Ever applauded an opposition player at Ibrox?

graeme_4

Last player I clapped that played against us was Boyd. My section also applauded the full progres team off the park aswell at Ibrox and their fans. A funny moment was a progres fan who just kept shouting fuck the pope the full game until a jobsworth told him not to. Went slightly off topic thereĀ 

Think I clapped every opposition team off the park at full-time when we were in the Third Division and League One. In terms of players I think the most recent was Steven Thompson while we were in the Championship.

7 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

They had some team. The Fucking Sun called them "the Aberdeen of Spain":justno:

That was that twat Gerry McNee. Loved the sound of his own voice and his was the only opinion that mattered.Ā 

Anyway, I was one of those that stood for Mendieta...simply stunning performance.

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

Cruyff, Neeskens and the whole Ajax team in the European finals winners game.

Cooper in his game for Clydebank, if I remember correctly we already knew he was coming to us, but he still had a terrific game.Ā  Ā Tore John Greig apart in that game and it was on a grey dreich Wednesday night at Ibrox

George Best got a great reception too when he played for Hibs against us

All of these stand out and I also remember Alan Ball playing for Arsenal at Ibrox, getting pelters from the fans and then being applauded when the wee cunt started playing keepyĀ uppy.Ā  Ā He was an annoying wee bugger but a very under-rated footballer.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Cruyff, Neeskens and the whole Ajax team in the European finals winners game.

CooperĀ in his game for Clydebank, if I remember correctly we already knew he was coming to us, but he still had a terrific game.Ā  Ā Tore John Greig apart in that game and it was on a grey dreich Wednesday night at Ibrox

George BestĀ got a great reception too when he played for Hibs against us

All of these stand out and I also rememberĀ Alan BallĀ playing for Arsenal at Ibrox, getting pelters from the fans and then being applauded when the wee cunt started playing keepyĀ uppy.Ā  Ā He was an annoying wee bugger but a very under-rated footballer.Ā 

That was the 1973 centenary game. I was in theĀ  Copland end. 10p entrance fee (1873 price). Parlane scored a cracker and Arsenal scored near the end. then Charlie George ran through right at the finis, hit a shot and it rolled off MCCloy's arms into the goal, 2-1 Arsenal.Ā 

I'm sure Alan Ball returned to Ibrox with Mick Channon for Southampton in a Tennants CaledonianĀ cup competition. The Friday before the weekend Channon was reported in the Record back headline as saying the onlyĀ good thing to come out of Scotland was the road to England and was on a hiding to nothing, was booed the whole game but scored, I suspect that was a ploy to increase ticket sales though.Ā Ā Ā 

What wasn't to like and applaud about that great Ajax team, beautiful controlled football, every player comfortable on the ball in any position, and Cruyff was the icing on the cake.Ā 

The only time I saw my two boyhood heroes, Alex MacDonald and Johan Neeskens play each other. Over the two games though wee Doddy kept up well though with a goal at Ibrox and a headed goal in Amsterdam.Ā 

Ā 

Kaka in the AC friendly. BreathtakingĀ goal.

And the ProgresĀ Goalkeeper last year. He took pelters/paper ballsĀ the whole game but stayed behind at FT and applauded the fans then took photographs etc with the kids, he looked over the moon to be playingĀ in front of 50,000 at Ibrox.