor. 

Both games against Kiev i felt we did well for large periods and i genuinely believe we were going to win last night until the referee made that mental decision. 

Clement obviously has his flaws, the tactics aren't for everyone but how many times are we going to do this rinse and repeat scenario with managers until we realise the club itself is a shambles. God knows who signed off on the wages for half the squad, but Clement has been sold a turkey by the club and in my opinion we should back the man. He has a pedigree of winning and I think if we give him time we'll improve. 

I think the problem with Clement is that we weren't as bad as we made ourselves look in the final weeks of Beale, so an improvement was always going to be inevitable, he just rode the wave of positivity and it helped that the tims had their usual wee wobble during this time, positivity can only get you so far though and when things started to go against us he found out what every other Rangers manager has found out in the last decade, when the going gets tough, the majority of players we have at the club just aren't strong enough mentally.

He's went from thinking in March that he could potentially win a treble or at least make the tims panic big time and then believing we could bring in big players to bridge any gap in quality between the sides, to realising we need a massive rebuild that would've solely relied on qualifying for the Champions League, the problem is we needed to buy players to compete in qualifiers, so even if we did get the CL, we probably wouldn't have had enough time to sign too many players of the calibre required.

This has now become a long-term job, we either put trust in the man and give him some leeway to get us to where we want to be eventually, with the understanding that it might take a year to see us become the team he envisages, or we replace him and hope the next guy that rides the wave of positivity can somehow get us over the line, truth be told though, we're miles off that mob, even if we somehow fluked a league title this year, they'd probably still be firm favourites again next year, they're just run far superior to us and the contacts they have and the players they find are night and day in comparison, that's why we're constantly playing second fiddle.

7 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Can anyone actually see him going on a winning run? Absolutely no chance of that happening so we're stuck with him, change will only happen when we get shot of Bennett and his board, how and if that happens is the biggest issue for me.

Change will happen before the AGM to take the heat off them running the club. It shouldn't change much tho because we need answers this nonsense has been going on long enough now.  

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

His nonsense about managing players then flogs Barron to death in every game he’ll be knackered in a couple of weeks

A Rangers manager, before a 5 million Euro game saying his medical and performance team told him not to start Cerny.

Absolute fucking nonsense.

8 hours ago, JockWallace said:

You are absolutely correct. They knew that too and were in a sense baiting him into doing something that would get the second yellow. I think most people could see that yet our manager somehow didn’t. Or if he did, he made a stupid decision ot to just substitute him. The more I watch Clement the more concerned I am about his tactics.

What tactics he doesnt have clue