Where do we go from here?

The problem with Scottish Football is that it's so poor that even a shite Rangers team can go on long winning runs, that then creates a false dawn where we think we've turned the corner, then we play them and you get hit with a big fat dose of reality, rinse and repeat Old Firm game by Old Firm game, season by season.

If anyone dares to highlight this in the midst of a good run, you get called a shitebag or a surrender monkey, and basically mocked for having the ability to see the wood for the trees, a lot of things need to change at the club, one of the most glaring is how the fans view things, we've became so accepting of mediocrity that we're willing to make the same mistakes over and over again just because we don't want to rock the boat when we're on said good run.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom, there's no real leadership, I do think Clement has tried to take on that role, but whether he's just not good enough or the tools he's been given aren't good enough, the aura  he had around about March has completely vanished.

Also, as difficult as this is, we need to acknowledge how far ahead of us that mob are, they just sold a midfielder for £30m and completely pumped us without him, while having a substitute's bench with players that cost them £32m quid in transfer fees, is it totally realistic that we struggle to compete with them when they have that level of talent to work with?

Maybe we've got the answers already, maybe the only way to compete with them is by doing what we're doing now, buying young sprinkled with some experience and hoping we've got a manager who can develop them into being a team capable of winning leagues again, it doesn't look possible at this moment in time, but we're also at the very beginning of this cycle, so it wouldn't be realistic to expect it to look possible right now either, IMO.

My worry is if we sack him, we end up getting McInnes in, he plays McInnes ball and wins an Old Firm at Ibrox and maybe even the Scottish Cup, and before you know it everyone has bought into him and his mind numbing tactics, and this time next year we might be punching our weight but we'll all be bored rigid, but because everyone is so desperate to win the League again, it becomes taboo to highlight how boring we'd be.

Am just rambling now like the depressed cunt I am.

11 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Hey Ralf - do you want to leave your very successful Austria job, take a huge pay cut and join us where you will have no money to spend, can't change the manager as it will be too expensive and have no foreseeable pathway to be successful or win trophies.

Sure he would jump at it. 

"Someone like Ralf Rangnick" 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Pick up the phone to someone like Ralf Rangnick and offer them DoF with complete control to do whatever they want with the football side of things

Who's going to come and do that job with our budget and with a board incapable of keeping their noses out for any length of time? 

Be great of we did but right now we are staring at the chairman's pal who runs a diddy club part time coming in and doing what he's told like his predecessor.

The board are the issue and need rooted out from every single decision made at the club. Until then this shitshow will continue.

This is what needs done.

Drop Tav. Let him 'keep' the captaincy in all but name if that makes it an easier decision. Play Kasanwirjo or Sterling at RB.

Drop Matondo. Sell to whoever the fuck is interested in him in January (hopefully Birmingham or Trabzonspor). Play Bajrami.

Drop Diomande or play in his best position (whatever the fuck that is: ideally one where he doesn't burl round in a tight space then pass back, completely  ignore the space he's created for himself to drive into)

Drop Dessers and play Igamane. I've backed Dessers ever since he arrived but yesterday he was appalling. Igamane looked decent, albeit a cameo appearance. Looked confident, fast, skilful and was always on his toes in the box, not the flat footed shit we've grown used to. Struck a difficult ball on the volley too which was blocked. 

The three in bold are critical to the teams development. One improves the defence (definitely). One improves the midfield (probably). One improves the attack(hopefully).

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think anything will change so I’ve basically lost interest entirely in terms of worrying about it 

Think most are at this stage now. I certainly am. Beyond anger now and just apathy which is actually the worse. Soon as that 3rd goal went in just turned it off and got on with my day. Even watching yesterday it was inevitable how it was going to end, waiting for the 1st goal followed by the 2nd shortly after. It’s actually Groundhog Day and you can only put yourself through so much before you think what’s the point of the people at the club from top to bottom aren’t actually arsed about proper change etc. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We have had 19 permanent managers in our entire history. When the axe falls on Clement, we will be looking for our 7th since 2015. 

Warburton

Caixinha

Gerrard

GVB

Beale 

Clement 

Graeme Park will have been involved in at least 5 out of those 6 and personally hand picked Caixinha. When we’re looking for our 7th, he will have had some hand in choosing 35% of permanent managers in our entire history in the space of 9 years. Not including all the caretaker nonsense as well. Himself and other members of the board have presided over 4 domestic trebles and about 20 trophies going to celtic. 

The board is where the rot started, and it has to end there. This simply cannot continue. 

100%. A bit Chinese whispers (ex player to ex staff) but apparently the guy involves himself with everything.

And is a complete muppet.

13 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

We need to be strong defensively and build from there, too much idealistic pish with the wrong players to play it for me.

Correct but the window has closed and not counting the latest defender  who has not yet played we have no reliable competent defenders. The system used seems to ensure that there is no barrier or protection for the back 4 but to me our players do not work to help or protect each other and without that nothing will change.

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

This is what needs done.

Drop Tav. Let him 'keep' the captaincy in all but name if that makes it an easier decision. Play Kasanwirjo or Sterling at RB.

Drop Matondo. Sell to whoever the fuck is interested in him in January (hopefully Birmingham or Trabzonspor). Play Bajrami.

Drop Diomande or play in his best position (whatever the fuck that is: ideally one where he doesn't burl round in a tight space then pass back, completely  ignore the space he's created for himself to drive into)

Drop Dessers and play Igamane. I've backed Dessers ever since he arrived but yesterday he was appalling. Igamane looked decent, albeit a cameo appearance. Looked confident, fast, skilful and was always on his toes in the box, not the flat footed shit we've grown used to. Struck a difficult ball on the volley too which was blocked. 

The three in bold are critical to the teams development. One improves the defence (definitely). One improves the midfield (probably). One improves the attack(hopefully).

I think the problems are a lot deeper than just dropping 3 players, 2 of whom just had good scoring performances in the previous game. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I think the problems are a lot deeper than just dropping 3 players, 2 of whom just had good scoring performances in the previous game. 

Its their reliability. They are anything but consistent.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This is the small picture vs big picture.

Behind the scenes we’re all over the shop.

Dropping Tav for Sterling or Dessers for Danilo isn’t sorting the big picture. 

We are in a bad, bad place. I really don't see how it gets better. 

The manager should be binned but it's proper rabbit out of the hat stuff now because of how dreadful our decision making has been off the park since we won the league. 

33 minutes ago, beararse said:

This is what needs done.

Drop 4231 in tougher games unless at home and our front 4 are all in form. Even then it's arguable whether we should play it and leave ourselves exposed with only 2 CMs.

40 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

The problem with Scottish Football is that it's so poor that even a shite Rangers team can go on long winning runs, that then creates a false dawn where we think we've turned the corner, then we play them and you get hit with a big fat dose of reality, rinse and repeat Old Firm game by Old Firm game, season by season.

If anyone dares to highlight this in the midst of a good run, you get called a shitebag or a surrender monkey, and basically mocked for having the ability to see the wood for the trees, a lot of things need to change at the club, one of the most glaring is how the fans view things, we've became so accepting of mediocrity that we're willing to make the same mistakes over and over again just because we don't want to rock the boat when we're on said good run.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom, there's no real leadership, I do think Clement has tried to take on that role, but whether he's just not good enough or the tools he's been given aren't good enough, the aura  he had around about March has completely vanished.

Also, as difficult as this is, we need to acknowledge how far ahead of us that mob are, they just sold a midfielder for £30m and completely pumped us without him, while having a substitute's bench with players that cost them £32m quid in transfer fees, is it totally realistic that we struggle to compete with them when they have that level of talent to work with?

Maybe we've got the answers already, maybe the only way to compete with them is by doing what we're doing now, buying young sprinkled with some experience and hoping we've got a manager who can develop them into being a team capable of winning leagues again, it doesn't look possible at this moment in time, but we're also at the very beginning of this cycle, so it wouldn't be realistic to expect it to look possible right now either, IMO.

My worry is if we sack him, we end up getting McInnes in, he plays McInnes ball and wins an Old Firm at Ibrox and maybe even the Scottish Cup, and before you know it everyone has bought into him and his mind numbing tactics, and this time next year we might be punching our weight but we'll all be bored rigid, but because everyone is so desperate to win the League again, it becomes taboo to highlight how boring we'd be.

Am just rambling now like the depressed cunt I am.

That should be the case but it isn’t.

We haven’t won an away game in league since the end of April.

We drew with a dugshite Hearts team first game of season.

What we need is a figurehead that has a clear plan and vision for us.

My instinct is that we need major changes at boardroom level as Bennett and co have been involved in too many fuck ups. The argument has been that they were putting their own money in to fund us and to a certain extent that covered for the litany of missteps we have taken over the last 5 years, however they have clearly intimated this summer that they are driving us to a self sustaining model so therefor the decisions that have been made (eg support for Wilson and Beale, diverting funds to NEH and stadium redevelopment over playing squad) should come in to sharper focus as they are the reason we are in the place we are and to be frank they don’t make a positive case for the current board.

If we could appoint a CEO who was to be that figurehead, that could unite the fan base behind a medium term plan and drive through the changes that could work, however given the state of the club and the changes that are required I am not sure we could recruit someone to fulfil it (and the recent history shows that the board like to get involved too much to let someone just get on with the job).

So yeah all in we are a fucking mess with a squad that has some glaring deficiencies and a manager that has some real weaknesses, however until we get a board who are able to run us with either some serious investment or a serious plan on how we grow we are going nowhere.

That new contract he had only covers him from being sacked around October - November but it'll happen in March - April Alex rae till the summer and fresh start next summer with a new management team. 

Yes he's been handed a shocker of a situation however if this was only a player quality issue I could deal with that. The structure  is horrendous if one pass can take out the full midfield then there is a major issue with the setup that's on the manager. It's Warburton esq levels with better players. 

We will finish 2nd but right now the gap is 5 points can't let that get much bigger or it becomes a problem.  Plenty of work to do dundee united next. 

The greatest danger now is apathy.  We are becoming used to failure and mediocrity.  

Can't believe the lack of financial acumen amongst the board but until someone buys them out we are stuck with them.

As for Clement I'd stick with him, there did seem to be a plan yesterday and we looked good for 15 minutes.  The players though couldn't carry it on which is more concerning.  We have just had a huge turnover of players, maybe given a few weeks we'll see a change in line ups and mentality.

2 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

The greatest danger now is apathy.  We are becoming used to failure and mediocrity.  

Can't believe the lack of financial acumen amongst the board but until someone buys them out we are stuck with them.

As for Clement I'd stick with him, there did seem to be a plan yesterday and we looked good for 15 minutes.  The players though couldn't carry it on which is more concerning.  We have just had a huge turnover of players, maybe given a few weeks we'll see a change in line ups and mentality.

It wasn’t as long as 15 mins. It was about half of that 

5 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

I’m all ears as to what his plan is when we are out of possession.

The problem is expectations and what is acceptable for Rangers Fc in 2024/25. 

Did we expect to win at the piggery.

Did we expect to qualify for champions league.

Do we expect to challenge for the title.

If the board / Manager / Squad  don't see any of these things as achievable then manage expectations. 

Fans will always have hope to do the unexpected-  we are not the club we once were - we know that - but will never accept second place. 

1 title in 13 

Second in a two hours race is constantly shit. 

Europe we get a little joy - outwith the champions league. 

We need the to be adaptable rather than stuck in our old ways.

From the top down - Mismanagment reins supreme.

Boards- Stadium - CEO - COO - Drirector of Football- Manager - Scouting - Sponsorship - Strips. 

We can't seem to do anything right at all. 

Best in class indeed.