Interview : Mark Allen

Virtuoso

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

What I like about him is he just seems to get on with it in a professional manner behind the scenes without feeling the need to make too much noise about it. 

Exactly . It sounds as if he's done his homework and as soon as the transfer window opens he's straight in there getting the deals done . 

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

What I like about him is he just seems to get on with it in a professional manner behind the scenes without feeling the need to make too much noise about it. 

That's ironically what most the complaints were about him in the first few months

1 minute ago, Rum Ham said:

That's ironically what most the complaints were about him in the first few months

And I questioned him too, aware that there had been more than a few share of rogues and  charlatans in prime positions at our club in previous years, but he stuck to the task and appears to have come up trumps, so happy to admit I was too sceptical and there was no need to complain. 

16 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Mark Allen doesn't fuck about, does he? 

Even last Jan most were pleased with the business we done, to the point some thought Cummings could replace Morelos (even although, despite the sitter, he ran the taigs ragged at the end of December 2017).

Easy to say the signings weren't great at the time in hindsight, but there wasn't many that weren't happy with them at the time. 

Summer, he got the deals done quickly, now he's doing the same again. 

Remember reading a few posts on here writing him off in November last season as a waste of cash after the guy had been in the job for a few months and not one full transfer window. 

Obviously still too quick to judge someone with his position after a couple of transfer windows, but when we're making positive signings he never gets a mention on here. 

After what we've been through it's hard to blame anyone for doubting things. 

As a fan base we expect the best asap which thankfully has stood us in good stead and our expectations will make sure we return to our rightful place 

watp 🇬🇧🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It's deserved, mate! Mark Allen could turn out to be the best signing we have ever made (If he isn't already) He has transformed our Academy structure into one that can compare with big European clubs and made Auchenhowie a proper developer of potential talent. Let's not kid ourselves, we would never have got Steven Gerrard as manager without Mark Allen, and I very much doubt we would have seen the quality players we are currently signing without the influence of Steven Gerrard. Of course, we have to give the board a lot of credit for finally giving our supporters something to be positive about, because if anybody deserves it, it's our fans who have never deserted our great club through the darkest of years. W.A.T.P.

Spot on with everything mate. Really looks like everything we are doing now is going the right way. All the best for 2019.

3 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It's deserved, mate! Mark Allen could turn out to be the best signing we have ever made (If he isn't already) He has transformed our Academy structure into one that can compare with big European clubs and made Auchenhowie a proper developer of potential talent. Let's not kid ourselves, we would never have got Steven Gerrard as manager without Mark Allen, and I very much doubt we would have seen the quality players we are currently signing without the influence of Steven Gerrard. Of course, we have to give the board a lot of credit for finally giving our supporters something to be positive about, because if anybody deserves it, it's our fans who have never deserted our great club through the darkest of years. W.A.T.P.

Craig Mullholland is the secret behind our academy. A lot of the work was done before Mark came in I believe.

17 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Craig Mullholland is the secret behind our academy. A lot of the work was done before Mark came in I believe.

Yes, I 100% agree with that, but I think Mark Allen has had the experience with Manchester City as Academy Director to take it to another level.

On 05/01/2019 at 22:33, Rum Ham said:

Mark Allen doesn't fuck about, does he? 

Even last Jan most were pleased with the business we done, to the point some thought Cummings could replace Morelos (even although, despite the sitter, he ran the taigs ragged at the end of December 2017).

I thought brining Cummings in was a strange one.  From January onward, with Murty in charge, we played a lone striker formation.  Morelos is great as the lone striker and was always going to be starting.  Cummings can't play as a lone striker and I don't think we ever went with 2 up top.  Well, there was a Scottish Cup game against Falkirk when we played both up front and Cummings got a hat-trick but that was it. 

Similarly, I don't think Lafferty can play the lone striker role either and wonder why he was brought here.  Defoe might cause a formation change to accommodate two strikers but I struggle to see how that would work.  a 3-5-2 means attacking full-back and no wide players (Kent, Candeias, Jones) would feature.  It's been said that Gerrard doesn't like the 4-4-2 either and this 4-3-3 has served us so well in Europe and against celtic.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

He's a cunt, made out Danny Murphy put him on the spot then changed the subject.

Same Jim white that said something along the lines of us having more morons amongst our support than most clubs. Around the time of the coin that was thrown at Livingston