Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

224 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Aye, yesterday was a turning point for me.

At the very least we should be getting commitment and passion . There was neither of them , and let's not kid ourselves -  there hasn't been for months. 

And that's down to a manager that's sticks by players that have made lethargy an art form . 

We need someone to re-enegise these players,  that won't put up with half arsed performances and knows what this club is about .

Not a popular choice in here but I'd go for Derek McInnes . The ' foreign coach ' route has rarely worked . Back to getting somebody that understands the Scottish game and knows the expectations of this club . 

Not saying he was flawless but the last manager that 'got it' was Gerrard.  Could tell when we played them that he was truly caught up in the rivalry.  A man who hated losing enough that the team fought for the win.

2 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

We need to stop the rot now, Phil needs to go and I'd give McInnes it as well, can't be any worse. I'd rather make us hard to beat and take it from there, this board need to get to fuck as well.

Not that I'm comparing the two obviously but Walter didn't do too badly with his teams that were hard to beat as a primary consideration.

I wouldn’t be giving it to McInnes unless it was a contract until the end of the season and then we go about appointing our long term choice. Something like Aberdeen did with Warnock last season

McInnes is not the answer long term in my eyes. We need an entire revamp in our approach to football and how we take on the rest of the league. Celtic aside we are miles ahead of the rest of the country in terms of the level of player we can attract and our resources. It’s time we started sweeping the dross to the side when we play them because the overall quality of this league is dog shite and we treat it with far too much respect. Two holding midfielders ffs

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I wouldn’t be giving it to McInnes unless it was a contract until the end of the season and then we go about appointing our long term choice. Something like Aberdeen did with Warnock last season

McInnes is not the answer long term in my eyes. We need an entire revamp in our approach to football and how we take on the rest of the league. celtic aside we are miles ahead of the rest of the country in terms of the level of player we can attract and our resources. It’s time we started sweeping the dross to the side when we play them because the overall quality of this league is dog shite and we treat it with far too much respect. Two holding midfielders ffs

Our approach to this League has been over cautious and very timid since we came back up in 2016, bar one season (2021).

Even Gérrard overthought games many many times, with negative outcomes.

Our players have been "over coached" and "under motivated" for this league for far too many seasons now.

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

In danger of? They’ve won 19 trophies in comparison to our 3 since we got promoted back to the top flight. We already are and we have been for a long time.

We’re not even at a comparable level of those clubs. We’re fucking Aberdeen post Ferguson. An absolute also ran living off past glories. Sickening. 

I genuinely hate the idea of sacking another manager after less than a year. It's not what our club should be about, it ends up turning into a cycle and it just breeds instability.

But Clement's showing me absolutely nothing. I was hopeful after the Malmo game as I thought that looked like tangible progress but it's been bad since then, culminating in yesterday.

I can't bring myself to back him being sacked yet (particularly as I've got no confidence that the board will get the next appointment correct) but he really, really needs to start presiding over some good results and performances starting with this Thursday night.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Where's the evidence for McInnes playing progressive, attacking football that plays through teams set up with a low block? 

There is none.

Clement needs to be sacked but if the alternative is McInnes then fuck it give Clement another contract extension instead. 

After the contract extension we probably can’t afford to replace him and have a transfer budget for the next window.

That said I still have no idea what our style of play is and it’s probably time to change to a manager that can get something better out of our current crop of players.

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

McInnes for me aswell. Very rarely have we had an unsuccessful "Scottish Manager". Most of our trophies and titles have been won by home grown Managers. Let's get back to basics and build from there.

I'm with you here in terms of a Scot and/or someone with affinity for the club

It's not an exact science but it's certainly one that has been more successful than not. 

Even across the city they have had successful managers in place that understand the club.

Guys like Advocaat and postecoglu are an exception to the rule they also had more money to spend than anyone out with o'neill. Unless you have a "war chest" you're better with a domestic manager and someone with affinity to the club.

Warburton, Pedro, Gerrard, Beale & Clement were either or these and Gio you could argue had an affinity with the club but it's not the same thing compared to Walter or Eck. With all these managers in charge since returning to the top flight in 2016 we have 3 trophies in 24 attempts - no even winning cups nevermind league titles.

McInnes is a good, solid SPFL manager. He’ll set you up to make you tough to beat, and get more out you than the sum of its part - but we need some free flowing attacking football now.

He’s not the answer, nor is he the only option other than Clement.

1 hour ago, Stunels said:

Not saying he was flawless but the last manager that 'got it' was Gerrard.  Could tell when we played them that he was truly caught up in the rivalry.  A man who hated losing enough that the team fought for the win.

Aye, Im probably a bit harsh on Gerrard.

I thought we improved each season under him and he gave us 55 and some memorable European nights, even if his overall trophy count was disappointing.

I believe that he has been told a pack of lies by the board in terms of £££ support available.

To counter that, they have gave him a £££ healthy contract extension, for which he had done very little to deserve.

So swings and roundabouts eh.

But regardless of that, we haven't progressed one inch on the pitch.

We are now in full regression.

He needs to go now, whatever the £££ cost may be.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I believe that he has been told a pack of lies by the board in terms of £££ support available.

To counter that, they have gave him a £££ healthy contract extension, for which he had done very little to deserve.

So swings and roundabouts eh.

But regardless of that, we haven't progressed one inch on the pitch.

We are now in full regression.

He needs to go now, whatever the £££ cost may be.

Oh I dont doubt he's been lied to, he pretty much made that clear. However, that doesn't, as you've said, prevent him from putting a team on the park that can win games. It doesn't explain why he is tactically inept and stupidly stubborn when it comes to setting up the team, picking players that fail time and again, makes the most ludicrous substitutions and is utterly incapable of changing a game in motion.  He's a busted flush, can go back to Belgium and rot for all I care now. None of the off field shit in any way excuses his inability as a manager.

7 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I thought we improved each season under him and he gave us 55 and some memorable European nights, even if his overall trophy count was disappointing.

Had a great record v celtic aswell.

And carried himself better than any other manager of the last 35 years, bar Walter Smith. 

10 minutes ago, gmcf said:

My heart was broken 💔 the day he left.

I was sad, angry, gutted fearful, insecure about the clubs future.

9 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Let's not forget that Gerrards trophy count in 3 years was fucking abject aswell.

It was but at least with Gerrard's team you had a bit of hope that we could play good football and teams feared us. We pressed high up the pitch and dominated a lot of our games. We also punched above our weight in Europe with some very decent performances and didn't look like scared wee lassies in games against the scum. 

Clement's team has none of that. There's no press, no effort and even when we were getting results last season when Clement was first appointed the football was a terrible watch. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

It was but at least with Gerrard's team you had a bit of hope that we could play good football and teams feared us. We pressed high up the pitch and dominated a lot of our games. We also punched above our weight in Europe with some very decent performances and didn't look like scared wee lassies in games against the scum. 

Clement's team has none of that. There's no press, no effort and even when we were getting results last season when Clement was first appointed the football was a terrible watch. 

The quality of the football served under him has been a continuation of Bealeball. Got away with it due to results, like Beale did at the beginning aswell.