Middleton scores again for reserves

j1mgg

I see that Middleton scored a double today against Hibs. He seems to be on the score sheet most times I read about the reserves.

I know people say he is a one trick pony, running down the wing with pace, but no finish as in crossing.

What position is he playing in these reserve games that he is getting these goals?

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/Rangers-3-2-hibernian/

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I see that Middleton scored a double today against Hibs. He seems to be on the score sheet most times I read about the reserves.

I know people say he is a one trick pony, running down the wing with pace, but no finish as in crossing.

What position is he playing in these reserve games that he is getting these goals?

Did we win btw? Rangers were 8/1 For that game the day lol 

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Was in the bookies and seen that price, shat out of taking it when I seen hibs were unbeaten all season 😪

I thought they must have been playing first team players when they were that price :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I thought they must have been playing first team players when they were that price :lol:

They were playing a lot of first team players

Bogdan, Shaw, Gauld (what a flop he has been for them), Spector, Mackie, Agyepong, Bigirimana all played 

Good win for the reserves

Just now, psb07158 said:

Bogdan, Shaw, Gauld (what a flop he has been for them), Spector, Mackie, Agyepong, Bigirimana all played 

Fucking outstanding victory for the young pups

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know people talk about sending Middleton out on loan next year but personally I think he is better training/learning with the big boys every day and playing with the reserves until he is ready. 

Don’t agree with that. He’s 19 and has clearly outgrown playing in the youth/reserve games. He isn’t going to learn anything now without pushing on and getting regular first team football.

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Gauld :lol:

Didn't even know he was there 

16 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

He's only played 5 games and has been absolutely awful

Remember some fans on here saying we should have signed him in January. Incredible how much he has regressed as a footballer he looked brilliant when he came through the ranks

27 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Don’t agree with that. He’s 19 and has clearly outgrown playing in the youth/reserve games. He isn’t going to learn anything now without pushing on and getting regular first team football.

Totally agree - the only exception being if a player is way off the physical level needed to play against adults - then he’s better off in a top-tier youth side.

28 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Remember some fans on here saying we should have signed him in January. Incredible how much he has regressed as a footballer he looked brilliant when he came through the ranks

I could be misremembering, but I'm sure @TMB was the one that was hyping him up and wanting him to sign for us.

24 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I remember when he first came through into Dundee utds first team, I really did think he was the best Scottish prospect I had seen in years. I didn't think he could fail and thought he had made the right move gong to Portugal where I thought his natural ability would flourish. To think he isn't good enough to get a game for hibs now is truly surprising. Its a mystery how he has stalled as a player.

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

I remember when he first came through into Dundee utds first team, I really did think he was the best Scottish prospect I had seen in years. I didn't think he could fail and thought he had made the right move gong to Portugal where I thought his natural ability would flourish. To think he isn't good enough to get a game for hibs now is truly surprising. Its a mystery how he has stalled as a player.

Is maybe confidence. If a player go to a big team and many people are speaking about how good they are in one country and then move to different country and nobody speak of him the same way then it can break his confidence and this can affect his football. I dont know. Is what I think.

46 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Got injured for a month I’m sure mate

They had Emerson Hyndman during the first half of the season and he barley kicked a ball either but that might have been due to injury.  Hard to believe these guys can’t get a game with Hibs.  

He deserves a few more chances in the team that's been thrown his way this season. I think he's done pretty well in the games he has started or came on as a sub, he's pretty direct and with a run of games can surely only get better