Emmanuel Eboue arrested for Arson

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Aye poor defending by him here mate

Not defending anything. It wouldn’t have been how I would’ve have done it. (Probably wouldn’t have even named the player in the headline and had it something like ‘Former PL star arrested over arson claims’. Just offering a wee bit into how these things tend to work, in my experience at least. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

But this is a player who has never played for us but had swapped a top after a friendly and they used that?

Why would we be included in anything to do with a story regarding an ex arsenal player?

Because the Record will only own x amount of photos. They will look to use any of Eboue that they own outright before they have to pay to use one from an external agency. 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

But this is a player who has never played for us but had swapped a top after a friendly and they used that?

Why would we be included in anything to do with a story regarding an ex arsenal player?

so they dont have to pay to use another image

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not defending anything. It wouldn’t have been how I would’ve have done it. (Probably wouldn’t have even named the player in the headline and had it something like ‘Former PL star arrested over arson claims’. Just offering a wee bit into how these things tend to work, in my experience at least. 

You definitely are defending them.

If they only used the picture of him in a Rangers gop, then potentially we'd understand.

But they used 4 pictures of him for fuck sake. 

Just now, ben51 said:

If they only used the picture of him in a Rangers gop, then potentially we'd understand.

But why would they use us anyway? He's fuck all to do with us :lol:

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

But he's an ex arsenal player. If they want to include a football photo then just use the arsenal one.....

You honestly can't stick up for them.here mate.

C'mon to fuck

They have. It breaks the image up a wee bit more and makes it more visually appealing with multiple images since the headline is pretty weak. Given that he never played up here, an image of him in a Rangers is a handy one to keep around incase he was ever linked - and any photographer will have been right in about that m photo at the time with the same idea. It’s a good photo to have got at the time. He’s hardly likely to have shone in the match itself and been photographed. So there won’t be that many they own. I wouldn’t be surprised if the images in the it are the entirety of their Eboue images. 

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Most likely because it’s an image they own  rather than having to pay a licensing fee to use from the likes of Getty or Reuters’ photo libraries. 

Bullshit..... the re**rd is owned by mirror group is it not? Don’t tell me they couldn’t find another picture of him.

they do this shite contstantly, seem to remember a Mike Tyson story last year, the re**rd use a pic of him in a Rangers top, exact same story in the mirror no Rangers top

absolute scum paper, no right minded bluenose should by or click on there page, let alone fukkin work for them 

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Because the headline is weak as fuck. More photos makes it visually more appealing and gives it more chances of a click. It’s also a style the record appear to use with some stories. 

We don’t need 4 photos of Eboue to know it’s him, one is plenty. He played for Arsenal for the majority of his career, them picking a picture of him a Rangers top is intentional to bring our name down, regardless of the pish about ‘owning’ photos etc. The fact anycunt is defending them is just dugshite.

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

Bullshit..... the re**rd is owned by mirror group is it not? Don’t tell me they couldn’t find another picture of him.

they do this shite contstantly, seem to remember a Mike Tyson story last year, the re**rd use a pic of him in a Rangers top, exact same story in the mirror no Rangers top

absolute scum paper, no right minded bluenose should by or click on there page, let alone fukkin work for them 

Owned by Reach. Im not saying there aren’t more. I’m saying that is one that they already own. 

If you (or anyone else) is willing to pay my day rate then I’ll happily not work for them, but if you aren’t then I could really give a fuck less ?

Just now, CoatbridgeBear said:

We don’t need 4 photos of Eboue to know it’s him, one is plenty. He played for Arsenal for the majority of his career, them picking a picture of him a Rangers top is intentional to bring our name down, regardless of the pish about ‘owning’ photos etc. The fact anycunt is defending them is just dugshite.

Aye but we’re aw paranoid an that mate 

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

So it’s intentional to bring down Arsenal’s name too? They didn’t need to use an Arsenal image surely.