Frank de Boer

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Totally disagree mate. He's got a better record against them than any of their managers as far back as I can remember. The sheep were always getting well beat off them and raising their game for us. That's not a McInnes thing, that's a historical thing. He's established them again as a top 4 team, won them a trophy and got to other finals. I can understand some people having reasons they don't want him but he is definitely not an awful manager.

That isn't anything to shout about, they've had some of the worst managers to manage in the Scottish top flight. 4 wins in 17 attempts, all 2-1 and 2 of them were against Ronny Deila when Celtic at at their weakest in decades. With an aggregate score of 40-17 to Celtic. On average they concede more than 2 goals a game against them. Celtic only failed to win 3 of the 17 matches previous to McInnes appointment so the record is much the same. Establishing them as a top 4 side is laughable, they are the 3rd biggest club and 3rd richest in the country, by some distance. When we were not there, they were the best of the rest, as they should have been, the best of a pile of absolute dross with budgets less than half of theirs. 2 League Cup Finals, won 1, lost one. 2 finals from a possible 6 when they had the 3rd biggest budget in the country. He has suffered a couple of embarrassing cup exits in his time there as well. 

His team also play awful awful football. They are horrible to watch and are susceptible to the odd capitulation as well. They are rotten. 

Derek McInnes hasn't pulled up any trees at Aberdeen, he has done his job. An efficient job. Rangers need better than that. 

Derek McInnes' ability as a manger has been magnified and overplayed because our previous guy in charge was so poor. 

31 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Aberdeen finished 9th and 8th the previous 2 seasons before he came in. Took them to 3Rd(went to last game) and then 2nd two seasons. Won a cup and think put a 10 game winning streak together. Has also had a few decent victories in  Europe. Operates on a tight budget and whilst I don't know many players he has signed pretty sure he has not wasted money. Have to think where we would be if we had paid compensation for him rather than going for Warburton who was free.

As i said above, Aberdeen were expected to finish 2nd when we weren't there. 1 League Cup in 6 opportunities, all the while the biggest club in the country were on their knees and the other was at their weakest in decades. His record in Europe is appalling. His budget isn't tight either, that is a complete myth. He has at least more than double every other club in Scotland bar the old firm 2. We would still be chasing Celtic. 

He is a mediocre provincial football manager. Appointing him will all but guarantee 10IAR. It's a dreadful suggestion. 

2 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

There are no managers that tick all the boxes but McInnes ticks most. DeBoer is another massive risk our club cannot afford to take just now, that's assuming he would come to us. For me, best option for us is McInnes: Scottish manager; managed in Scotland; successful as a manager; can get best out of players; can work on limited funds and be a success; won't take silly money contract to get him.

Henning Berg.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

he was on a million euros a season at Ajax which at the time of a semi decent exchange rate would've been around 750/800k pa. It's not inconceivable and imo would probably depend on any budget more than wage (his wage will still have to be good) 

That's whether or not he has or will be approached 

A million euros a year. I'd bet he'll want a million British pounds. What was he on at inter?

I actually cannot believe that people want Derek McInnes as our manager, a guy who hasn't been able to get anywhere near Celtic as apparently their "title rivals" over the past couple of years. Aberdeen are 6 points ahead of us, and still 24 behind Celtic. Derek McInnes over Frank de Boer? Come on people.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Yes a million euros a year so that is/was around 800k. 

he was on around 1.5 at inter iirc. 

So we could agree that fdb is worth the extra 220k per year more than warburton, but I can't see a manager like deboer taking the job for less than half of what Rodgers gets.  2 big name managers at the 2 biggest clubs on salaries the polar opposite of each other? 

Cant see it tbh. Not without investment

1 hour ago, EMRFC said:

I actually cannot believe that people want Derek McInnes as our manager, a guy who hasn't been able to get anywhere near Celtic as apparently their "title rivals" over the past couple of years. Aberdeen are 6 points ahead of us, and still 24 behind Celtic. Derek McInnes over Frank de Boer? Come on people.

I'm not Championing McInnes here but I can see why others might, if you look at the improvement in Aberdeen in his four seasons compared to the previous four seasons without him you can see how well he's done.

it's taken that mob until May to clinch the title the last two Seasons so I'd say that it shows McInnes has pushed them, granted they fell away at the end of both those seasons but if we went into the Split still in the running then I'd always fancy our chances.

Aberdeen were a mess when he went there, hadn't won Trophy for 19 years, hadn't finished in the top 2 for 20 years and hadn't had back to back top 2 finishes for 22 years, he's achieved all that now and while that might not look a brilliant set of achievements, I think for anyone outside of us or the tims it is something worthwhile.

He knows the Scottish game inside out too which given our current financial predicament would be a major positive.

I'll reiterate that  I don't want McInnes but thats what he's done for the sheep

Surely if we are carrying out interviews for managers in London, that somewhat discounts some of the Scottish based names that are being thrown around, namely Wright and McInnes? Why travel to London to meet cunts that are a couple of hours up the road? Or is Robertson down there purely to search for a DoF as a priority? 

What's the strategy? It seems like we are just grooming any cunt that will listen and some of the names we have been linked with in both a managerial and DoF capacity are utterly worrying. 

Rudderless. 

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I'm not Championing McInnes here but I can see why others might, if you look at the improvement in Aberdeen in his four seasons compared to the previous four seasons without him you can see how well he's done.

it's taken that mob until May to clinch the title the last two Seasons so I'd say that it shows McInnes has pushed them, granted they fell away at the end of both those seasons but if we went into the Split still in the running then I'd always fancy our chances.

Aberdeen were a mess when he went there, hadn't won Trophy for 19 years, hadn't finished in the top 2 for 20 years and hadn't had back to back top 2 finishes for 22 years, he's achieved all that now and while that might not look a brilliant set of achievements, I think for anyone outside of us or the tims it is something worthwhile.

He knows the Scottish game inside out too which given our current financial predicament would be a major positive.

I'll reiterate that  I don't want McInnes but thats what he's done for the sheep

My problem with him is that a few times they got themselves into position where you were thinking they were genuine contenders and every time they fell apart. 

Having said that (and like you I don't want it to be him) if all we are getting to pick from (excluding FDB) is that list of odds that keeps turning up I would take him. 

If we have the budget to pay and fund a FDB type that would be fantastic, if that's the case we are shopping in a different market. Personally I don't see it - hope to be wrong (so much). 

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Surely if we are carrying out interviews for managers in London, that somewhat discounts some of the Scottish based names that are being thrown around, namely Wright and McInnes? Why travel to London to meet cunts that are a couple of hours up the road? Or is Robertson down there purely to search for a DoF as a priority? 

What's the strategy? It seems like we are just grooming any cunt that will listen and some of the names we have been linked with in both a managerial and DoF capacity are utterly worrying. 

Rudderless. 

Take your point but wouldn't read into that. Number of reasons that the interviews would be held there for all candidates. 

It is worrying times - huge appointment for the club. 

even if de Boers wage wasnt a problem, he will take one look at the squad and realise it needs millions in fees and wages pumped into it to sort it, then when he asks King/Robertson about that he will realise they wont pony up and he will be expected to do it on the cheap.

not a hope in hell he is coming here

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

That isn't anything to shout about, they've had some of the worst managers to manage in the Scottish top flight. 4 wins in 17 attempts, all 2-1 and 2 of them were against Ronny Deila when Celtic at at their weakest in decades. With an aggregate score of 40-17 to Celtic. On average they concede more than 2 goals a game against them. Celtic only failed to win 3 of the 17 matches previous to McInnes appointment so the record is much the same. Establishing them as a top 4 side is laughable, they are the 3rd biggest club and 3rd richest in the country, by some distance. When we were not there, they were the best of the rest, as they should have been, the best of a pile of absolute dross with budgets less than half of theirs. 2 League Cup Finals, won 1, lost one. 2 finals from a possible 6 when they had the 3rd biggest budget in the country. He has suffered a couple of embarrassing cup exits in his time there as well. 

His team also play awful awful football. They are horrible to watch and are susceptible to the odd capitulation as well. They are rotten. 

Derek McInnes hasn't pulled up any trees at Aberdeen, he has done his job. An efficient job. Rangers need better than that. 

Derek McInnes' ability as a manger has been magnified and overplayed because our previous guy in charge was so poor.

Some good points but I don't think you can write off what he's achieved because the previous dozen or so sheep managers were apprently crap managers. He should be credited for doing what every one of them failed to do. Their budget is a bit higher than Hibs Hearts etc but you've still got to achieve that and for whatever reason a lot of managers couldn't do that at the same club. His win ratio is about 56% or 57%. No matter what other factors there are, that is high for a club of their size.

Also I don't think we can afford to worry about how stylish our football is so as for how they play I don't care. Results are paramount. We want someone who knows football in Scotland. That's why I think McInnes is our best bet just now taking all things into account. 

38 minutes ago, markem said:

My problem with him is that a few times they got themselves into position where you were thinking they were genuine contenders and every time they fell apart. 

Having said that (and like you I don't want it to be him) if all we are getting to pick from (excluding FDB) is that list of odds that keeps turning up I would take him. 

If we have the budget to pay and fund a FDB type that would be fantastic, if that's the case we are shopping in a different market. Personally I don't see it - hope to be wrong (so much). 

The main problem McInnes has had is if they get 1 or 2 injuries to any of the first 11 then it fucks up their season up. I don't think he'd have that problem here given our bigger budget.

I also don't want McInnes but he's not as bad a suggestion as he's made out to be on here. I'd undoubtedly rather him than McLeish or Davies.

26 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Some good points but I don't think you can write off what he's achieved because the previous dozen or so sheep managers were apprently crap managers. He should be credited for doing what every one of them failed to do. Their budget is a bit higher than Hibs Hearts etc but you've still got to achieve that and for whatever reason a lot of managers couldn't do that at the same club. His win ratio is about 56% or 57%. No matter what other factors there are, that is high for a club of their size.

Also I don't think we can afford to worry about how stylish our football is so as for how they play I don't care. Results are paramount. We want someone who knows football in Scotland. That's why I think McInnes is our best bet just now taking all things into account. 

Fair enough mate, i agree with all that there, except having him as our boss. 

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

If we're interviewing now for the job, there's no chance it's de boer who said he would wait till the summer to decide

Rigggghhhtttt, so by that logic firms only interview when some one has handed in their notice and worked it before applying for a job.

Start date isnt the issue, its the micky mouse league, crap team. board of lying sharks and the poundland shopping mentality that may be the problem. Plus the weather and the food and the terrorist lovers and the mhedia etc etc.............

If he doesnt get a decent budget then he will probably stay a long way away. He had a disaster at Inter and wouldnt want to walk into another anytime soon.. if he doesnt get a decent budget then he wont be able to play the way he wants to play.....probably resulting in a disaster. We desperately need "frontloaded" investment to kickstart our progress. 

28 minutes ago, Smile said:

It doesn't matter if we get Mourinho in whoever manages with this board will be doing it with no Transfer budget.

This.

Everyone needs to accept that we need a few million to start competing with celtc again, and I'm sure any potential managerial candidate knows this as well and won't take the job unless they've got a guarantee in place (Ha!) so you can rule out someone like FDB, he's not going to come here and work for about £30k less than he would somewhere else and with no money to spend on players

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

This.

Everyone needs to accept that we need a few million to start competing with celtc again, and I'm sure any potential managerial candidate knows this as well and won't take the job unless they've got a guarantee in place (Ha!) so you can rule out someone like FDB, he's not going to come here and work for about £30k less than he would somewhere else and with no money to spend on players

In my opinion, the crucial point is the budget for players. He isnt gonna walk into another disaster like he did at Inter. He will want to put things right and that wont be possible without a lot more money than we have been spending recently.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We need a manager in that knows how to win league titles.

So why the fuck is McInnes being touted on here?

He won the Scottish First Division with St. Johnstone in 2009, which I think you'll find is a league title.

:Fod: