Did we lose many fans after 2012?

King Jela

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Specifically the younger generation? Not heard of many myself but has 4 years in the lower leagues and sitting through the pedophiles winning a treble treble (fuck me man) turned a lot of our younger fanbase off supporting us? 

I have noticed a general trend in alot of youngsters in general not giving a shit about Scottish Football as a whole. Can't say i have noticed a huge swing from ours to theirs or anything like that in the younger groups, although i feel like i see more of their tops these days, dunno if that's just me though

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Specifically the younger generation? Not heard of many myself but has 4 years in the lower leagues and sitting through the pedophiles winning a treble treble (fuck me man) turned a lot of our younger fanbase off supporting us? 

I don't think so mate. 

4 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

I have noticed a general trend in alot of youngsters in general not giving a shit about Scottish Football as a whole. Can't say i have noticed a huge swing from ours to theirs or anything like that in the younger groups, although i feel like i see more of their tops these days, dunno if that's just me though

2 reasons why you will see more tarrier tops than ours .

1 we have had a boycott for a long period and just getting back to normal .

2 .these cunts buy a top and pass it down to the next wee guy .i recently saw a taig wearing a top with peoples sponsoring .shows how long thats been in circulation

Just now, magic8ball said:

2 .these cunts buy a top and pass it down to the next wee guy .i recently saw a taig wearing a top with peoples sponsoring .shows how long thats been in circulation

1) Yeah the boycott obviously makes sense as to why that would impact the number of tops i saw, still though would expect the Turkey tops to make more of an appearance 😂

2) Hahhahaha valid point

I don’t think so.. you’ll always get young kids supporting the winning teams like Man City, etc but I’ve never met a Rangers supporting family with any young kids that support the harbourers.  The after events of 2012 playing Peterhead’s etc won’t have been as negative on kids as you might think. After all we were winning (albeit expected) nearly every week and whilst playing to a rubbish standard but kids are really only interested in the team winning. Everything else is just noise to them.  A factor if any that would’ve been detrimental was the sd boycott but I still think it would’ve been minimal.  

I know families where if they couldn’t get hold of a Rangers top they’d just get their kid another blue top wether it be Chelsea, Everton, or the old Italy top.  Just the fact it was blue and they could wear it whilst watching the Gers on tv.

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

3. The smelly bastards never take it off to wash it 

17 minutes ago, Prince George said:

No if anything the younger generation are more loyal. Just look back at the seventies when they were doing 9 in a row, crowds dwindled.

I had never thought about it that way. My old man sat through their 9 in a row and European cup years and that’s what he said as well, just made them more resilient. I know my weans won’t be kicking about in green and white rags, that’s for sure, 

Bigger issue is people in my generation and the generation below me just having no interest whatsoever in Scottish football. I know guys, and have coached even more kids in the age group below, who grew up in the central belt but exclusively support Arsenal, Spurs, or even Barca - despite never/rarely making it to a game. 

Depends on what is meant by 'many'.   I know around a dozen older Bears who have not renewed STs since then and only gone to the occasional home game.   Supporters who'd held ST's for many decades.   In speaking to them from time to time they've not changed their opinion.   They still follow, but nowhere near as keenly in terms of going to matches.    

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Depends on what is meant by 'many'.   I know around a dozen older Bears who have not renewed STs since then and only gone to the occasional home game.   Supporters who'd held ST's for many decades.   In speaking to them from time to time they've not changed their opinion.   They still follow, but nowhere near as keenly in terms of going to matches.    

What exactly is their opinion? That they only can be bothered watching us lift leagues?

No 

maybe lost some fair weather types who tagged along and claimed to support us during the league titles and champions league nights but actual fans no. We still filled our ground and every away allocation right through the divisions and back. Majority of our fan base is made up of one generation passing Rangers onto the next and that is still continuing and showing no signs of stopping. 

1 hour ago, heathen fish boy said:

3. The smelly bastards never take it off to wash it 

that is very true .

mate of mine was un majorca last year .tarrier family .mother and father had the same top on every day at the pool .just incase folk didnt know to avoid the cunts