BBC Article

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Coincidentally.....  

Glasgow High Court Rolls Search

1 search results for Torbett

HMA v James TORBETT Wednesday 16 MAY 2018 Preliminary Hearing Continued SCS/2018-026799

Just a decade too late for his star character witness

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Im not suggesting we pay him anything. As i said this is an allegation.

Others have, which is why I'm saying it makes absolutely no sense to do anything other than contact legal advisers and take it from there

I'm actually glad we have said what we have, for me it was the perfect mix of following the correct procedures, not letting the taigs have any serious evidence to accuse us with and condemning child abuse and stories like this being twisted, which it was soon after, proving our point, not theirs

Let"s just see if the Fuckin BBC report the Torbett trial as the main story on their scum website. Media bias by a mainly Catholic organisation against Rangers. Where was the reprting of the IRA songs sung on Sunday. Fuckin raging.  

This is a fucking joke , a full scale court case was going on and there was not a mention in bbc. 

But with us we get a full article. 

Something needs to be done against the media in Scotland, not watching it or giving them clicks isnt good enough. I’m talking complaints, protests, window smashing, journalist hospitalising, displays etc

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Which is a real shame if he was abused, because he deserves some form of compensation for what it has done to his life. I’m almost tempted to suggest the club should agree a negotiation with him on a good faith basis. 

How about he chases the scum in Leith who didn't tell the police what this nonce was up to?

25 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The club dealt with it properly police informed peado sacked, if the guy has a claim then he was sent to the proper people to file the claim. 

I didn't say it wasn't dealt with properly then or now.

But if there is a child abuse case everyone involved should be punished.  

Whilst what happened to the boy was dreadful the club acted correctly at the time. Now we live in a claim nation everyone is coming out of the woodwork trying to get money. The boy is now a man who is a season ticket holder at the club, personally if I'd been bummed as a kid I wouldn't want to return to the place it happened ever again.

31 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Moh going to the chapel last week is also part of the campaign imo

Awfully coincidental this happened at just the right time an anti Rangers story would come in handy. He's had all the time in the world to do something like this and it just happened to be the right time. 

There can be no excuse not to deal with allegations as serious as this (and the Club is not looking to hide this in any way), however, for me the point is in the timing of the reporting.

"News" by my dictionary is "Interesting recent happenings or the reporting of those events in the mass media."

I would like to know when the interview with 'David' took place...and why was it not reported the day after? 

Of course I say I'd like to know......but I already suspect I know the answer to the latter.

30 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I didn't say it wasn't dealt with properly then or now.

But if there is a child abuse case everyone involved should be punished.  

But it was dealt with properly at the time, that’s the point, the police were informed and he was sacked, what more could the club have done, there were no screening procedures back then nor any requirement for them.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Strictly speaking, no it doesn’t. A company is responsible for sufficient oversight of its employees. If Neely abused a child and it was allowed to happen by virtue of the club not having strong enough safeguards for the protection of children and/or sufficient oversight of the coach’s activities and/or didn’t run proper background checks including referencing from other Football clubs etc etc then Rangers are on the hook too. Sacking the guy after the event doesn’t end it I’m afraid. 

In this instance though we’ve obviously lawyered up and told him the correct legal position - his claim lies with the liquidators. It’s a non story other than the fact the guy has gone to the press because he has realised he won’t get a penny out of the liquidation proceeds. Which is a real shame if he was abused, because he deserves some form of compensation for what it has done to his life. I’m almost tempted to suggest the club should agree a negotiation with him on a good faith basis. 

I think we should. To play the 'different company' card in a situation where a former youngster and season ticket holder has had his life tainted by some scumbag feels a bit grim to me. As you say, it may well be the correct legal position but I think it would be the better option to try and make some kind of negotiation.

If their intention is to force the club to accept a liability, in what appears to have been an appropriate and correct response form us at the time. Then they had better be careful for what they wish for.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the BBC have had a call from a specific club to change the timbre of that deflection article.

I think the club's reaction and statement are heavily influenced by the timing of the BBC article, we all know why it was released today. If this incident really happened then David has my fullest sympathy but as others have said it seems strange he is a season ticket holder. Neely was sacked for making inappropriate comments and the police were made aware and that has been in the public domain for some time so why is David's story only coming to light now ?  Is it only now that he has decided he should be compensated ?  Perhaps the club have the same concerns and that is reflected in the statement.

23 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

But it was dealt with properly at the time, that’s the point, the police were informed and he was sacked, what more could the club have done, there were no screening procedures back then nor any requirement for them.

I get that and we didn't reemploy Neely.

For why it's worth I am not attacking the club I am saying if neely did abuse the boy he is entitled to something in compensation.

28 minutes ago, McKissock said:

I think we should. To play the 'different company' card in a situation where a former youngster and season ticket holder has had his life tainted by some scumbag feels a bit grim to me. As you say, it may well be the correct legal position but I think it would be the better option to try and make some kind of negotiation.

So let’s say the club agrees to take full responsibility, what does this guy want ?

Saying on the radio that victims want dialogue and recognition of their abuse,( no mention of money yet) I believe the club have recognised that, they have offered councilling and co-operation with authorities (scum did the same) if they agreed compensation then they admit guilt, but what are they guilty of ?

I would say the same for the scum but the difference is they chose to hide it and that is a crime

7 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

This is disingenuous beyond belief

No mention of Hibs failure to inform the police about Neely or Rangers before joining us, potentially saving children's lives from ever being ruined

Tries to paint a picture that he contacted us and we said 'we're deed, you aren't entitled to anything, fuck off, we don't care' 

In actual fact we advised he pursue correctly to get the compensation he's entitled to and condemned it, while stating specifically it's vital this isn't used against the club or those abused to build some fantasy 

Bit better than, 'It wasn't us in charge, we didn't know about it, we phoned the police, we didn't abuse children and cover it up like some, but sorry'

Not sure what sort of so-called Rangers fan would even play a part in this considering it's just a ploy to deflect attention from the real child abuse story

It would be interesting to discover if celtic changed companies to avoid compensation and being held fully responsible for the inevitable house of cards falling down

You’re right that no mention by Daly about hivs knowing and not alerting anyone about it which is a dereliction of duty.

Do you not think any claim of compensation would be from the oldco’s insurers ?

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

How can you punish the club for finding out they have a peado at the club and reporting it to the police. 

Any punishment should be laid at the door of Hibs they moved him on and told no one he was a peado. 

At what point did I say the club should be punished unless it's found out someone else knew and stayed quiet. 

I said the victim should be entitled to compensation not necessarily from the club but with neely being dead there isn't much option for recompense.

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

At what point did I say the club should be punished unless it's found out someone else knew and stayed quiet. 

I said the victim should be entitled to compensation not necessarily from the club but with neely being dead there isn't much option for recompense.

Maybe he should be knocking on the door of Hibs, but then that wouldn’t fit the agenda of this story.