Transfers

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Could have pretty much gone to any team. IMO he could do better than Inter. Excellent signing for Inter though.......

I've a real soft spot for Inter (football Italia in the 90s!) so I'm delighted with that. 

A real coup because as you say he probably could've chosen whoever he wanted.

Just now, DW1872 said:

I've a real soft spot for Inter (football Italia in the 90s!) so I'm delighted with that. 

A real coup because as you say he probably could've chosen whoever he wanted.

They were always my Italian team back in the day too. Loved watching Ruben Sosa although to be fair all the teams and players back then were just unbelievable when you think of all the names!

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

They were always my Italian team back in the day too. Loved watching Ruben Sosa although to be fair all the teams and players back then were just unbelievable when you think of all the names!

Aw man I loved Sosa! 

Yeah, great days, quality football, big names, big stadiums. It all seemed so exciting and exotic back in the day.

Just now, DW1872 said:

Aw man I loved Sosa! 

Yeah, great days, quality football, big names, big stadiums. It all seemed so exciting and exotic back in the day.

Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are doing some pretty incredible things but can you just imagine the kind of transfer fees the likes of Maldini, Baresi, Baggio, Bergkamp, Vialli, Van Basten, Boban, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Del Piero, Signori (Gazza and Laudrup!) would be worth today! Madness!

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are doing some pretty incredible things but can you just imagine the kind of transfer fees the likes of Maldini, Baresi, Baggio, Bergkamp, Vialli, Van Basten, Boban, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Del Piero, Signori (Gazza and Laudrup!) would be worth today! Madness!

I know, incredible list of names. It's a shame the Italian league has been overshadowed by La Liga and the EPL because if you're of a certain age Italy and their football holds so much great memories.

21 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Del Piero was an unbelievable player

21 hours ago, denya said:

Is a very good signing for Inter. I follow Inter a lot and Godin is a centre defender I like a lot. Will be good for Inter from corners too he usually is very good in the air. 

So many great South American players have been at Inter over the years. Hopefully Godin becomes another one.

1 hour ago, DW1872 said:

So many great South American players have been at Inter over the years. Hopefully Godin becomes another one.

This is true. Obvious my favourite was Iván Ramiro Córdoba but also I like a lot too Ronaldo and Iván Zamorano. If Godin play at Inter as good as other Uruguayan in the past Recoba then I will be happy.

1 hour ago, denya said:

This is true. Obvious my favourite was Iván Ramiro Córdoba but also I like a lot too Ronaldo and Iván Zamorano. If Godin play at Inter as good as other Uruguayan in the past Recoba then I will be happy.

If he's half as good as Cordoba he'll be a star. Recoba was amazing, so so much talent.

Of course the best South American at Inter will always be Zanetti.

St Mirren have announced the loan signing of Brighton defender Anders Dreyer until the end of the season.

The Danish winger joins Saints after featuring for the Premier League club's Under-23s side since his summer move.

Anders began his career with Esbjerg and scored 23 goals in 48 games for the Danish Superliga outfit. 

Dreyer is available to face Hibernian on Sunday, live on Sky Sports.

I wonder if they know what position he actually plays. 

13 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Surely not

Former Rangers defender Bruno Alves is a shock target for Juventus - according to a report in Italy.

The veteran Portuguese centre-back joined Parma in summer 2018 after a brief spell at Ibrox came to an end.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

Juventus are set to lose Medhi Benatia and have moved quickly to draw up a list of replacements.

Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports Alves is "an option" for the Serie A champions in a move that would reunite the 37-year-old with international team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.