Confusion Over Management Team's Future

spanther22

1 minute ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

You really think that? 

Whoever replaces This team will not be anyone on the up, It will be someone who cant get a job or carry's baggage.

Time will tell.

It might be on the short term. It won't be who is in place in August 2017 though.

They can't afford to take a hit on season tickets, which they will if they appoint the usual suspects

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

It might be on the short term. It won't be who is in place in August 2017 though.

They can't afford to take a hit on season tickets, which they will if they appoint the usual suspects

Its August 2017 that will be the problem.

Do you really think RDB/FDB or anyone of that stature will believe a word of what King tells them when they ask how much cash will I have to rebuild the team?

Or even take the job if King is honest :troll:  and says there is no transfer budget.

Were gonny end up with a dud. IMO.

15 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Must've been Halliday or Kiernan as any other player would have named one of them as the worst.

No not any of they 2, funnily enough they 2 don't like each other after Halliday tore into Kiernan for giving away the last minute penalty against raith rovers last season

Just now, Ivybank said:

No not any of they 2, funnily enough they 2 don't like each other after Halliday tore into Kiernan for giving away the last minute penalty against raith rovers last season

Who was it?

I had heard there's a few that don't like Halliday before but Kiernan was never really mentioned. I was told Windass has no time for him at all but it's all rumours.

Just read that warburton is turning up for first team training!? 

"The 54-year-old is said to have been advised by the English League Managers’ Association to act like he is still Rangers boss, as his exit from Ibrox looks set to be a lengthy legal affair."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/mark-warburton-to-turn-up-at-rangers-training-reports-1-4363962

Reading a comment on the story in the Scotsman comments section. Looks like Warburton was a sitting duck between the board and his agent. Something is deffo adrift with this. States that that Gilligan spilled the beans in the Louden the other day about the management team

Anyone heard from SOS or C1872 on this or are they still silent

22 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Think I need one mate. Been up most of the night refreshing this and twitter to see if anything else comes out but it's fuckall but speculation.

Ridiculous eh, I woke up this morning hoping for answers but it's just a clusterfuck of no one knows fuck all. 

Heres an example - the rhag and the star reporting 2 opposite stories in the space of 40 minutes :lol:

IMG_9072.PNG

9 minutes ago, TheBlueOne said:

Just read that warburton is turning up for first team training!? 

"The 54-year-old is said to have been advised by the English League Managers’ Association to act like he is still Rangers boss, as his exit from Ibrox looks set to be a lengthy legal affair."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/mark-warburton-to-turn-up-at-rangers-training-reports-1-4363962

Hope to fuck this isn't true

4 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

Ridiculous eh, I woke up this morning hoping for answers but it's just a clusterfuck of no one knows fuck all. 

Heres an example - the rhag and the star reporting 2 opposite stories in the space of 40 minutes :lol:

IMG_9072.PNG

They know as much as we do mate.

So the story is that the agent told Warburton and Weir that they had a good chance to take over at a club run by shady loopy owner who sacks their managers every couple of months. They tell him they want to be put forward for this dream job and tell him to negotiate an exit from Rangers before any offer. .?????

This is totally embarassing haven't us Rangers fans went through enough in recent years already? We seem unable to do anything right. How long does it take for the club to come out and make a statement or are they happy enough for everyone to be taking the piss out of our club? When the hell are we ever going to return to a bit of normality? 

1 hour ago, Lance1697 said:

I agree, that's my only worry. You'd like to hope everything was agreed on Wednesday for them to go? The deal with the other club has fell but we've accepted the original resignation.

The benefit of having an extra 48 hours they've surely checked themail legality of it all....or is this wishful thinking?

As it stands, from what we know, I think the board have played an absolute blinder in this regard, the trio shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our club if they've been sniffing around Forrest  

I'm not so confident - The fact the official announcement of the resignation sets out a sequence of events including a change of mind by warbs says to me that this is not clear cut.  If it was clear cut, Rangers would simply have said one line that they have accepted resignation letter and we wish them well.

Also an employment lawyer will be having heart failure at the part saying we are not where we would want to be at the moment which hints that the board wanted to oust them for performance ignoring the 'resignation'

the key is whether they have a letter of resignation.  I've never had an employment contract that didn't require resignation in writing and so a conversation with an agent on Wednesday won't count for anything in court.

10 minutes ago, left winger said:

You'd think so. But, there's a wee nagging doubt in my mind that they might have fucked up somewhere.

This is my concern mate. I've got a Scots Law book at home but no access just now so just looked up resignation law on the internet and and both said that resignation can be legally binding both written and verbally (but its better in writing as there is a record of it) and that once it has been made it can't be withdrawn unless management agree to it. It also said that the resigning member should have it in his/her contract whether any offer needs to be in writing or can be done verbally.

You'd honestly think, in any walk of life, that this would be a straight forward water tight situation. This is Rangers FC however, nothing is ever straight forward and water tight.:duh:

I posted this in another thread but should be in this one. Here's what I think happened:

Board were wanting rid of him but couldn't afford it. They then get an approach from Notts Forest asking to speak to him. They can't believe their luck, give him permission to go down and talk to them. In the meantime they're  already talking about (or even to) his replacement, assuming he's gone. But Forest don't offer him the job and he comes back. They've already put the wheels in motion for replacing him and try to make out he's resigned and can't come back.

Sadly this version would not look good for us, but it's the only one which makes sense to me. Why would he resign before being interviewed? Doesn't make sense.