Never winning the title this season

Amac9

We need to all simmer down a wee bit. Yesterday wasn’t good enough as we can all agree but I’m putting it down to fatigue after the ufa game. Nothing is won in September and this international break is a welcome one. It gives our players a chance to rest and bed the new signings in. 2 last minute goals and an unlucky draw with the away leg in Europe have cost us and put us in the league position we are in. I’m sure we will see a different Rangers after the break and we will build a good run before meeting them at Ibrox, where nothing but going for the throat will do.

14 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Challnging for the league this year was always going to be difficult. New manager and a new team to gel.

We've got a run of games now where we need to be looking to take maximum points. Get a good run going and see where we are come the mid way point. 

Heart and hand said it last night yes we'd love to challenge em straight away but this season for team is about growth maybe a cup or two and a convincing performance against the team's we as a club should be dealing with comfortably.

Basically get to next summer and build on this summer no more starting over this is the climb back to the top for real now and I get that feeling

Fuck off with them negative waves. 

Think positive about 55 and it will be there. 

Hearts are beating the tarriers at will. Are we not as good as them? 

A couple of games in and the bucky drinking surrender monkeys are running up the white flag. 

Take that flag doon, replace it with a union jack and repeat "WE ARE WINNING THIS FUCKING LEAGUE" a thousand times. 

Now go have a word with yourselves. 

No-one should be demanding that Gerrard is sacked if we don't win the league this season.

At the same time, no-one whether a supporter, player, director, management, or fucking ball boy should be saying we can't or won't win the league until we can't mathematically win it.

It's that fucking simple.

There’s a good chance we aren’t winning the league this year.. it might even take a further season!! 

Building a championship winning side won’t happen over night especially given the winning mentality that lot currently have. Which means we have to start taking points off of them and winning at least 1 tournament. 

theres no doubt that the European qualifiers have slightly hindered our domestic game but beating the tims at park head is always a hard task even when we had advocaats team I think we only managed 1 victory.

hearts will fade off and hopefully after the international break we can go on a good 9-10 game winning streak

32 minutes ago, Guardian said:

A couple of games in and the bucky drinking surrender monkeys are running up the white flag. 

Take that flag doon, replace it with a union jack and repeat "WE ARE WINNING THIS FUCKING LEAGUE" a thousand times. 

????

9 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

There’s a good chance we aren’t winning the league this year.. it might even take a further season!! 

Building a championship winning side won’t happen over night especially given the winning mentality that lot currently have. Which means we have to start taking points off of them and winning at least 1 tournament. 

theres no doubt that the European qualifiers have slightly hindered our domestic game but beating the tims at park head is always a hard task even when we had advocaats team I think we only managed 1 victory.

hearts will fade off and hopefully after the international break we can go on a good 9-10 game winning streak

The aim will be to win every domestic match that's in front of us. We inevitably won't do that, but that's the aim. Always will be for our club and anyone writing off our league hopes less than half a dozen games into the season needs shooting.

Every single domestic game we play is winnable before a ball is kicked. As is every game for the scum. We might not win the league, celtic are still stronger, but ffs we still need to be aiming to win the league until we can't.

3 hours ago, Guardian said:

??

We crave instant success and second is nowhere in Scotland (when you are us). However, I believe in what Gerrard has done so far for us and it would be nice going in to next summer’s window (or even January) with a solid base and not thinking we need to start again. It statistically is the worst start since 1989 but it doesn’t feel like that despite the dropped points. Challenging immediately was stretching (not unlikely) but the income the EL gives us allows us more scope to bring in better quality when not starting again. If it doesn’t improve then he’ll be under massive pressure like all managers but we need to support the club and him and get back to the positive attitude we’ve had before yesterday. We need to wait until the next run of fixtures e.g. next 5/6 games that should bring maximum points if we’ve any desire to progress and challenge. 

34 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

We crave instant success and second is nowhere in Scotland (when you are us). However, I believe in what Gerrard has done so far for us and it would be nice going in to next summer’s window (or even January) with a solid base and not thinking we need to start again. It statistically is the worst start since 1989 but it doesn’t feel like that despite the dropped points. Challenging immediately was stretching (not unlikely) but the income the EL gives us allows us more scope to bring in better quality when not starting again. If it doesn’t improve then he’ll be under massive pressure like all managers but we need to support the club and him and get back to the positive attitude we’ve had before yesterday. We need to wait until the next run of fixtures e.g. next 5/6 games that should bring maximum points if we’ve any desire to progress and challenge. 

He's suffered his 1st loss now and we will now see how the sqaud responds to that. 

I'm hoping the criticism from this game is going to light fire right under Gerrard and this squad. Driving us to go on a run of wins. 

I think the great unwashed had everything running in their favour yesterday obviously we had a much tougher Thursday night and that would have made a difference .. also 6 of our starting 11 hadn't played in an Old Firm game before and going over there with only 1% of the crowd must make that a factor ... not to mention a new team and rookie gaffer up against a settled team and experienced manager. The truth is we can only improve and I'm sure we will

We lost one match yesterday . And the points we have dropped were more careless rather than us being shite , exception being the Well second half .

It's not excuses but we have came through 4 qualifying rounds in Europe  in a fucking month .

Can't we surely cut the team some slack here .

I honestly believe we won't drop any more until we play them again . Possibly 2 points .

The beggars now think they are invincible again .They have weakened, no matter what happened yesterday IMO .

I think they will drop points . 

If SG needed any motivation for his players . I would take the piece in todays papers  by that scummy bastard leckie and pin it up on the walls. Naw I never bought it 

45 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Post of the day:tu:

4 hours ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

didn’t think it was this bad 

D6E5DF86-7FA5-4C08-A31B-9CD18322C532.jpeg

Get this shite tae fuck! Don’t recall the team back then having to navigate through 8 European ties by the end of August. First league defeat for the new boss having to rebuild from scratch.

4 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Beating the scum at scumdome wasn't always a hard task mate

These last 7/8 years has many of us bears growing such an inferiority complex against them .

It's understandable . Imagine we were on a run of 7 years without losing to them in the league.

Throw in  loads of cup sf final wins .

It would be heaven. Unbelievable .. So that has given them the arrogance to think , they can never lose to us .

However history still tells you . We have beaten the scum more times at their place . Than they have beaten us at ours

Can't believe the over reaction on here. The circumstances yesterday were all against us in every way.  They deserved their win yesterday but despite their 'dominance' I never thought at one point they were a team we could not compete with over the course of a season.

Let's see howthings are when we:-

A) Have played 15 games with a squad we only just built.

B) Get our injured players and newer signings into the team

C) Don't have to travel to the middle of Russia 72 hours before an away game against our main opponents.

There's a very long way to go this season.

We've made amazing strides so far to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League.  That is some achievement in the very short time SG has been Manager.  More than 'some achievement' - its been outstanding.  And a money spinning achievement too.

The squad is rebuilt again but this time under a Manager who knows more than a thing or ten about winning and what it takes to be a winner at the highest level.  It'll take more time for them to gel properly and really get into higher performing and results-achieving gears.   

I believe we will get better.  Much better.  Part of that will be because of the motivation and experience of playing better quality opposition through the European games.    So for me I hope we are in good contention for the top of the league come the end of the first half of the season and then see what an improving stronger Rangers side can do in the second half of the season to mount the  sort of title challenge we all want to see.    

We've had damn near instant success from SG in getting through to the league stage of the Europa League.   Over the years I don't think that many teams have come all the way through the qualifying rounds to get to the league stage.  We have and its a great achievement.   

I still think that as we get better and stronger and if we can be in good contention at the top for the start of the 2nd half of the season then maybe, just maybe, a sort of Gerrard Juggernaut effect could kick in where his sheer desire to win inspires the team to do just that.   

37 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We lost one match yesterday . And the points we have dropped were more careless rather than us being shite , exception being the Well second half .

It's not excuses but we have came through 4 qualifying rounds in Europe  in a fucking month .

Can't we surely cut the team some slack here .

I honestly believe we won't drop any more until we play them again . Possibly 2 points .

The beggars now think they are invincible again .They have weakened, no matter what happened yesterday IMO .

I think they will drop points . 

If SG needed any motivation for his players . I would take the piece in todays papers  by that scummy bastard leckie and pin it up on the walls. Naw I never bought it 

Mate, that would honestly be some doing, we go to Hibs and Hearts when even the Tarriers struggle for a win there.

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

There's a very long way to go this season.

We've made amazing strides so far to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League.  That is some achievement in the very short time SG has been Manager.  More than 'some achievement' - its been outstanding.  And a money spinning achievement too.

The squad is rebuilt again but this time under a Manager who knows more than a thing or ten about winning and what it takes to be a winner at the highest level.  It'll take more time for them to gel properly and really get into higher performing and results-achieving gears.   

I believe we will get better.  Much better.  Part of that will be because of the motivation and experience of playing better quality opposition through the European games.    So for me I hope we are in good contention for the top of the league come the end of the first half of the season and then see what an improving stronger Rangers side can do in the second half of the season to mount the  sort of title challenge we all want to see.    

We've had damn near instant success from SG in getting through to the league stage of the Europa League.   Over the years I don't think that many teams have come all the way through the qualifying rounds to get to the league stage.  We have and its a great achievement.   

I still think that as we get better and stronger and if we can be in good contention at the top for the start of the 2nd half of the season then maybe, just maybe, a sort of Gerrard Juggernaut effect could kick in where his sheer desire to win inspires the team to do just that.   

Many good points RB, it is difficult to say where we will be in the league in January but at the moment I am certainly not writing off winning it at the moment.