Club Statement

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

He's should be allowed back to coach the youth teams if that what he wants.

A decent guy and coach, helped us out twice when we needed him.

And badly let down by the players.

And turn them into wee weaselling, grovelling cunts too?

No thanks.

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

And turn them into wee weaselling, grovelling cunts too?

No thanks.

Hopefully if he does return to the youth teams he's learned a lot from being in the spotlight.

And realises that he needs to toughen up .

I think the guys lost his confidence as the job was to big for him he was sinking while the board just watched and as usual said nothing.

The board should hang there head in shame as we wait for there next f up.

I said when he was appointed back in October if he didn't walk himself he would need to be forcibly removed.  It's sad that it's come to this but what did the board expect letting a youth coach run the first-team?  It's been a complete embarrassment for everyone involved.

31 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It says in the statement that it could include going back to his role in the academy.......

It's the bit that says he'll take 'some time' to consider his options that I think is relevant. I think he'll move on to another club sometime in the early summer, without returning to us. 

Zero debate that it was obvious that he had to go. It's a little ironic though that the guy that the board turn to, twice, to get them out of a hole gets turned into the bad guy.  Such is the nature of football though, a million moving parts but everything falls at the feet of the manager.  

Next appointment is so critical. 

1 hour ago, SheriffHood said:

I think that's what "relieved of his duties" means mate. They're not going to come out and say we sacked him. Different words, same meaning.

A know mate,  but I'm just watching the mhedia mhob all morning and having a wee giggle at them, Sky started off he was sacked, then they changed to left the club, all guessing, they used to be decisive now they are not so sure. 

It's one I'm torn with. He has been absolutely hung out to dry by a board who are always looking for a scapegoat, and he has presented them with a marvellous one. 

He has also shown a stubbornness to a system that quite clearly doesn't work, and a loyalty and soft touch with players who have taken him for a mug.

A clean break is probably best for both the club and for Murty. He has become the tennant who has overstayed their welcome. Time for a clear out.

7 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

Hopefully if he does return to the youth teams he's learned a lot from being in the spotlight.

And realises that he needs to toughen up .

I think the guys lost his confidence as the job was to big for him he was sinking while the board just watched and as usual said nothing.

The board should hang there head in shame as we wait for there next f up.

Fuck that.

45 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Gents

Some of you need to read the statement again - Slowly.

Nowhere does it say GM is going back to ths 20s.

It says he will take some time to consider his options. Quite different.

Finally! Someone gets it.

He won't be in charge of the 20s next year, the time away will include the summer and everyone will have forgotten about it when he doesn't come back by mutual consent i.e. a small pay off. 

We should have got a proper manager after McInnes knockback. We are just as toxic now as then, maybe more so. 

Get this board out before they kill the club for real. The scum taunt us by saying we stood by and let our club die. 

I believe we really are doing that now if we blindly hand over more cash to this grossly incompetent board. Only a threat to their income will draw their attention. It will happen inevitably as this board is only taking us backwards, the big question is will the fans mobilise before too much damage is done? 

1 hour ago, King_gazza said:

No thanks.

The u20's results have improved dramatically since Murty left & Kirkwood took over.

Since Murty left we've beaten Bayern Munch, Benfica, Leicester, FC Copenhagen, Valencia, Villareal, FC Utrecht

With all due respect, the U20’s results and who they have beaten doesn’t matter a toss.  What is important is how many of our youngsters break through into the first team and establish themselves there.