BBC ignorance again

Spectre

Just caught sport scene there and the presenter basically says he can't grasp how there was no sporting advantage and Nevin says of course there was a sporting advantage as Rangers were able to pay money to players that they otherwise were unable to afford. I'm just sitting wondering whether they are that thick or just blinded by hatred of us that they refuse to sit and properly read a short, simple decision. It's a complete failure from Nevin to understand the issue the commission was looking at and an ignorant or deliberate confusion with the FTTT issues. There was no sporting advantage because the payments (we'll call them that just for ease) being made were entirely lawful, just not properly declared, and had they been declared nothing would have or could have happened as there was no rule being broken. How can they not understand that not handing over a piece of paper does not give you an on pitch advantage when you would have had the same players on the same money if you had handed over said piece of paper.

They don't want to understand or they just don't care. All they want to do is keep criticising us. It is getting all very boring now, you'd think they would have moved on to Hearts or Dunfermline. But we are the biggest show in town so they keep the spolight on us.

Just caught sport scene there and the presenter basically says he can't grasp how there was no sporting advantage and Nevin says of course there was a sporting advantage as Rangers were able to pay money to players that they otherwise were unable to afford. I'm just sitting wondering whether they are that thick or just blinded by hatred of us that they refuse to sit and properly read a short, simple decision. It's a complete failure from Nevin to understand the issue the commission was looking at and an ignorant or deliberate confusion with the FTTT issues. There was no sporting advantage because the payments (we'll call them that just for ease) being made were entirely lawful, just not properly declared, and had they been declared nothing would have or could have happened as there was no rule being broken. How can they not understand that not handing over a piece of paper does not give you an on pitch advantage when you would have had the same players on the same money if you had handed over said piece of paper.

Just seen the same as you, and couldn`t believe that anyone could be that stupid,or just totally blinded by hatred. But hey it`s the BBC .

Quite simply .Bbc are scumbags

It just annoys me more when it's a short, basic and easy to understand decision unlike the lengthy FTTT decision which I could understand misinformation being spread about. We've already had the bbc saying we were found guilty of fielding ineligible players when the decision clearly said we weren't and now this when the decision makes it clear the only issue was a failure to lodge contracts properly and that had we done so everything would have been rosy yet thick Nevin still pedals this nonsense that the decision means we played players we couldn't afford

The problem is they say it to often for it to just be ignorance....I have thought many times of phoning up one of the radio call ins and correcting them but I just think they don't want to know the truth...

The fact is we offered an incentive to players in addition to their normal contracts through the use of EBT's....now say what you want about the system but it is LEGAL and was in our published accounts...this is no different to Celtic doing a deal for nakamura with the incentive of image rights and every other additional incentives players receive all over the world..

All we are guilty of us not passing on the information we gave to the players about tgis scheme (side letters). The problem is the more these muppets pedal this shit the more it is accepted as fact....it's truly embarrassing and I would love to see the facts thrown in their faces by someone live on air but nobody in the media seems capable of stating the truth!

The fact that they never answwer Rangers fans questions, like why have a commision now when we needed helping out from the authorities says all you need to know about journalism in Scotland.

Journalism as a whole really.

The problem is they say it to often for it to just be ignorance....I have thought many times of phoning up one of the radio call ins and correcting them but I just think they don't want to know the truth...

The fact is we offered an incentive to players in addition to their normal contracts through the use of EBT's....now say what you want about the system but it is LEGAL and was in our published accounts...this is no different to Celtic doing a deal for nakamura with the incentive of image rights and every other additional incentives players receive all over the world..

All we are guilty of us not passing on the information we gave to the players about tgis scheme (side letters). The problem is the more these muppets pedal this shit the more it is accepted as fact....it's truly embarrassing and I would love to see the facts thrown in their faces by someone live on air but nobody in the media seems capable of stating the truth!

Totally agree with your post. The bit in bold is what annoys me. They say we are guilty, but don't go into enough detail. We are guilty of not submitting some paperwork that is not needed to register players. This didn't make the players ineligible and that is why we didn't gain a sporting advantage. It is easy if you want to understand. The BBC are showing themselves up as usual.

This thing about we wouldn't of been able to afford them is a load of rubbish as well. At the time Murrays companies were doing well and he could of afforded them.

Exactly, thing is we DID pay them, all that didn't happen was a piece of paper filled in. It was in the accounts and was a vehicle to allow the club to 'loan' money to players.

So we still paid the players, whether or not had the spl been notified, we would still have been paying players the same as we did!

Annoys me that argument.

At the time Rangers used them EBT's were totally legal. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts! We never cheated.

As for, 'money we otherwise wouldn't have had'? If ma Granny had baws she's be my Granda!

They can have bitter rats for pundits, and we'll have the facts.

The RFFF should go Ryan Giggs on their asses, anyone who claims we gained an unfair sporting advantage should be served with a defamation suit.

The BBC are a disgrace and Pundits like Nevin, Cosgrave & English seem to put forward arguments the fans at the glitter dome spout??

What they dont understand is how the law works.

Rangers did not disclose payments to the SPL in the normal format - guilty

The law would then look at what would have been the consequence to sporting advantage had Rangers disclosed these payments in the correct manner.

The answer is there was no consequences as Rangers could have paid any amount they wanted as there is no wage cap on players. We could have paid Lorenzo Amoruso in Baileys and it wouldnt have mattered!

The idiots just dont get it that the registration rules Rangers broke were not for sporting integrity as some fools across the city believe - they are to protect players from clubs not paying players there due

I said this about 8 months ago and im not a lawyer or an SFA/SPL/ CFC official just a punter

C#ltic are raging - its a shame really

wonder how much some BBC pundits are getting in payouts from liarwells lot to peddle their pissh and I bet there not disclosed to HMRC

Who really gives a fuck about the BBC

The problem is as the national broadcaster alot of people do listen to the BBC and if this is the rhetoric they are pushing despite it being misleading then we have to do something about it....by all means provide an opinion but when that opinion is based on inaccurate information it has to be addressed!