Morelos and windass

3 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Morelos is pish. Cummings is better.

8 million :lol:

Combined they are worth about 3. Honking players. Both greedy bastards - the worst kind of players to have in the team.

Cummings is diabolical. At leat Morelos won a few tidy flick ons. Cummings is a Scottish championship player. He'll drift down the leagues and be playing for Forfar by the time he's 30.

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

Cummings is diabolical. At leat Morelos won a few tidy flick ons. Cummings is a Scottish championship player. He'll drift down the leagues and be playing for Forfar by the time he's 30.

Yeah does look like he's going the same way as Goodwillie did. 

Thankfully we've had the sense not to sign Cummings, we are sorely lacking quality options up front. 

Tav never put a foot wrong tonight anybody who thinks he deserves one bit of criticism just doesn't like him, admit it ffs instead of making yourselves look fucking clueless about football! We all watched it, Even scored a pressure penalty at the death.

Windass and morelos were absolute dug shite the nite in front of goal and deserve any criticism going their way, tbf both worked like fuck just looked bad missing all they chances

I din't think we looked sharp enough tonight, maybe a few more games can sort that out. Giving benefit of the doubt.

Defending too much, but that's the Liverpool way, don't lose goals, don't lose games..

We still have players of interest in the pipeline but whether a good striker is on that search, I don't know. I hope so? 

It wasn't long for the fans to lose patience. Maybe we are expecting too much this early in the season. 

I have lost patience with Morelos, I honstly think if management want to keep starting him, then put him in midfield

as he is mince as a striker. 

The ref was shocking as well. Where the heck did they dig him up from? 

43 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Overall I’m over the moon with Gerrard but my biggest reservation is that he thinks these two have a future at the club. Morelos I could stomach because despite being a horrific finisher he does offer other parts to his game. Windass I just cannot stomach any longer. 

A few posters are saying he got into good positions which he did on a couple of occasions and missed, but the number of times he lost the ball or passed to the opposition was hellish, he is not good enough if we want to try and win the league IMO. 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos and Waghorn seem quite alike.  Strong, lead the well, but lack in the finishing department.  

Waghorn been on fire for Ipswich and would probably now cost 5 mill plus.

Morelos still brings something to the team imo... Although he needs to find his shooting boots because they've been AWOL since Xmas.

12 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Waghorn been on fire for Ipswich and would probably now cost 5 mill plus.

Morelos still brings something to the team imo... Although he needs to find his shooting boots because they've been AWOL since Xmas.

Yeah, I read a stat the other day that Waghorn was directly involved in more goals than any other player in the Championship.  Something like 16 goals and 11 assists.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Yeah, I read a stat the other day that Waghorn was directly involved in more goals than any other player in the Championship.  Something like 16 goals and 11 assists.

Frightening eh. To be fair I liked waghorn. He kept getting in the positions just fluffed his chances too often. We sold him far too cheaply though. 

Seems like a top guy though so I'm glad he's doing well

Just now, stewaj3 said:

Frightening eh. To be fair I liked waghorn. He kept getting in the positions just fluffed his chances too often. We sold him far too cheaply though. 

Seems like a top guy though so I'm glad he's doing well

It was actually 16 goals and 13 assists.  Really impressive return from him:

"The forward only moved to Portman Road from Rangers last season, but his dazzling campaign has led to him being linked with a lot of clubs – including Derby.

Nobody had a hand in more Championship goals last season than the 28-year-old who scored 16 goals himself and assisted a further 13"

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/theres-better-out-there-should-derby-move-for-this-talisman/

My immediate thought tonight was not a lot has changed, hard to judge the back line against the level of opposition that we faced but what we witnessed is once again sitters being missed time and time again, i keep harping on about if Morelos could compose himself more then he could become a good finisher.....1st game back and the lack of composure is again all to evident, i ain't buying into this pish he is young and still learning, Mbappe is 19yrs old in lamens terms you either got it or you haven't......in these 2 they haven't, these 2 need to be replaced and replaced fast or we are just going to stutter from one shambolic season to another.