Our New Additions

Bad Robot

I think we’re expecting miracles from Stevie  G as most players hardly played last season:

Arfield 

Played 18 of 38 games in Premiership 

Flanagan

Played 6 games in premiership during 2016/17 for Burnley. 

Played 9 games in Championship during 2017/18.

Katic 

Played 64 games over 2 seasons for Slaven Belupo

Goldson

Played 5 games in championship during 2016/17 for Brighton.

Played 3 in premiership 2017/18.

Ejaria 

11 games in premiership for Sunderland during 2017/18.

Coulibaly

Played 18 games for Angers who finished 12th in French League 1.

Sadiq

Played 3 for Torino and 12 for NAC Breda but scored 5 during 2017/18.

Ryan Kent

Played 6 games for SC Freiburg during 2017/18. 

Played 10 games for Bristol during 2018.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m turning into a real negative bastard but only Katic and to an extent Goldson have impressed me so far.

Flanagan has been pretty solid and a big upgrade on DJ. Arfield will get better with more games and I think Coulibaly will do well. The rest I’m up in the air for.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’m not expecting miracles mate - I’m expecting very little

defence will probably be alright now but outwith that I’m honestly more excited at cunts leaving the majority of players coming in 

You might feel excited when Beevers arrives mate

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’m not expecting miracles mate - I’m expecting very little

defence will probably be alright now but outwith that I’m honestly more excited at cunts leaving the majority of players coming in 

I do think Kent will be a good player for us and AM behind the sticks was a good move in terms of GK. I like Arfield but how many games are we going to get from him.

The jury is out on the rest for me albeit it’s very early days.

I like the fact he is building from the back, midfield we have loads of players but lack any real depth of quality which can be seen by the fact Halliday got on the bench.

I think we may need to judge him by how solid the team looks and if it is improving, we can't start next season  with a new manager wanting to build a new team again.

Our midfield lacks creativity and our front is pretty toothless. I think if we don't do great but look solid at the back which I think Gerrard is trying to do, we may just have to accept it as a decent season as we can look to starting next season with a focus on the middle and front.

Have to build from the back because, despite being the leagues top scorers last season, the mhanks took 3,4 and 5off us at will. I’m a bit meh over activity so far but window is far from closed so I’ll reserve judgement until that is closed and we’re a few months in. As it stands now, it’s not been positive and the troops are generally apprehensive going in to the season because of what’s gone on before. Said before, we lack one marquee signing (at least) that sent a warning message that we were serious. Sadly, we’re not serious about stopping the mhanks. 

I'm happy we've strengthened the back. McGregor, Goldson, Katic and Flanagan should be more solid options. Still need another CB for depth. 

Our midfield still lack creativity despite the numbers of player we have in there. Playmaker who can cut open defences needed. 

Our fowards look limited and of we go into the season looking to windass and morelos to do the business we will struggle again. We need a clinical goal scorer. 

14 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You might feel excited when Beevers arrives mate

I always get excited when beaver arrives ??

Just now, Moody Blue said:

Have to build from the back because, despite being the leagues top scorers last season, the mhanks took 3,4 and 5off us at will. I’m a bit meh over activity so far but window is far from closed so I’ll reserve judgement until that is closed and we’re a few months in. As it stands now, it’s not been positive and the troops are generally apprehensive going in to the season because of what’s gone on before. Said before, we lack one marquee signing (at least) that sent a warning message that we were serious. Sadly, we’re not serious about stopping the mhanks. 

To me this list of signings shows king and our board don’t have the same ambitions of us fans

25 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Flanagan has been pretty solid and a big upgrade on DJ. Arfield will get better with more games and I think Coulibaly will do well. The rest I’m up in the air for.

You know what you get with Flanagan and we need our defenders to be able to defend first but he is far too right footed and with Murphy or Windass in front of him, it doesn't appear to work going forward. Will hopefully get better as he builds a partnership down that side with whoever if he is given the nod over DJ but I still think I'd prefer DJ in there.

Signed a load of players last season who pretty much all had full seasons under their belt and most of them were fucking mince.

Not sure these stats qualify very much, I’ll wait and judge these players on their quality. 

They’ve not set world alight yet but we are three games into the season. 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I always get excited when beaver arrives ??

To me this list of signings shows king and our board don’t have the same ambitions of us fans

Spot on.  They may well prove to be better over a season but they seem (at this stage) no better effort than the last two summers’ efforts. Just a different manager with different names but stuck with the similar level and a catalogue of pay offs to last year’s duds. 

Just now, FlippinEck said:

You know what you get with Flanagan and we need our defenders to be able to defend first but he is far too right footed and with Murphy or Windass in front of him, it doesn't appear to work going forward. Will hopefully get better as he builds a partnership down that side with whoever if he is given the nod over DJ but I still think I'd prefer DJ in there.

DJ isn’t that good going forward either mate, he carries the ball well but rarely does anything with it.

9 minutes ago, Siwel said:

DJ isn’t that good going forward either mate, he carries the ball well but rarely does anything with it.

Yet given a 3 year contract in Jan. sick of shite like him getting lengthy contracts that then need paid off. 

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Yet given a 3 year contract in Jan. sick of shite like him getting lengthy contracts that then need paid off. 

If DJ becomes surplus to requirements he won’t be paid off fs there is talk clubs are looking to sign him if he’s going to be backup to Flanagan this season