Frank de Boer

BridgeIsBlue

I reckon I'm in the minority but even if he would come to us I don't think he is the right choice for us. Reasons:

1. We shouldn't be bringing anyone in because of how big a name they are but how good a fit they are regarding allĀ factors.

2. I personally don't think a foreign coach is the right choice just now. We need someone Scottish/British, andĀ preferably someone who has a good knowledge of the Scottish game and has played in it as well asĀ successfully managed in it.

3. Going for a manager who has been excellent for one club is risky. There are other factors which contribute to manager big successful. We should be going for someone who has been to multiple clubs and done well.

4. Managing Ajax in the Dutch league means you have a lot more money and resources than other clubs around you. We are in a different position than that at the moment. We therefore need a manager who can get the best out ofĀ players that were brought in by someone else andĀ work on a limited budget when required.

5. Footballing ethos or philosophy is a positive but it's not always the case that it can be applied successfully in different teams or leagues. Warburton is a good example. Whether it's because of funds or an unwillingness to change from that philosophy, the risk is still there.

6. Cost of failure. If De Boer was appointed and fails, the cost of fixing that is massive and someone we simply cannot afford just now.

I believe in going for the safest option and I don't think De Boer is it.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I reckon I'm in the minority but even if he would come to us I don't think he is the right choice for us. Reasons:

1. We shouldn't be bringing anyone in because of how big a name they are but how good a fit they are regarding allĀ factors.

2. I personally don't think a foreign coach is the right choice just now. We need someone Scottish/British, andĀ preferably someone who has a good knowledge of the Scottish game and has played in it as well asĀ successfully managed in it.

3. Going for a manager who has been excellent for one club is risky. There are other factors which contribute to manager big successful. We should be going for someone who has been to multiple clubs and done well.

4. Managing Ajax in the Dutch league means you have a lot more money and resources than other clubs around you. We are in a different position than that at the moment. We therefore need a manager who can get the best out ofĀ players that were brought in by someone else andĀ work on a limited budget when required.

5. Footballing ethos or philosophy is a positive but it's not always the case that it can be applied successfully in different teams or leagues. Warburton is a good example. Whether it's because of funds or an unwillingness to change from that philosophy, the risk is still there.

6. Cost of failure. If De Boer was appointed and fails, the cost of fixing that is massive and someone we simply cannot afford just now.

I believe in going for the safest option and I don't think De Boer is it.

Ā 

Who is the safest option for you? Monk?

Fuck safe, I was someone who has knowledge of players out with the UK, thats the only markets we will get value for money with.

I wouldĀ rather go down the Chelsea style of play though.

I am actually starting to think attractive posession play is becoming too slow and predicable...or perhaps that was just our brand.

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I don't see FDB landing a top job Arsenal or Barcelona is unrealistic tbh that's why I think we could get him.

Cant see FDB heading to Barca to work with Messi,Suarez and Neymar and passing upĀ the opportunity to coach Garner, O'Halloran and Waghorn..

At Ajax, they have a conveyer belt of youth coming through that they can always afford to bring in some quality boys to the first team. We have a conveyer belt of boys that get released after loan spells in the lower leagues.Ā 

Couple that with the utter dross in the first team squad, we have little chance of attracting him to us without a pot of gold. We don't have that so, much as I'd like us try and get someone like this in, we will be stuck with the usual suspects.Ā 

50 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Fuck safe, I was someone who has knowledge of players out with the UK, thats the only markets we will get value for money with.

I wouldĀ rather go down the Chelsea style of play though.

I am actually starting to think attractive posession play is becoming too slow and predicable...or perhaps that was just our brand.

I think it is mate.Ā 

I'd love to be like advocaat had us but I'd settle for Sir Walters style if it meant getting our place back.

I've always really been a results over style type tbh

51 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

i dont see this happening to be honest, i have surrendered to it being of the likes of mcleish or davies. this board are unimaginative and unsurprising.

I think the board were imaginative with Warburton and while it hasn't worked out as planned I think most were pleasantly surprised when the board got him. While it might not be FDB, the board could surprise us again with someone that's not McLeish, Davies, Wright or McInnes!

We live in hope!Ā 

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think it is mate.Ā 

I'd love to be like advocaat had us but I'd settle for Sir Walters style if it meant getting our place back.

I've always really been a results over style type tbh

That's exactly why I would still be happy of we appointed someone like McInnes. His teams ain't the best on the eye but he knows how to get results constantly Imo.

On 16/02/2017 at 8:38 PM, reallyruff said:

Wonder if Frank or Ronald would say Arsenal would have to wait till the summer? Somehow doubt it.

I take it your point mate, but I genuinely believe that. He puts his failure at Inter down to joining them only two weeks prior to season starting and players not taking on board his philosophy. With football management being so fickle, one more failure and he might never get another decent job again.Ā 

7 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

I take it your point mate, but I genuinely believe that. He puts his failure at Inter down to joining them only two weeks prior to season starting and players not taking on board his philosophy. With football management being so fickle, one more failure and he might never get another decent job again.Ā 

Sounds like one of ally 's soundbites. Ā . Ah but we.only had the players.players . for. X amount of days. Ā and what piss with the Cock u got. Deal with it. Ā 

1 hour ago, rangersmad86 said:

You don't turn down top 4 in the EPL. If Arsenal come calling watch Frank go running, philosophy be damned. A chance to manage at the top so soon after his " failure " at Inter would be a no-brainer for him. Ajax, Inter then Arsenal or Rangers? Sorry m8 wish it wasn't so but that's an easy decision.Ā