Confusion Over Management Team's Future

spanther22

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I posted this in another thread but should be in this one. Here's what I think happened:

Board were wanting rid of him but couldn't afford it. They then get an approach from Notts Forest asking to speak to him. They can't believe their luck, give him permission to go down and talk to them. In the meantime they're  already talking about (or even to) his replacement, assuming he's gone. But Forest don't offer him the job and he comes back. They've already put the wheels in motion for replacing him and try to make out he's resigned and can't come back.

Sadly this version would not look good for us, but it's the only one which makes sense to me. Why would he resign before being interviewed? Doesn't make sense.

They've set out a sequence of events in the statement. So unless they're categorically lying then your theory is nonsense 

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I posted this in another thread but should be in this one. Here's what I think happened:

Board were wanting rid of him but couldn't afford it. They then get an approach from Notts Forest asking to speak to him. They can't believe their luck, give him permission to go down and talk to them. In the meantime they're  already talking about (or even to) his replacement, assuming he's gone. But Forest don't offer him the job and he comes back. They've already put the wheels in motion for replacing him and try to make out he's resigned and can't come back.

Sadly this version would not look good for us, but it's the only one which makes sense to me. Why would he resign before being interviewed? Doesn't make sense.

Maybe he's just that arrogant that not getting the job never crossed his mind?

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Warburton didn't resign, written or verbal, his agent made a proposal knowing that the board weren't happy with him, his agent knew NF were looking for a manager and as a sweetener to them he might have approached NF and said Warburton was interested in the job and no compensation would be required to get him, it then all falls through. Warburton could even have been down to meet his agent and told him he wasn't interested.

Just my thoughts mind.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Warburton didn't resign, written or verbal, his agent made a proposal knowing that the board weren't happy with him, his agent knew NF were looking for a manager and as a sweetener to them he might have approached NF and said Warburton was interested in the job and no compensation would be required to get him, it then all falls through. Warburton could even have been down to meet his agent and told him he wasn't interested.

Just my thoughts mind.

I can see where you're coming from but surely to god our "custodians" aren't that stupid? If there has been some jostling behind the scenes and they have jumped on it to make it appear like a resignation, they are an utter disgrace. 

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

I can see where you're coming from but surely to god our "custodians" aren't that stupid? If there has been some jostling behind the scenes and they have jumped on it to make it appear like a resignation, they are an utter disgrace. 

I believe they are. King deffo is. Sad fucking times

Another thought, what if Warburton and Co go to court to ringfence cash they believe due?

45 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

I'm not so confident - The fact the official announcement of the resignation sets out a sequence of events including a change of mind by warbs says to me that this is not clear cut.  If it was clear cut, Rangers would simply have said one line that they have accepted resignation letter and we wish them well.

Also an employment lawyer will be having heart failure at the part saying we are not where we would want to be at the moment which hints that the board wanted to oust them for performance ignoring the 'resignation'

the key is whether they have a letter of resignation.  I've never had an employment contract that didn't require resignation in writing and so a conversation with an agent on Wednesday won't count for anything in court.

As Judge Rinder says "GET IT IN WRITING"

17 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They've set out a sequence of events in the statement. So unless they're categorically lying then your theory is nonsense 

One thing is for sure - someone is lying.

But it couldn't be King and his cronies could it? That's just crazy talk that.

Fact is, no one really knows what has happened other than Warburton seemingly not knowing what has happened and a rushed grammatically poor unprofessional statement being released on the official rangers website.

That to me tells me there's something not quite right going on in the background to all of this whether it be on the part of the management or the board.

The sensible approach would be not to believe anything from any party until as many facts as possible are presented.

Look at Joey Barton, now he's suddenly looking a bit more right than what everyone gave him credit for. He suddenly was a shite player, he physically assaulted staff, he disrespected warburton. 

Really? Perhaps that isn't what went on, perhaps Barton just aired his opinion and Warburton/the board didn't like it and they fucked him off with a confidentiality clause. Perhaps Barton wasn't the problem.

One thing is for sure, the board and Warburton were at the centre of both incidents and both the board and Warburton in my opinion are not doing their job correctly.

This explains why KM, CH haven't been given new contracts, why the Jan window was so lacklustre for me. 

The board had no trust in the management team regarding recruitment and where going to get them out the door anyway. 

It won't surprise me if a replacement isn't already lined up. 

For the the love of god not Davies though. 

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Fact is, no one really knows what has happened other than Warburton seemingly not knowing what has happened and a rushed grammatically poor unprofessional statement being released on the official rangers website.

That to me tells me there's something not quite right going on in the background to all of this whether it be on the part of the management or the board.

The sensible approach would be not to believe anything from any party until as many facts as possible are presented.

Look at Joey Barton, now he's suddenly looking a bit more right than what everyone gave him credit for. He suddenly was a shite player, he physically assaulted staff, he disrespected warburton. 

Really? Perhaps that isn't what went on, perhaps Barton just aired his opinion and Warburton/the board didn't like it and they fucked him off with a confidentiality clause. Perhaps Barton wasn't the problem.

One thing is for sure, the board and Warburton were at the centre of both incidents and both the board and Warburton in my opinion are not doing their job correctly.

You're a potty bastard.

I think the whole world is lying bar warburton. nearly everyone knows he was ready for NF.

But fuck it everyone have a go at anyone bar the guy that tried to fuck us over.

Rat fucks

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He was a shite player, was utter pish whenever he played for us and Brown made him look a complete tit 

1 minute ago, Banner said:

This explains why KM, CH haven't been given new contracts, why the Jan window was so lacklustre for me. 

The board had no trust in the management team regarding recruitment and where going to get them out the door anyway. 

It won't surprise me if a replacement isn't already lined up. 

For the the love of god not Davies though. 

Not happening and starting to drift wildly in the betting. won't be hin

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

You're a potty bastard.

I think the whole world is lying bar warburton. nearly everyone knows he was ready for NF.

But fuck it everyone have a go at anyone bar the guy that tried to fuck us over.

Rat fucks

Why am I potty for saying no one knows who is to blame for this? That is a fact. You'd have to have your head firmly up your arse to believe you know what actually went on last night. I simply have stated people should stay open minded and withhold blame because we do not know who has done what.

Congratulations moron, idiocy confirmed.

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He was a shite player, was utter pish whenever he played for us and Brown made him look a complete tit 

Correct, but shite for what reason? Is he actually a shite player or is it the same tactics that make us look like we do not have one good player at rangers that made him look shite? He has gone back to his former club - something that a lot of people were saying was impossible because they were sure that Burnley actually wanted him out and were relieved to have us take him off of their hands. He has already won a man of a match award playing at a higher level than our premiership.

Truth hurts I think.

I've no idea what's actually happened. I just hope we get the next manager appointment right. I've always backed Warburton but it wasn't difficult to see that he and King had no kind of positive relationship. If you don't have backing and team spirit off the park then it won't last long on it. Warburton had started performing poorly but I think he was also undermined at board level. Whatever they do next they'd better back the manager properly.

Just now, writingranger said:

I've no idea what's actually happened. I just hope we get the next manager appointment right. I've always backed Warburton but it wasn't difficult to see that he and King had no kind of positive relationship. If you don't have backing and team spirit off the park then it won't last long on it. Warburton had started performing poorly but I think he was also undermined at board level. Whatever they do next they'd better back the manager properly.

Congratulations, a sensible head speaks.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why am I potty for saying no one knows who is to blame for this? That is a fact. You'd have to have your head firmly up your arse to believe you know what actually went on last night. I simply have stated people should stay open minded and withhold blame because we do not know who has done what.

Are you seriously claiming the board completely fabricated them wanting to go to Nottingham Forest then?

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Indeed, too much conjecture on here.

As someone once said, "Tis better to look a fool than open your mouth and prove it"

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do people actually think the board will have taken this action without seeking out their own legal advice first?

You would hope that would have happened, but even if it is - the law isn't as straight cut as many would like to believe. You can still muddy the water or come across muddy water so it's up to the decision maker to take a course of action.

There's also the fact of a timing issue, perhaps the board wanted to act asap as it was time sensitive and believed in their own ability to do things legally. I have no doubt our board contain a lot of intelligent and business savvy guys, so it's not pushing the boundaries to suggest perhaps they felt they didn't need to seek legal advice.