What else do we need?

GOAT

I trust SG and his backroom team to recognise what we need to win the league and to go out and find the right players for the positions we need covered.

A left back is our number one priority imo and a striker to replace AM is an absolute must - assuming he goes.

1 hour ago, Del said:

This has got to be one of the most bizzare posts I've seen on here...

He isnt bright enough to play in a different formation or style of play???

How on earth have you came to that conclusion...

Yes, he's not as intelligent a player as a Defoe or as Arfield who both offer more to the team the team is more fluid without him and can break down teams better.

I dont quite see what is bizarre about it we went on one of our best runs and looked more of a team when he never featured we won six games on the spin something we have never done for years and scored 14 goals.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, he's not as intelligent a player as a Defoe or as Arfield who both offer more to the team the team is more fluid without him and can break down teams better.

You just can't help yourself having a dig at Morelos once or twice a week.  He is our biggest sellable asset and that is because he is our most valuable player. I hope he scores 40+ this season.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You just can't help yourself having a dig at Morelos once or twice a week.  He is our biggest sellable asset and that is because he is our most valuable player. I hope he scores 40+ this season.

Forums are about opinions do you not see that?. I hope he's away as we will struggle if Gerrard keeps playing a system that suits him rather than the team, let us down too many times this season as well.

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

Forums are about opinions do you not see that?. I hope he's away as we will struggle if Gerrard keeps playing a system that suits him rather than the team, let us down too many times this season as well.

Playing a system that let him accrue 30 goals and you think that’s not right?

Our last 30 goal striker was  Kris Boyd 10years ago 

It’s took us long enough to find him we should keep him for as long as possible 

8 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Genuinely dont think Ojo, Aribo and Kent will be enough. Think we've taken a naive confidence from our end of season form, and the 'quality' Gerrard has spoke about seems dependent on the Morelos sale. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Smile said:

I dont quite see what is bizarre about it we went on one of our best runs and looked more of a team when he never featured we won six games on the spin something we have never done for years and scored 14 goals.

You said hes not bright enough to play in another system...

To which I asked how you came to that conclusion...not whose more intelligent, or who is better in what system, or are we better with or without him in the team...

If you had said that then I could perhaps have agreed and it wouldnt have been bizzare but to say hes not bright enough to play in another system is just simply unfounded and daft!

We need a 4th CB, a new LB and a striker.

If Alfie leaves, we need two strikers.

I’m not nearly as excited as many about the Ojo signing. Along with Kent, he may be a very talented player with lots of qualities but will he notch 10-12 goals / 8-10 assists? I’m not sure the end product will be there.

43 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Genuinely dont think Ojo, Aribo and Kent will be enough. Think we've taken a naive confidence from our end of season form, and the 'quality' Gerrard has spoke about seems dependent on the Morelos sale. 

Again another post full of conjecture portrayed as fact...

Aribo will be a higher end salary for us, he will be one of the "quality signings" but to give a comparison to last season, we had to get players in early in order to compete with the early rounds of the Europa League. Guys like McGregor, Arfield, Goldson and Katic were all done by this time last season, but there isnt a need to do that this time.

We have a squad that should be able to negotiate the earlier round, probably most of the rounds, but we still have 2 and half months of transfer window left and some of the transfer kitty might depends on if we qualify or not.

Any player sales will add to that but we need to chill out and give the club time to deal with this, as with Kent and Liverpool, some clubs arent even back in yet and are still on holiday!

1 hour ago, Sash tap said:

We need a 4th CB, a new LB and a striker.

If Alfie leaves, we need two strikers.

I’m not nearly as excited as many about the Ojo signing. Along with Kent, he may be a very talented player with lots of qualities but will he notch 10-12 goals / 8-10 assists? I’m not sure the end product will be there.

more excited over the Aribo signing -- scored 10 from midfield last season Seems to love a tackle and appears technically gifted 

If we get Aribo and Kent over the line, which seems likely, another CB for cover. LB maybe but I think Barisic could cover that spot with Halliday as number 2.

Midfield will be fine if we get the two previously mentioned.

If we sell Alfie, which is possible, we will need another top quality striker, a marqee type with Mbude and Rudden as back up.

4 hours ago, Smile said:

Your conclusion might be correct, but your reasoning is specious good sir.

9 hours ago, Vanoli said:

That's my worry. If you asked everyone before that run, they would have ripped up half the team. If arfield in particular can show that form all season we will be fine. I'm not sure he can though.

28 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I reckon we are there or there abouts. Anybody else coming in needs to be an upgrade on the starting 11. Plenty need to depart now and think that will start to happen over the next few weeks 

I agree, the only upgrade would be if Morelos were to leave and then it would have to be a major coup to replace him. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's obvious Grezda, Lafferty, Holt, Dodoo, Dorrans and Middleton(loan) are trying to be shifted out.

Views on Rossiter, Docherty, Hardie, Barjonas, Hastie, Murphy, Polster and the GKs leaving?

Grezda, Lafferty, Dorrans have all been told to find new clubs. Holt going to QPR if we can agree a fee - told we are looking for £250k but dunno if we'll get it. Assume Dodoo will leave either on loan or permanent. Middleton was going to Doncaster on loan but their manager has left so need to wait and see what is happening there. 

No idea what will happen with Rossiter, Docherty, Barjonas or any of the GKs to be honest. 

Murphy & Polster going nowhere. Hastie might go on loan but again depends on how things develop with players leaving and other opportunities that arise to sign others. 

I doubt Morelos will be allowed to leave until we’ve secured EL group stage football, or have confirmed Kent on loan again.

It doesn’t make sense to sell him this early in the window, especially as the clubs who would likely bid for him won’t need him for European Football