***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

46 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree with most of what you say but we can't afford that squad of ( say) 15 'real' quality - but the fans won't wait the time required to develop our squad - lol at the reactions to this season. 

I don't see any issues with the reaction to being ragdolled by teams with a fraction of our budget. 

14 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

That being said how long are you willing for us to continue to be the second or maybe even the third best team in this country?

If that was the only option, then what choice did we have? I would have preferred Warburton to get more time; even better, I would have preferred him to get a bigger budget to begin with, and a bigger one in the summer. What are the alternatives; the names being touted as him replacement will do better on his resources? I hope whoever it is does do better, they will have my support, but I have my doubts.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree with most of what you say but we can't afford that squad of ( say) 15 'real' quality - but the fans won't wait the time required to develop our squad - lol at the reactions to this season. 

The reactions are based on kings promises mate. 90% of fans would accept it if the board came out and said this rather than the going for 55 pish and over investment.  You should never lie to your primary source of income

34 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

That being said how long are you willing for us to continue to be the second or maybe even the third best team in this country?

I suspect the process is 3-5 years with the levels of investment we have now ... and that's only if we get a great manager and give him time - we can jump up and down and want it quicker but without investment the only alternative is patience and a good manager 

21 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The reactions are based on kings promises mate. 90% of fans would accept it if the board came out and said this rather than the going for 55 pish and over investment.  You should never lie to your primary source of income

Can't disagree with that 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ragdolled :lol:  tadge overreaction - not unusual on here right enough!

I see your opinions floating about on here and it does make me wonder if you actually watch the games or just check the scores after the match.

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I see your opinions floating about on here and it does make me wonder if you actually watch the games or just check the scores after the match.

He is either a troll is just a fucking numpty.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The time for doing it the slow, progressive, developmental way was when the cluster fuck that was mccoist (your hero) was in charge. Right time wrong joke of a manager.

We burned money.

The tarriers have a history of not pushing on when they're winning leagues. The SC semi final win saw that lethargy not to be repeated and they have strengthened well in our absence.

We can't keep hoping to beat them on the cheap. A good coach and a budget far bigger than MW was given is required. Because we need to overhaul and revolutionise the short term approach whilst doing what we're doing in the background with youths. They need to be the way forward in years to come, but for now we need a strong managerial team recruited and a budget of around 10 for transfers alone to bring in better quality players.

Lol at reactions to this season is taig behaviour as they're the only ones laughing. Have a word with yourself man.

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What do you call a 4-1 pasting going on 8-1 against Hearts then?

Even for you that's moronic. 

47 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If that was the only option, then what choice did we have? I would have preferred Warburton to get more time; even better, I would have preferred him to get a bigger budget to begin with, and a bigger one in the summer. What are the alternatives; the names being touted as him replacement will do better on his resources? I hope whoever it is does do better, they will have my support, but I have my doubts.

Warburton got more than enough money for us to finish a comfortable second. The money he was given he squandered so I'm not surprised the board wanted rid. I do actually, any half decent manager could come in and get more out that squad IMO. The errors we're making just now is school boy stuff.

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Did you watch the Hearts or Dundee games or were you too busy hillwalking?

Both teams turned us over with relative ease and the main reason for that was because they out battled us and showed just how powderpuff we are.

We've dropped points in more than half our league games, we are 30 points behind celtic and 6 behind aberdeen and we've also scored less goals than hearts have too.

Still though people's genuine concerns are just an overreaction aren't they? :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, OhW said:

Of course King's unfulfilled promises of investment need to be questioned. However, I think the anger at the "Going For 55" marketing for season tickets is a bit pointless. We were the ones who started it by singing "and when we get promoted, we're going for 55".

So because of a song the board have at worst lied and at best mislead the support into thinking 55 was the ambition this season?

They knew what the budget was and not once came out to cover their arses and play it down.. they just lapped it up to season ticket money

30 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I suspect the process is 3-5 years with the levels of investment we have now ... and that's only if we get a great manager and give him time - we can jump up and down and want it quicker but without investment the only alternative is patience and a good manager 

Warburton got investment.

Was it as much as he wanted/expected that's another argument but he got enough investment to finish a comfortable second. You say 3-5 years but we should already be well into that by now and we're not simply because Warburton's recruitment last summer was shocking.

34 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What do you class as a good manager though?  Because the best managers always work with the best players in their prospective leagues.  Ferguson, and at one time wenger in- both had the best squads and won things. In my view a manager is only as good as his players.  

Even walter knew how to spend money and luckily enough bought good players.   ATM we could have guardiola or ancelotti and still be rubbish 

I thought this was meant to be a thread about management / DOF rumours?   Its looks like its turning into more of a running spat about views on what's happened or what should have happened, or what folks wish had happened but it seems to be evolving away from being a thread about management rumours.   Is there not another thread to joust away at the wider stuff?    If not, and its to be here, then I guess we'll just have to look for the nuggets of rumours while wading through the thickets of the other stuff.

4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I thought this was meant to be a thread about management / DOF rumours?   Its looks like its turning into more of a running spat about views on what's happened or what should have happened, or what folks wish had happened but it seems to be evolving away from being a thread about management rumours.   Is there not another thread to joust away at the wider stuff?    If not, and its to be here, then I guess we'll just have to look for the nuggets of rumours while wading through the thickets of the other stuff.

Someone makes a point then another makes a counter-point and the conversation deviates from it's original path. Pretty standard on any forum. But I agree, let's keep this on track. Don't want this turning into another BP9 trolling session that descends into political chaos.