***** The Official Dynamo Kyiv v Rangers Champions League Third Qualifying Round Match Thread *****

Hard one for PC, he has to get the best from the players he has at the club, that requires building their confidence, dropping one of the CBs for a guy that’s signed a few days ago could lock that big time. Ok we were pish against Hearts but arguably the defence kept a clean sheet away from home against our second biggest rivals in the league, not really grounds for dropping one of the CBs. He also has to break Propper in gently, throwing him in against probably the best team we’ll play this season, is maybe not ideal… However PC also has to appease us, the fans, and we all know our CBs is a weak area, and we’ve just signed a guy who should improve us. Choice of words were maybe not great but he’s trying to give us reason for not dropping a player for him straight off the bat, which imo is the right thing to do. I can see him being introduced early second half, if he plays well then he may keep his place for the next game, or get the whole of the second half in the next game. 

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What did they ask?

Something along the lines of did Balogun have confidence that Dessers could score goals in the tie, both PC and Balogun were raging.

Its in the Balogun presser.

23 minutes ago, spanther22 said:

I’m hoping all this moving house nonsense is just a smokescreen for Kiev and propper will play.  We aren’t that amateurish are we……..

We will do literally fucking anything not to just play a new signing man, so fed up with it 

By the time he’s ready to play he’ll probably be injured 

49 minutes ago, ayro said:

Aye it’s a ridiculous question, not sure if it’s a journalist or fan media trying to be edgy.

I’d say it’s valid, said for ages journalists are too scared about losing access to ask any meaningful questions at pressers so makes a change to see a glaring issue actually brought up to a manager

Personally I have zero confidence if Dessers gets a chance to put us up in this tie that he’s going to score it, regardless of what they say that has to extend to everyone on that staff and playing squad 

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I’d say it’s valid, said for ages journalists are too scared about losing access to ask any meaningful questions at pressers so makes a change to see a glaring issue actually brought up to a manager

Personally I have zero confidence if Dessers gets a chance to put us up in this tie that he’s going to score it, regardless of what they say that has to extend to everyone on that staff and playing squad 

It’s not valid, it’s brain dead.

What do you expect him to say, no mate, I don’t trust him at all, he’s shite?

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s not valid, it’s brain dead.

What do you expect him to say, no mate, I don’t trust him at all, he’s shite?

Yeah if he’s baiting for something interesting as an answer then obviously he’s not going to get anything other than the standard responses.  

But honestly I don’t mind it. I think it can be easy for managers to be blind to certain issues if they don’t expose themselves to social media etc because they rarely get asked anything other than ‘who’s injured? how tough will this game be? Blah blah blah’. Even if you aren’t ever going to get a real answer I think it’s important questions are raised. 

Personally I’d like to see questions about what our style is supposed to be or why can we never sign a player that’s ready to play rather than someone picking on an easy target like Dessers but I don’t mind it 

6 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Balogun dealt with it very well, stupid question to put to him though, he and Dessers are tight and international team mates as well as club so was only going to be a positive answer.

A legitimate question would be that we missed chances at the weekend and were guilty of it last season how confident are you in the team being clinical?

As soon as it was about an individual it was always getting shut down and quite right imo.

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Don’t think we’ve a hope of getting a positive result.

Right now I would take another 4-4 like we had with Berlin :lol:

Their 9 goals in the last tie is giving me the fear and making me think we are likely to concede a few so hoping we can match it up the other end but in one of the only positives to come out of Saturday I thought we were certs to concede at tynecastle and didn't 

9 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

“Brexit didn't help and I know that from experience - you have to fill in so many papers to come into Scotland and to live here. You need to find a house and you need to find a school for your kids. There's a lot of things going on in his head because he's had just a few days with us"

I take it we don't have a players liason officer to deal with rents, IKEA, and schools?

Think that's another one of Sterlings roles