Gaz52

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Still not feeling the hate tbh. We all wanted them gone, the board wanted them gone: they will have known this. A situation arose which would be mutually beneficial to both parties. The confusion that followed was largely down to the agent pulling the strings, I'd imagine. I struggle to find anything to be angry about.

I get what you're saying but it's the whole episode and the way they acted that doesn't sit well with me. They never had Rangers at all at the centre of their minds, they knew it was failing but instead of resigning with dignity which lots of managers do when the going gets tough they wanted to wait until something came along regardless of how bad our league situation became. Aye nobody wants to leave their job until they get something but I hardly doubt they would fall into the "financial hardship" category

They are away though I suppose so let's just hope they don't continue with their "legal" pish

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I get what you're saying but it's the whole episode and the way they acted that doesn't sit well with me. They never had Rangers at all at the centre of their minds, they knew it was failing but instead of resigning with dignity which lots of managers do when the going gets tough they wanted to wait until something came along regardless of how bad our league situation became. Aye nobody wants to leave their job until they get something but I hardly doubt they would fall into the "financial hardship" category

They are away though I suppose so let's just hope they don't continue with their "legal" pish

The only facts that matter, for me, are:

- the fans and the board wanted them gone

- they wanted to leave

- nobody, apart from our board and them, know the precise circumstances of their departure

- having left, which suits everybody involved, they are now taking new jobs

Like I said, really struggling to find anything to get angry about.

4 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

The quote in bold is absolutely on the money.

I'd have been happy for them moving on and would have been grateful for them doing the bigger (and right) thing in resigning rather than waiting to a) get the sack and get compensation or b) engineer a move away.

They haven't resigned for the right reason, they resigned as they lined up another job knowing full well Forest would see them more favourably without any compensation to pay.

There is no way the board (as poor as they can be at times) would have made up the entire story and just hope that a tribunal believes them.

The whole situation just reeks and I just hope we can move on and forget about them.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

- they wanted to leave

- nobody, apart from our board and them, know the precise circumstances of their departure

I thought they had sought legal advice and will be acting against the club?

As I said mate I don't think they left amicably or with dignity, yes I'm glad they are gone and i wouldn't say angry is the right word. More disappointed with how they left and what they might try and do to the club. 

But aye, bottom line is they are gone, which is the main thing

36 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

- they wanted to leave

Winning that semi final was one of my favourite moments following Rangers. Nearly up there with winning the league in 7 minutes against Kilmarnock.

For that I'll always be thankful. But the bottom line is that they weren't up to the job. More happy that they've gone than angry in the way that it happened.

Fuck all 3 of them zero talent when it comes to management and player recruitment/talent 

onwards and upwards 

I think we need to remember we wanted them gone as much as they wanted to go so it cancels it out a bit. Their come uppings is the fact they're getting no pay offs.

Be happy never to hear their names again tbh. Almost forgotten about them already. 

Hindsight is of course a great thing, but looking at it now W&W seem to actually epitomise how low we'd sunk. With a very limited pedigree, they managed to sell themselves as the level of professionalism we'd been missing. The problem of course was that W&W quickly they hit their level.

The players have clearly known this for a while. Lets hope Pedro installs a bit of 'victory or die' in them until the end of the season.  

He did well enough in the Championship, and has raised the level of professionalism and quality of football from the McCoist era (not that it's hard). 

Gave us an unbelievable day with beating the filth in the semi, and never matched that level of performance again. 

I backed him for a long time, and still think that he has done some good things - gives PC a reasonable base to build from. 

What was clear was that he was either too stubborn, or didn't have the ability to change a game. 

Ultimately proved he wasn't up to the job at Rangers, and left in disgrace IMO. He's a 'business man' so looking after himself is fair enough. I am really disappointed in Weir though - has let himself down badly. 

33 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He did well enough in the Championship, and has raised the level of professionalism and quality of football from the McCoist era (not that it's hard). 

Gave us an unbelievable day with beating the filth in the semi, and never matched that level of performance again. 

I backed him for a long time, and still think that he has done some good things - gives PC a reasonable base to build from. 

What was clear was that he was either too stubborn, or didn't have the ability to change a game. 

Ultimately proved he wasn't up to the job at Rangers, and left in disgrace IMO. He's a 'business man' so looking after himself is fair enough. I am really disappointed in Weir though - has let himself down badly. 

Agree with the lot mate. Snakes. Dissapointed in weir more than warburton 

Warburton and McParland are both wankers who got found out, we'll get more over the years at our club, get them everywhere

The sickener in the whole situation is Davie Weir, how can you play for a club for that amount of time...get inducted into their hall of fame....then stick 2 fingers right up at the fans and try to organise a way to leave the club like you did...

Cunt lost all respect when he did that

Really couldnt care less about MW and whatever small time club he joins I care about Rangers and he clearly did not with his negligence towards the team.

I see Notts Forrest are near the bottom of that league. If he persists with the style he adopted here then its relegation for him.

Was good while it lasted but you can tell a lot about a manager when the going gets tough and he clearly couldnt handle the pressure.......he will be right at home with Forrest who have no where near the same expectation.

Enjoy mediocrity Warburton because that is all you will find, dont have the stomach for a fight.

Well said.

Agree mostly, he couldn't cope i personally backed him until the tynecastle pumping! But i think it is becoming or has become more evident that perhaps he was at fault with showing blind loyalty to certain players, not being demanding enough on the players and i think he let the standards slip once he realised he was out of his depth. In the end i think he just wanted to get to the end of the season and move on to a club more on his level.