Halliday.

ForeverAndEver

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

His best game other than the scum win.

What impressed me most was his willingness to run beyond Kent.

Hamilton weren't up to fuck all down his side in fairness but that was a very good performance from him from start to finish.

I'd love to see a Rangers team that were strong on both sides. All through the journey up through the leagues we were really strong on the left hand side and in the Championship had a strong partnership with Wallace and McKay. Now we're really strong on the right. It would be good if we could form a good partnership on both sides. Today on the left looked promising.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Excellent again. 

Really difficult call for SG, I think Barasic can go a few levels above Halliday. He’s not showing it at the moment, but needs a run to have a chance. 

A good dilemma for the gaffer to have. Barasic does edge it in the technical ability dept, but Halliday for me has much better application and more committed. Halliday can also do left mid. In fact, on Gerrard instruction, I thnk he could play anywhere without fear.

The squad is big enough for both and competition for places is a great thing and give players that competitive edge.

Halliday turned his career around when Gerrard walked up that marble staircase. He new something great was happening at long last. He wanted some of it. Stepped up and earned his place.

The second half of the season will be very interesting and exciting as new players settle in and there is certainly a very together and colourful dressing room. There will be police raids if they keep up the sash bashes. A lot of positives and much to look forward to, despite the disappointments of a few poor results.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Excellent again. 

Really difficult call for SG, I think Barasic can go a few levels above Halliday. He’s not showing it at the moment, but needs a run to have a chance. 

We don’t have time to wait on guys getting up to scratch mate. We need guys at their best just now and it’s looking like Halliday is the best in that position. 

The great thing about halliday is the fact that IF he gets dropped, he doesn't throw a wobbler. He comes in as sub, or the next game, and just tries to do his job. Well. 

A novel idea that I would love to catch on. 

Always happy to see him start, but equally happy if he's on the bench as at least he will come on and put a shift in. 

Thought he was good today and I'm glad we got him back from deepest darkest Azerbaijan 

3 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Consistently brilliant this season. Anyone who thinks he's not.. 

a. good enough to start every week in an SPL winning Rangers side

b. worthy of the armband

c. staunch as fuck

...needs to re-evaluate!

b. our captain currently playing some of the best football of his career and you want to hand someone else the armband.

no one gves a fuck how staunch he claims to be - had enough of so-called Rangers-men over the past 10 years to last a lifetime

Maintain the consistency keep the shirt - simple as that 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

Was brilliant.  Actually stunned how hes turned his career around at us.

In my opinion Halliday is a great reflection on Mr Gerrard and his ability to build player confidence.

A lot of negative shite spouted on social media from the other side about our manager blaming his players but they all seem to love him and I assume this is because they know if they work hard the manager will back them.

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

b. our captain currently playing some of the best football of his career and you want to hand someone else the armband.

no one gves a fuck how staunch he claims to be -

I'd consider having him as the captain next year unless we bring in someone specifically to fill that role(What other candidate is there), Tav might be playing great football but hes not a leader or captain. Just because you set a good example and try hard doesn't (shouldn't earn the armband).

He plays for the shirt, he plays for the club, he plays for the fans, thats what you want from every player but you won't get it from most. Take Morelos, as much as we love him he's going, even if we doubled his wages i still think he would go. 

3 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I'd consider having him as the captain next year unless we bring in someone specifically to fill that role(What other candidate is there), Tav might be playing great football but hes not a leader or captain. Just because you set a good example and try hard doesn't (shouldn't earn the armband).

He plays for the shirt, he plays for the club, he plays for the fans, thats what you want from every player but you won't get it from most. Take Morelos, as much as we love him he's going, even if we doubled his wages i still think he would go. 

point 1 - a captain leads by example and i want one who's on the teamsheet every week, have a feeling  Barisic will be our regular lb - Goldson 100% more a leader than Oor Andy.

plays for the shirt -- nonsense -- Candeias offers as much effort - he playing for the shirt too?  

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

point 1 - a captain leads by example and i want one who's on the teamsheet every week, have a feeling  Barisic will be our regular lb - Goldson 100% more a leader than Oor Andy.

Candeias offers as much effort - he playing for the shirt too?  

As do I, and yes Gerrard might want Barisic as the LB but if hes injured or Andy doesn't fuck up he should remain playing. If Andy performs till the end of the season, why not?

Candeias, again i agree but he doesn't stand out as a leader either. Goldson yes leader, so possible captain.

4 hours ago, crabbit247 said:

The great thing about halliday is the fact that IF he gets dropped, he doesn't throw a wobbler. He comes in as sub, or the next game, and just tries to do his job. Well. 

A novel idea that I would love to catch on. 

Always happy to see him start, but equally happy if he's on the bench as at least he will come on and put a shift in. 

Thought he was good today and I'm glad we got him back from deepest darkest Azerbaijan 

Post of the thread mate. Seems to have gone unnoticed.

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

no one gves a fuck how staunch he claims to be - had enough of so-called Rangers-men over the past 10 years to last a lifetime

Maintain the consistency keep the shirt - simple as that 

Our current captain has good games and bad games and is still guilty of absolute howlers. He does not imo have the backbone and leadership necessary on the pitch.

The "staunch as fuck" comment was tongue-in-cheek. Of course the performance on the pitch is the priority but it DOES make a difference in this modern age having players who actually care about the shirt (as well as their career prospects, wages etc) 

59 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Our current captain has good games and bad games and is still guilty of absolute howlers. He does not imo have the backbone and leadership necessary on the pitch.

The "staunch as fuck" comment was tongue-in-cheek. Of course the performance on the pitch is the priority but it DOES make a difference in this modern age having players who actually care about the shirt (as well as their career prospects, wages etc) 

Tav has more good games than anyone else, Alfie aside. He’s also dragged us back into a number of games this season and last, doing it from RB. 

I don’t think taking it from Tav to give it to our second choice left back is the answer.

Only alternatives are Goldson and Jack IMO, and I don’t think Jack is vocal enough and Goldson while vocal hasn’t exactly been great recently.