Katic and Goldson

This combination provide such a solid base for the team to build from.

I don't subscribe to the "Stevie got it wrong with Worrall" theories.  I think Katic had extreme personal issues mid-season.

It does look like we have got a really strong base for next season and only need to add cover - ideally a young player with potential, maybe even from the academy.

Really confident going into next season with Katic and Goldson as our centre backs.  They look comfortable playing alongside each other which I don't think Worrall has with anyone this season.

19 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Both were colossal at the back for us today. They need to remain first choice for next season 

I think one good thing to come from Katic missing much of the season is that he might not be on the radar for EPL clubs.  

Brilliant performance from our two centre backs today......... really love Katic's attitude to the game in particular.... he could easily have spat the dummy and downed toosl after being dropped this season but he has bounced back in fine form.

Katic is clearly not Baresi however at the start of the season him and Goldson were keeping clean sheets and winning points and helping us progress in Europe.

Playing Worral for Katic was a huge mistake from Gerrard and we’ve ultimately suffered.

Going forward we have a great partnership between Goldson and Katic and keeping them together is a basis for us winning the league next year 

Best both of them have played in our shirt.

People very critical of celtic today, but every time their £9m striker went near the ball, he was beaten to it by one of Goldson or Katic. Defensive master class from them today. Goldson so no nonsense, Katic incredible in the air.

I understand Katic may have had personal issues, but Gerrard said it himself, he dropped Katic based on form. No one on here knows just how bad Katic's personal problems were, but if he was dropped to accommodate Worrall then I'll say it again, its been Gerrard's biggest mistake since coming in. 

15 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

I understand Katic may have had personal issues, but Gerrard said it himself, he dropped Katic based on form. No one on here knows just how bad Katic's personal problems were, but if he was dropped to accommodate Worrall then I'll say it again, its been Gerrard's biggest mistake since coming in. 

His dad was dying and then died. Its a pretty horriffic thing to go through especially when you are young and abroad. Gerrard will have dropped him on form because he will have seen his form drop in training. Its all completely understandable.. He has managed the situation and the player is back playing well. Right decision for me.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

His dad was dying and then died. Its a pretty horriffic thing to go through especially when you are young and abroad. Gerrard will have dropped him on form because he will have seen his form drop in training. Its all completely understandable.. He has managed the situation and the player is back playing well. Right decision for me.

Yeah, terrible situation for the young lad 😞 his head maybe wasn't in it in training which would be completely understandable. At the end of the day great to just see him back putting in performances like he has been lately, especially when many thought he wouldn't be seen again. 

14 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Yeah, terrible situation for the young lad 😞 his head maybe wasn't in it in training which would be completely understandable. At the end of the day great to just see him back putting in performances like he has been lately, especially when many thought he wouldn't be seen again. 

We, as football fans, too often judge these young players on selection/pitch time only... there is a lot more to a human being. Gerrard knows that he is a good player.. but the player went through a terrible time and was managed accordingly.