*****The Official Rangers vs Hibs Thread*****

My thoughts are all over the place tbh, fucking fuming. I think we would have rallied and won that 11 vs 11 as others have said, but it's still not good enough. Haven't seen the incident, but Jack shouldn't even have given Beaton the chance - Dorrans should have a look at himself as well, no need to instigate the entire flashpoint by reacting to a bog standard foul in the way he did. 

We should have got ourselves 2 in front, and failed again. Then came the 10 minute meltdown we've had in varying degrees in every game for about 2 years - this week we lost 2 goals and got a man sent off. It's just not good enough. Players can't be in battle mode the same as fans, first 10 minutes fair enough. After that settle down and control and manage the game. We failed to do that. 

Tactically i think, as i feared before, we let them in due to giving them a numbers advantage in midfield. 442 won't cut it against them, Aberdeen or Celtic. It's too basic. Basic, simple tactics - 442, high tempo and combination passing - combined with having better players is the bread and butter and will work against the rest of the league, but in big games we're going to be left chasing shadows. 

2 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Down to ten men chasing the game and cunts are blabbing about a plan b. Haha fucking idiot's.

This is just it, I don't think people realise just what an advantage you have when your team has 11 men against 10, if a team plays well and passes well like Hibs did to be fair, then they're going to take advantage. 

It's the reality, soon as I saw the red card my heart sank, it was the killer blow.

15 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Sorry but I honestly believe that the ref changed that entire game, had the 11 men been on the park Rangers would have had the 3 points in the bag today I've no doubt in that in my mind, therefore for me personally irrespective of people's opinions about subs and how Rangers played down to 10 men I give credit where due that Hibs played well, the ref gave them that massive advantage. I'm now going to look at that as a 1 off freakish result and hope that we don't see that sort of refereeing for the rest of the campaign. 

It was deplorable to say the least what just happened and now we must look to next weeks game against Hearts and hopefully win with a top performance. That one result for me was won for Hibs because of that cheating, I stand by that.

Agree Rangers would have won with 11 players on the field. The disappointment for me is that they should have been able to win, or at the very least draw even with ten. 

The referee was shocking but things have gone against us before and we've fought back. We've won Cup Finals with 9 men because the players showed the right attitude. 

Maybe have to accept that we're not the team we used to be but you still expect players to show a bit of desire and I don't think they did.

That said I do think we'll see a reaction going forward starting with Hearts next week, and over the course of the season we'll show we're better than wee teams like Hibs 

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

My thoughts are all over the place tbh, fucking fuming. I think we would have rallied and won that 11 vs 11 as others have said, but it's still not good enough. Haven't seen the incident, but Jack shouldn't even have given Beaton the chance - Dorrans should have a look at himself as well, no need to instigate the entire flashpoint by reacting to a bog standard foul in the way he did. 

We should have got ourselves 2 in front, and failed again. Then came the 10 minute meltdown we've had in varying degrees in every game for about 2 years - this week we lost 2 goals and got a man sent off. It's just not good enough. Players can't be in battle mode the same as fans, first 10 minutes fair enough. After that settle down and control and manage the game. We failed to do that. 

Tactically i think, as i feared before, we let them in due to giving them a numbers advantage in midfield. 442 won't cut it against them, Aberdeen or Celtic. It's too basic. Basic, simple tactics - 442, high tempo and combination passing - combined with having better players is the bread and butter and will work against the rest of the league, but in big games we're going to be left chasing shadows. 

Pish!

Just now, RangersScotty9 said:

This is just it, I don't think people realise just what an advantage you have when your team has 11 men against 10, if a team plays well and passes well like Hibs did to be fair, then they're going to take advantage. 

It's the reality, soon as I saw the red card my heart sank, it was the killer blow.

When a key defensive component of your team gets sent off then your away past plan b. You've also got to factor in the way the opposition set up. His went deep and stretched the game, extra bodies in midfield the only option is hoof it and get on the second ball. 

1 minute ago, rblair92 said:

Agree Rangers would have won with 11 players on the field. The disappointment for me is that they should have been able to win, or at the very least draw even with ten. 

The referee was shocking but things have gone against us before and we've fought back. We've won Cup Finals with 9 men because the players showed the right attitude. 

Maybe have to accept that we're not the team we used to be but you still expect players to show a bit of desire and I don't think they did.

That said I do think we'll see a reaction going forward starting with Hearts next week, and over the course of the season we'll show we're better than wee teams like Hibs 

Agreed, it's a matter of time, that was a one off result that was won by the referee, on another day Rangers would've won it. I'm a very positive minded person and Morelos 3 goals in 2 games, he looks fantastic. I'm also very pleased as I've mentioned seeing Peña, he does look the box to box player we need, he even slid in for a challenge at the back to save us and was fighting for the ball, as well as nearly breaking through on goal. I'm excited to see this boy.

Hopefully this is the start of seeing Peña bred into the team. I try and look at these positives simply because let's face it, I could sit and put my head down but what is done is done now, we need to rally forward now and prove that this was a one off result because of that referee. However I do believe Rangers need to take that referee to town, get official complaint put in against him because there's no question, it was blatant cheating.

Hell I even look at the fact we scored a goal down to 10 men as a positive, Rangers have shown they're capable of scoring and had that been 1-1 and we had Jack on the field, I've no doubt in my mind we would've won it.

12 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Big deep breath to calm down......rarely blame the Ref but on this occasion the bias was obvious,Jack being sent off was nonsense but ruined the game.

Thought the team did well in the 2nd half but for Fod's lack of save for their 3rd. For me Miller should have been pulled at HT,he'd a chance from the edge of the box wi ten to go and he passed it sideways to a Hibs player,summed up his day.

My biggest hatred of the day was TLB walking up the tunnel grinning,after his straw men had cheated their way to the win,reb b'tard.

Ur point re miller is spot on. He should have been subbed. Was in full headless chicken mode.the chance u refer to he should have hammered it.

5 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Agreed, it's a matter of time, that was a one off result that was won by the referee, on another day Rangers would've won it. I'm a very positive minded person and Morelos 3 goals in 2 games, he looks fantastic. I'm also very pleased as I've mentioned seeing Peña, he does look the box to box player we need, he even slid in for a challenge at the back to save us and was fighting for the ball, as well as nearly breaking through on goal. I'm excited to see this boy.

Hopefully this is the start of seeing Peña bred into the team. I try and look at these positives simply because let's face it, I could sit and put my head down but what is done is done now, we need to rally forward now and prove that this was a one off result because of that referee. However I do believe Rangers need to take that referee to town, get official complaint put in against him because there's no question, it was blatant cheating.

Hell I even look at the fact we scored a goal down to 10 men as a positive, Rangers have shown they're capable of scoring and had that been 1-1 and we had Jack on the field, I've no doubt in my mind we would've won it.

I can't say the result was down to the referee. Yes he got his decisions wrong but the first two goals were very sloppy. Red card or no red card we should have been one nil up at half time. That's before you take into account the chance Kenny Miller missed. 

We should never have let ourselves get  in a position to be chasing the game. Should have been under control.

They got there tactics right in the second half trying to use the man advantage and pass the ball about, but they're hardly Barcelona. We should have been more on top of them, putting them under pressure and forcing mistakes. 

Hopefully, they learn from it and like I said I don't think we'll see improvements but it wasn't the red card that caused us to lose today, only have ourselves to blane

59 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Was the performance today a sign that we are to see a much more competitive Rangers than we saw last season?   Nope.

Sure the referee was rank and some bad decisions but a Rangers side at home and with good leadership and motivation should be expecting to deal with that.   At least showing top class fighting qualities.    The manager is tall on words of encouragement but short on delivering results. 

Lost at home to the other lot.  Lost at home to Aberdeen.  Now lost at home to Hibs.     

Not good enough.

Fighting qualities?? Wee Morelos was chasing everything, he received an inexplicable yellow which put him in danger of being sent off.  Any more fight from any of our players would have resulted in beaton showing more reds, FFS even the cardoso booking was dubious.  Meanwhile mcginn, stokes and megeough  fet away with murder.  

22 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

We started really well, go one up, Kenny hits the post, junkies break away 1-1 Jack sent of for nothing, Hibs used the extra man really well game over.  How hibs kept 11 on field i'll never know. 

Im not one for blaming the refs but he handed them all 3 points today. His performance should be demotion he was that bad. I dont think he is a cheat, he was just fucking terrible. 

Miller needs dropped for impact sub, 2-3 more players needed. 

I was always the refs don't cheat they are just bad, but after today, naw the ref was biased plain and simple. 

I know we say don't be a taig, but it's time to fight for the club and we need to get appeals and letters flying so we get a level playing field. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I was always the refs don't cheat they are just bad, but after today, naw the ref was biased plain and simple. 

I know we say don't be a taig, but it's time to fight for the club and we need to get appeals and letters flying so we get a level playing field. 

I agree, lets start making noises but he didnt cheat, he was just fucking brutal. if a ref has a bad performance and continues to, he will be demoted, what chance do we have anyway when Miller is starting every game,  im not saying he is bad but if we want to get close to them we should have better quality players with kenny sub. As soon as jack went off i knew it was game over as hibs where coming into it and they used the xtra man really well. Hibs could have had a few sent off. the standard of refs in scotland is brutal, they are not cheats. 

12 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

I agree, lets start making noises but he didnt cheat, he was just fucking brutal. if a ref has a bad performance and continues to, he will be demoted, what chance do we have anyway when Miller is starting every game,  im not saying he is bad but if we want to get close to them we should have better quality players with kenny sub. As soon as jack went off i knew it was game over as hibs where coming into it and they used the xtra man really well. Hibs could have had a few sent off. the standard of refs in scotland is brutal, they are not cheats. 

There's inconsistent and then there's inconsistent towards one team and today he was beyond inconsistent towards us. 

Just back in the door, someone said a video has been posted of that useless cunt beaton completely ruining the game, any links to it?

My own opinion of the day is we're not good enough and this could be the start of the end for pedro. I don't want to be a drama queen but even with 10 men I expect us to fight and whatever fight was there, looked the same as last season. It's outrageous we let likes of that shite walk over us, hivs are gash and it was easy for them even considering jack being sent off

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

They should have been 1-0 down and down to 10 men after 7 mins,, do you honestly think they would have came back from that?  They booted us off the fucking park even before Jack got sent off yet the ref kept his card s in his pocket yet was card happy if you played in blue.  

Exactly mate . Lemon had them playing to bait us . The ref played along by not booking them for anything in first 20minutes .

They were kicking out , using their arms . It was unbelievable . No bookings .

Low and behold .

I said to may mates around me  just before sending off . This ref has previous . I guarantee you . He will send off a Rangers player . And 60 seconds later .

1 hour ago, CottonRunt said:

We are the only support in the world who expect to win handsomely with 10 men.

We don't have a God given right to win every game, we have to fight and scrap for every point.

Referee sending Jack off weakened us considerably.  

How are we meant to dominate and win with 10 men

We are not that's the whole point 

Referee ruined what could have been a decent game, gave a massive advantage to an offending side and punished us to to the point of lunacy. When you're seeing your team mates getting soft cards all round you it will totally change your attitude when going for a challenge or tracking a man. We end up sending long balls trying to cut out midfield battles and it cost us. 

Between the stonewall penalty denied to gift the scum two extra points yesterday and decisions like that today what fucking chance do we have.

3 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

Referee ruined what could have been a decent game, gave a massive advantage to an offending side and punished us to to the point of lunacy. When you're seeing your team mates getting soft cards all round you it will totally change your attitude when going for a challenge or tracking a man. We end up sending long balls trying to cut out midfield battles and it cost us. 

Between the stonewall penalty denied to gift the scum two extra points yesterday and decisions like that today what fucking chance do we have.

Never seen the Thistle game mate . What happened and who was their ref ?

Had a sandwich in the Deli this morning .Had a gander at the papers . Nothing in them . As if

27 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Exactly mate . Lemon had them playing to bait us . The ref played along by not booking them for anything in first 20minutes .

They were kicking out , using their arms . It was unbelievable . No bookings .

Low and behold .

I said to may mates around me  just before sending off . This ref has previous . I guarantee you . He will send off a Rangers player . And 60 seconds later .

This is what Pedro gets for deciding not to adapt to the Scottish game and trying just to play the way he thinks the game should be played.   That might work well enough if, like in Portugal, you have enough technically gifted players who have the skillsets and physicality to control the game for most of the time.    But this is football backwater Scotland......with not enough players of high enough calibre........against teams whose first objective is to have a go at players at every opportunity to test how far the ref is prepared to let things go, and then look to exploit it from there.

Pedro was taken for a ride today.   So was the team.   He failed to set them up to deal with the sort of tactics being deployed and failed to set them up to deal with the likelihood that a referee would be prepared to let more things go than referees in other countries.     This is not the only side that will look to get right in the face of Rangers players and see what the ref allows.  No different to last season.   

He can carry on King Canute-like if he wants in his belief that he has got a squad that can control games they way he wants and can score enough goals to get the 'win, win, win' momentum he talks about.   I don't think he has enough quality players to do that so if he's not going to adapt as necessary in games to deal with way matches unfold and sticks to his King Canute-like approach then there will be more outcomes like today.  

Same goes for his insistence that he satisfied with the forwards he has.     A Mexican international who is nowhere near effective enough yet.   Morelos is still learning as Kenny Miller explained in his post match interview.  And Miller himself who is well past his best but yet appears to be the cornerstone on which Pedro is relying on for goals.   And Kenny tries to back the manager up by saying that Windass can also play striker...........unbelievable.     If Pedro thinks that foursome is enough to have a proper challenge for the title this season then he has levels of optimism in his managerial ability that are, in my view, incredible.          

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Never seen the Thistle game mate . What happened and who was their ref ?

Had a sandwich in the Deli this morning . Not a jot in the papers . As if

Bitton manhandled Storey to the deck right in front of the keeper, doesn't sound much but it was clear as day. Andrew Dallas was the ref.

1 minute ago, duffy2391 said:

Bitton manhandled Storey to the deck right in front of the keeper, doesn't sound much but it was clear as day. Andrew Dallas was the ref.

We got a man sent off for man handling today . We are going to have to get used to it .

It will happen even more . The closer we get to matching up to the beggars . Count on it