Never winning the title this season

Amac9

As it stands we won’t win the league but I’m pretty sure we are going to get a lot closer to them this season and a cup is a real possibility.

In among 3 tough away games (and some horrendous refereeing)the team have done superbly to qualify for the Europa. 

Really looking forward to what we see after this break. 

PS fuck international football 

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

As it stands we won’t win the league but I’m pretty sure we are going to get a lot closer to them this season and a cup is a real possibility.

In among 3 tough away games (and some horrendous refereeing)the team have done superbly to qualify for the Europa. 

Really looking forward to what we see after this break. 

PS fuck international football 

To win a cup we are inevitably going to come up against you know who.How is that going to work?To win things we need to beat them and to beat them we need better players ,so there is a bit to go yet before we are celebrating trophies.lets start by beating all the other teams in the league regularly and see how close that gets us meanwhile we can tweak the side releasing the ones who are not up to it and bringing others in.It is the only way IMO.

I reckon we'll run them close. We've been unfortunate. Yesterday was poor, but not as poor as some are making out. We were robbed at Aberdeen and unlucky to concede with the very last kick of the ball against Motherwell. There was such a positivity around the club before yesterday, but as usual, so many struggle to refrain from chucking the toys out the pram. It's September, the club is going in the right direction, I fully believe we'll have a good season.  

10 hours ago, MasterD said:

I've never expected it this season.

To compete well, put up a good fight, challenge and get close is about our limit.

We need another transfer window or 2 of good signings before we'll be able to take them to the wire over a season.

Althouh it still doesn't excuse shite like todays performance.

My thoughts aswell. Finish 2nd, run them close and potentially win a cup. Then next season get a proper challenge going

We need better players the Midfield is too weak and small and can't match the physical challenge of Motherwell or the filth I knew that before the game kicked off we knew that last season as well, Gerrard should have addressed that problem. 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

We need better players the Midfield is too weak and small and can't match the physical challenge of Motherwell or the filth I knew that before the game kicked off we knew that last season as well, Gerrard should have addressed that problem. 

He added coulibaly into the midfield for physicality who we have badly missed. But yes we do need more in the middle if we are going to compete.

the priority for Gerrard it looks in this window was heavily investing in the back line and making us more difficult to crack. Getting the foundations in place.

These things always take time. We need to get a settled 11 and see where we are come January. Then look to further invest.

Results v Aberdeen and Motherwell will hurt us more this season than yesterday’s result.

Looking back on yesterday, after doing a 6k round trip, playing most of the game with 10, then 9 men, going to parkhead against the same players that embarrassed last season, we lost 1-0 to a goal that should never have stood.

im a pessimist cunt at the best of times but, the other 2 games we lost points in have hit us more than yesterday’s.

cool heads needed.

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He added coulibaly into the midfield for physicality who we have badly missed. But yes we do need more in the middle if we are going to compete.

the priority for Gerrard it looks in this window was heavily investing in the back line and making us more difficult to crack. Getting the foundations in place.

These things always take time. We need to get a settled 11 and see where we are come January. Then look to further invest.

There’s an irony about a guy brought in for his physicality missing the last 6 matches through injury.

I know, it can happen to anyone!

We have also be helluva unlucky, 2 last minute equalisers, player sent off for fuck all, a goal that should never had stood, Aberdeen, Motherwell and celtic all away from home in our first 4 games, 8 European game before the end of August.

need to weigh all that up.

37 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

We have also be helluva unlucky, 2 last minute equalisers, player sent off for fuck all, a goal that should never had stood, Aberdeen, Motherwell and celtic all away from home in our first 4 games, 8 European game before the end of August.

need to weigh all that up.

2 last minute equalisers that had been coming for ages and both times we fucked up defensively, and a goal were  their player ran 80 yards himself. Plus, Aberdeen and Motherwell away aren’t that hard to go to and win