Docherty

MrMckee

Scored one and assisted 2 tonight apparently. Is he one we ship out on loan with no chance of playing again or one for the future? Thought he had something about him but not sure if he is physical enough (similar to holt). Hopefully can come back better and be a decent option even as a squad player and not just be loaned out or a mutual termination.

Boy deserves a chance, he'll never be the most technically gifted but in the SPL you dont need to be. He's not shy of a tackle and has the desire to play

Should be given something next season, if that's only 5 weeks preseason training and a few friendlies before it's determined he's not good enough then so be it, won't cost us anything more than we've already spent on him

There is an awful lot that comes down to luck and timing in football and I think Docherty has had bad luck in that he was shipped out on loan at a time when others have stayed and made an impression. 

Example. If he had stayed and Halliday had gone out on loan would Docherty be getting the recognition Halliday now is? 

As someone said earlier, if Halliday can be turned into the player he is at the moment then I am sure Docherty could have improved too but it probably won’t work out now and I think he will be away at the end of his loan. He is just not going to come back in and dislodge our current midfield options. 

Never thought he was worth the £750k we signed him for and like Cummings who we signed at the same time, has probably found his level.

Cant see him displacing anyone in our midfield or making the squad when everyones fit. But if he comes back and makes an impression best of luck to him.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

This. 

He’s still a bit rough around the edges but I can’t believe how quickly some people turned on him after a couple of bad performances last season.

He’s a great athlete and hopefully a season outwith Scotland, playing regular football, will help him come back a better player and do his confidence the world of good.

Spot on mate. Predict we’ll win our next 5 games on here and you are called right out, write a young player off after a couple of ropey performances you’ll get a fair bit of support, of course not from all.  

I just don’t understand why many are so keen to be negative about our players way too quickly. 

So easy to be negative then come along giving it ‘glad to be wrong’. 

5 minutes ago, markem said:

Spot on mate. Predict we’ll win our next 5 games on here and you are called right out, write a young player off after a couple of ropey performances you’ll get a fair bit of support, of course not from all.  

I just don’t understand why many are so keen to be negative about our players way too quickly. 

So easy to be negative then come along giving it ‘glad to be wrong’. 

The posters who are always keen to attack young players have very small penises.