Rangers Football Club - come and shite all over us at our lowest point

GOAT

Totally understand everyone's views on this. 

The fact of the matter is that people make mistakes. The whole place was absolutely up in flames. Beat your chest all you want about how you would never do what they did. Our reality is so far removed from that of a top footballer that we don't even have a context for their life  and the earning potential they have. Their careers are half as long as everyone else's and they've got families to put first. When it's not clear if the club you play for is even going to exist come the start of the new season; your exposed to media sensationalism and propaganda as well as advisers in your ear, dangling brass rings in front of you.... 

Hindsights a powerful thing. Again, everyone's anger is totally justified - but if you can't understand why they did what they did, then you're just not looking at it objectively.  Not to mention just how dire our need is right now. We're fighting for our fucking lives in terms of remaining the biggest club in the is country, and we're losing badly. We need a title winning calabre of player coming in - Allan McGregor is that, and that's a proven fact. 

Just now, GOAT said:

This isn’t even comparable to Miller pro Johnstone and Ian black is nonentity.  McGregor a supposed Rangers supporter, a person that had been involved at Rangers at all levels since his youth, just treats us like a piece of shite by fucking off and leaving us at our worst point in history, our lowest point. Now we’ve all heard the stories and I’m sure their true how he regretted it, but if that’s the case it’s six years, why hasn’t he opened his mouth and told us the story?   

The bottom line is him, Naismith, Whittaker and the rest shat on the club, the support and their legacy and shouldn’t be anywhere near ibrox again.  Give me Kenny millers over one Allan McGregor any day of the week. 

You don't need to convince me of anything mate, I get it. I totally get it. 

He's a prick. I don't forgive him myself - but he's an upgrade on Foderingham and will do us a turn. Think of all the stupid goals that clowns cost us against celtic past 2 years - that's the way I'm looking at it nowadays. 

This will annoy the taigs as much as it annoys some of us (just as a side point for a wee bonus)

If there's anything in the Lucas rumour, just imagine our early business reads Arfield, McGregor, Lucas and Skrtl ... McGregor would be a small part of a bigger picture in what would be some incredible early business. I'm looking at it that way. 

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

GOAT's more than entitled to his view. It's perfectly legitimate to feel scunnered about the likes of McGregor coming back after what he and others done.

I've mellowed a bit though. 

He's not who I'd have signed, thought he was a bit over-rated first time round in all honesty but all I want is a better caliber of player to start competing and he's an upgrade on Foderingham ... cost us nothing, possibly get a couple of million for Fod to spend elsewhere on the team is good business for me.

You don't have to forgive McGregor, I don't - but I've welcomed Mojo, Kenny Miller, Ian Black people who I thought were scummy bastards and got over myself pretty quick. Doesn't make it right, maybe makes us pretty fickle but there's little point not getting behind him.

See both sides in all honesty.

Pretty much my thoughts aswell tbh.

28 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So scunnered in fact that a whole new topic was needed, rather than just a comment in one of the million other threads. 

GOAT does this all the time.  Each post merits its own thread because we couldn't have his opinions getting lost amongst everyone elses.  That would be awful!

I mentioned this the other day and @eejay the dj got all butt hurt about it.  Are him and GOAT pals in real life?

20 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I tell you what I’d love to have time to go back and find the thread from when these clowns never tuped over in 2012.  

My first ever post was in that thread, but for some reason my post history only goes back as far as September 2012 when I joined in June.

Probably to do with us dying or something.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You don't need to convince me of anything mate, I get it. I totally get it. 

He's a prick. I don't forgive him myself - but he's an upgrade on Foderingham and will do us a turn. Think of all the stupid goals that clowns cost us against celtic past 2 years - that's the way I'm looking at it nowadays. 

This will annoy the taigs as much as it annoys some of us (just as a side point for a wee bonus)

If there's anything in the Lucas rumour, just imagine our early business reads Arfield, McGregor, Lucas and Skrtl ... McGregor would be a small part of a bigger picture in what would be some incredible early business. I'm looking at it that way. 

Good names but all old. We have been here before. Playing in spl requires physical attributes.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Good names but all old. We have been here before. Playing in spl requires physical attributes.

We haven't had much luck recently but I'm back to thinking Alves will do us a turn if he can stay fit and have someone decent beside him. We've made some terrible signings in the mould of Barton, Nico, Senderos and possibly Dorrans too all coming to us with a similar stature but I have a feeling things will change. Maybe just optimism. 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

GOAT does this all the time.  Each post merits its own thread because we couldn't have his opinions getting lost amongst everyone elses.  That would be awful!

I mentioned this the other day and @eejay the dj got all butt hurt about it.  Are him and GOAT pals in real life?

WTF has it got to do with you?  I’ll post as many fucking threads as I want and if you don’t like it’s your problem no mine. 

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

My first ever post was in that thread, but for some reason my post history only goes back as far as September 2012 when I joined in June.

Probably to do with us dying or something.

September 2012 when you TUPE'd over mate .  Newco  Ger_onimo  :tu:

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

2012 was fucking awful but it wasn’t the lowest or worst point in our history. Unfortunately that will always be the Ibrox disaster. People went to a football game and didn’t come home again. It doesn’t get worse than that.

The lowest footballing part of our history, I think everyone gets what I mean. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

We haven't had much luck recently but I think Alves will do us a turn if he can stay fit. We've made some terrible signings in the mould of Barton, Nico, Senderos and possibly Dorrans too all coming to us with a similar stature but I have a feeling things will change. Maybe just optimism. 

I honestly think those recent signings and others in the past show this is generally a bad route to go down. As poor as the quality is, playing for us in the spl is very demanding.

What’s done is done it’s in the past get over it move on it’s time to look ahead we’ve just sorted one of our weak points in the team we know what he can bring I’m delighted at this good solid start to our recruitment so far long may it continue 

Fuck, this one was always going to cause controversy.

He was a cunt, but he is far better than Wes. He has plenty of redeeming to do.

Again it's draw a line in the sand time as Stevie G leads us to a new era.

Personally, I think Alnwick is a good keeper and happy with him.

37 minutes ago, GOAT said:

All is forgiven we’ll welcome you back eventually.  

Absolulely scunnered.  

Let it go m8 , you've nothing new to add to the shit of the past and it won't help Rangers by regurgitating it .McGregor is back and we have to deal with it .He could have been the hero and played Russian roulette with his career but his big mate Bob Malcolm is driving a fuc*ing ice cream van because he never made the best of a VERY short career. Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes. 

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I honestly think those recent signings and others in the past show this is generally a bad route to go down. As poor as the quality is, playing for us in the spl is very demanding.

Aye I can't argue with that but I think with a bit more thought and better management, then it could be a good route to go down for a couple not a whole team. Arfield isn't that old and Lucas has just turned 31 I'm sure so they aren't dinosaurs ... obviously Lucas needs to sign first I'm only using him as an example.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Let it go m8 , you've nothing new to add to the shit of the past and it won't help Rangers by regurgitating it .McGregor is back and we have to deal with it .He could have been the hero and played Russian roulette with his career but his big mate Bob Malcolm is driving a fuc*ing ice cream van because he never made the best of a VERY short career. Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes. 

Clown