A pint with Novo

.Williamson.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Decent read, even if it is fairly long 

I like him:) He always chats when in his bar, stops for pictures,  even when working.  Joins in and has a song with the fans.  Really good craic:)  

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I like him too

Have gave him a hard time in the past as I genuinely felt he was limited as a player but you can clearly see he loves the club and fans and we have enough cunt ex players in the media without jumping on the genuine good guys too

Absolutely.  He might not be a legend as a player to many,  but definitely good to the fans:)  

We done the Ibrox tour the Saturday before the tim game and had a beer in a few pubs up PRW, NN10 was one he was not around when we were in but the tunes were blasting out and there was a fair crowd in, there is two doors one says lounge the other says bar they both lead into the same room so fuck knows what that is about.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

We done the Ibrox tour the Saturday before the tim game and had a beer in a few pubs up PRW, NN10 was one he was not around when we were in but the tunes were blasting out and there was a fair crowd in, there is two doors one says lounge the other says bar they both lead into the same room so fuck knows what that is about.

You didn't get an invite into the secret room then ?

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Novo is undoubtedly a 'nice guy', but his reputation as a Rangers player seems to grow larger with each passing year. He was bang average on a good day.

Scored some big goals for us, hibs, celtic, Falkirk cup final and the penalty against Fiorentina obviously. He's not what i would class as a legend, but i can see why some might.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Really like him, but not a legend imo. Good read as well.

Genuinely canny remember him playing at Carlisle or Morton either :lol: 

He was a decent player especially in his first season with him and big dado upfront. Then he just became a very good impact sub. I wouldn't class him as a legend either, seems to come from the fact he was involved In a lot of iconic moments.

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

in the article:

There has rarely been a Rangers player play an individual role in so many iconic moments during his tenure in the modern era. He scored the winning goal against Hibs on Helicopter Sunday, the winning penalty v Fiorentina, a stunning Scottish Cup winner v Falkirk.

Novo had a key influence in three legendary moments (that was some goal from the throw in). He's a minor legend ?

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Scored some big goals for us, hibs, celtic, Falkirk cup final and the penalty against Fiorentina obviously. He's not what i would class as a legend, but i can see why some might.

Did he not also score the goal that got into the CL group stages . Memory is going , but Red Star perhaps ? 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not a club legend? Are people fucking mental or what?

Unless by club legend we're solely defining that by how good someone was as a player.

Suppose it's that whole thing about everyone having a different idea of what is a legend in their own view.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I like him too

Have gave him a hard time in the past as I genuinely felt he was limited as a player but you can clearly see he loves the club and fans and we have enough cunt ex players in the media without jumping on the genuine good guys too

Gave me a signed ball and pictures of him signing it for my daughter on her 16th birthday, also phoned her mobile to wish her happy birthday and chatted with her for about 5 minutes. Quality wee guy. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Good post OP .... and a good wee  read as you say.

That penalty that got us to Manchester alone gives him the right to be classed as a legend ..... not to mention all the other important goals he scored for us including the CL .... and especially against the scum .... maybe not as readily recognisable as some of our many other legends but for me and many others he is still of the mould that makes him one also.

:UK:

It's when you get threads like this you realise just how many important goals the wee man scored for us .