Will Gerrard be our New Souness

I was only 2 years old when Souness came to the club but all throughout 9 in a row he was given massive credit for reviving a sleeping giant. 

I just wanted to hear from older bears is this the same kind of feeling as when Souness came in ? 

Fuck knows, I was too young.

The big difference is that we could financially blow them out of the water when Souness came in... can we do that now when they have all of the advantages they do?

We're going to have to be really smart and Gerrard is going to have to be really good.

As for feelings... I'd imagine it' similar.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Agree completely, starting to really get on ma tits and makes anyone who says it seem like they know nothing about football.

Judge him on what he does and not compare him to a guy who operated in a totally different era for the game.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No so i wish people would just stop this lazy comparison.

It's inevitable , both won European cup at Liverpool , both took first management job with Rangers . 

And most importantly , like Souness , Gerrard will be able to attract that little extra bit of class of player. 

1 minute ago, peter huistra said:

It's inevitable , both won European cup at Liverpool , both took first management job with Rangers . 

And most importantly , like Souness , Gerrard will be able to attract that little extra bit of class of player. 

No, it's not inevitable, it's lazy as fuck.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

All the guy's asking is if the feeling is similar for older Bears. Don't see why the feelings couldn't be similar.

Guaranteed you'll have people commenting on this thread who weren't even born when Souness came to power. I was born, and I remember feeling excited. Am I excited now? Hmmm, not sure tbh.

The standard and level of player in the scottish 1st tier was a higher calibre in 1986 than we have now, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd was competing with top European teams. It is a different era, Rangers need a higher calibre of players but not at the same level of woods, butcher etc. Players like skripel with up and coming young English players will walk this league. Maybe Gerrard will get a better standard from Dorrans,Jack and a few more. I really don't see why we shouldn't be expecting us to win the league next season if Gerrard can attract the right players.

I was 12 when Souness was announced and the media coverage in Scotland at least was big. No Sky Sports back then either. I'd say the squad Souness inherited was probably on a par with this squad. Apart from Cooper. 

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

No, when we're beating them 5 - 1 at Ibrox, Gerrard won't come on and fuck about for about half an hour when we should be going for 6,7 or 8 when we've got the chance.

Does that still irk you?