Never winning the title this season

Amac9

And anyone who genuinely believes so are deluded. I hear people saying all the time in work how we are going to win the league and do this and that to that mob but they fail to realise we haven't even finished above Aberdeen the past 2 seasons. Now 4 games into the season we have dropped 7 points and lie 4 points behind them and 7 behind Hearts.

The fact we got into the group stages of the Europa League is remarkable but are we really going to make a dent in it? Good for money wise and getting European football back to Ibrox is great but realistically we aren't expecting much.

We need to win at least one cup and close the gap significantly on celtc and finish comfortably in second to at least deem this season any kind of success. We are still way short of mounting a title challenge and people need to accept that.

Probably not. It's been a two year job ever since we came back up. Warburton, Pedro and Murty all kept us at ground-zero. We won't win it this year, but i think it'll be proven at the end of the season that we've put the foundations in place as required in the first year. 

Challnging for the league this year was always going to be difficult. New manager and a new team to gel.

We've got a run of games now where we need to be looking to take maximum points. Get a good run going and see where we are come the mid way point. 

10 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

And anyone who genuinely believes so are deluded. I hear people saying all the time in work how we are going to win the league and do this and that to that mob but they fail to realise we haven't even finished above Aberdeen the past 2 seasons. Now 4 games into the season we have dropped 7 points and lie 4 points behind them and 7 behind Hearts.

The fact we got into the group stages of the Europa League is remarkable but are we really going to make a dent in it? Good for money wise and getting European football back to Ibrox is great but realistically we aren't expecting much.

We need to win at least one cup and close the gap significantly on celtc and finish comfortably in second to at least deem this season any kind of success. We are still way short of mounting a title challenge and people need to accept that.

Away to your bed for fuck sake. Don't expect to win the league this year.

19 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Did you hear Michael Jackson died also.

12 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Challnging for the league this year was always going to be difficult. New manager and a new team to gel.

We've got a run of games now where we need to be looking to take maximum points. Get a good run going and see where we are come the mid way point. 

its always going to be difficult if you cant

win away from home

beat pub teams like Motherwell 

I've never expected it this season.

To compete well, put up a good fight, challenge and get close is about our limit.

We need another transfer window or 2 of good signings before we'll be able to take them to the wire over a season.

Although it still doesn't excuse shite like todays performance.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, we where absolute garbage this afternoon but Gerrard and Co will have learned a lot from today. (they are not the team they where) anyone who seen that pathetic lap of honor for a victory against a "new club" can see they are clinging on to this plastic period of dominance that they have milked to death. 

We now have an international break and come back to relatively "easy" fixtures, bread and butter games that require maximum points. 

Get on a winning run, a potentially long winning run is very much feasible given the fixtures on the horizon, doing that we apply pressure - they have difficult fixtures to come they will drop points.. Let's see where we are at Christmas, it's about us and what we do. 

Work will be shite tomorrow, grin and bare it as their days are numbered - and their little victory today only papers over the cracks, they are in a mess behind the scenes and they needed that today a lot lot more than us. They'll get a very different game at Ibrox!

Fuck them! 

Second place was always the target this season IMO but we need to beat the scum at least twice before I’ll say there’s been improvement 

It would be wonderful for Gerrard to take the title this season but he’s still feeling his way

Close second and a cup, that would be success in my book

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Friendly reminder that with a small manchild in charge for the vast majority of last season, we finished 12 points behind the greatest team to ever grace the game of football. 

That team barely broke sweat to beat us today.

I agree that they're hugely overrated in Scotland and it wouldn't take as much as people think to beat them but our manager and players have to believe that. 

Today was a pathetic effort. 

Maybe we won’t but I’m not going to give up on things this early on. If we drop points to Dundee, st Johnstone or Livingston the at this early stage i’d say it looks very unlikely.

Beat them then hearts and the spoon burners and people will start to believe it again such is the yo-yo of optimism to pessimism.