***Official Hibernian v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, ready1873 said:

Potentially the biggest game of the season imo. Or one of them at least. 

Probably my favourite Morelos goal is that one there a year ago and we need him on his game here. 

To the bears that got a ticket, enjoy and give it laldy. 

Limbs that night x

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Follow the Tynecastle blueprint, exempting of course the studding their goalkeeper in the head. 

We’ll need to be ready to weather a storm early, but we’ll have room play some combinations on the counter and break this horrible cycle of moving it slowly out wide for a shite cross. 

Same team bar Morelos in for Lafferty. 

Morelos replacing Lafferty is the only change I'd make.     It's easy to say and I'm sure SG will have them well drilled but 11 starting players being right up for a contest right from the start is vital.   No taking time to swan about easing into the game - high tempo, in-their-faces football right from the off.    Defend well and can we please have some players who know where goal is and who then actually go on to score a few.    The 1-1 battles need to be won throughout the game.  More than that, the quality in the players needs to shine through to taking goal-scoring opportunities.   Its still only 3 points at stake but its a vital 3 points.

.............. and it sure would be good to avoid having anyone sent off. 

14 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Morelos replacing Lafferty is the only change I'd make.     It's easy to say and I'm sure SG will have them well drilled but 11 starting players being right up for a contest right from the start is vital.   No taking time to swan about easing into the game - high tempo, in-their-faces football right from the off.    Defend well and can we please have some players who know where goal is and who then actually go on to score a few.    The 1-1 battles need to be won throughout the game.  More than that, the quality in the players needs to shine through to taking goal-scoring opportunities.   Its still only 3 points at stake but its a vital 3 points.

.............. and it sure would be good to avoid having anyone sent off. 

Bang on with that.

Taking our scoring opportunities is key and we do miss out on so many of them, including from Morelos, so let's hope he has the shooting boots well polished.

McGregor

Tav      Goldson        McAuley       Barasic

Rossiter

Jack                                  Arfield

Candeias          Morelos               Grezda

( sorry, I like Rossiter 🙂 Also, I would be okay with Middleton for Grezda )

Archived